Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Onions

Andy King vs Everton

Just wish Schlupp's chance had fallen to him instead. Would've capped an excellent performance.

Always liked King but I can understand some of the criticism that is directed at him. I can't see him keeping James or Drinkwater out of the team but he's gave Pearson something to think about imo.

Will done

First LCFC player to represent us in 3 different divisions! I think he's an excellent player. Those saying "he goes missing..." etc I think are looking at King for the wrong attributes. His game isn't to run around like a headless chicken diving into tackles and playing 50 yard passes. Essential interceptions, and forward runs is more his trade I think. 

First LCFC player to represent us in 3 different divisions! I think he's an excellent player. Those saying "he goes missing..." etc I think are looking at King for the wrong attributes. His game isn't to run around like a headless chicken diving into tackles and playing 50 yard passes. Essential interceptions, and forward runs is more his trade I think.

Dickov has played in three different divisions for us

It's important not to go overboard though. He's had a great debut in the Premier League and looked comfortable, but it needs to be done on a consistent basis. He deserves a lot of support as he's been an important player in turning the club around and getting us here and it would be fantastic for him to have a big season.

He looks as though he's worked on his game over the summer and good on him for that, just hope it's a regular thing for him to be showered with praise.

I've always liked Andy King but the current appraisal of him seems very unbalanced. He has been rightfully criticised in the past because he has had stretches where he has been a passenger in the team, that's hard to argue with for any fan who's been going down a while, he's been here a long time and had a lot of bad spells. He's also had some incredible runs of form. Just like the people who write him off because of a bad game or two, hailing him as the second coming because of a good one is just as stupid. Let's just get behind him and hope he can keep performing like he did against Everton.

Videos gone I see, I'll see what the inevitable copyright is and remove that clip and try again later, but I agree with the above he does look confident in the ball and although it's inly a game in, for someone who you would expect to see behind James and Drinkwater he stepped up.

Well yeah praise him for the performance but people have to get carried away don't they and some of those comments are cringe worthy OTT.

I, for instance, would certainly stop short of comparing him to Frank Lampard and claiming anyone who has the nerve to suggest he isn't going to be good enough for this level is clearly wrong. There have been plenty of players who have looked good for a handful of games at this level who are in fact, completely shit, so keep the praise realistic. 

But yes hopefully he can carry on like that and actually warrant praise on the above scale!

The praise he’s receiving is only in proportion to the criticism he received before the season started, ie “He’s just not good enough for the Premiership”.

You were wrong.

The End.

The praise he’s receiving is only in proportion to the criticism he received before the season started, ie “He’s just not good enough for the Premiership”.

You were wrong.

The End.

Don't see how, I've never said a bad word about him. So good one.

Although he could well turn out to be not good enough for this level so wind your neck in. 

I don't think anyone's said that he's as good as Frank Lampard, or even that he will ever hit those heights. All people have done is say that his style of play is quite similar, in the same way that people said last season that Drinkwater's style of play is similar to Paul Scholes'.

There's a big difference between comparing the style of two players and comparing their respective ability.

Nah, think your speaking for yourself there, think a few people are actually compairing him directly to Frank Lampard, it's typical Foxestalk to be honest if the pendulum isn't swinging one way (Andy King's terrible) It's swinging the other (Andy King's an amazing Premeir League midfielder, after one good game) no chance of getting a balanced view off all but a small minority of posters. 

I've always liked Andy King but the current appraisal of him seems very unbalanced. He has been rightfully criticised in the past because he has had stretches where he has been a passenger in the team, that's hard to argue with for any fan who's been going down a while, he's been here a long time and had a lot of bad spells. He's also had some incredible runs of form. Just like the people who write him off because of a bad game or two, hailing him as the second coming because of a good one is just as stupid. Let's just get behind him and hope he can keep performing like he did against Everton.

Absolutely spot on. King (and Morgan) basically saved us from losing on Saturday. But the Prem is a marathon, not a sprint. One thing that the Everton game confirmed to me, being there and watching it live, was just how quick the Premiership is going to be. It's consistency of performances that will either save us, or not.

This performance alone does not mean he's cut out for the Premier League, just like a relatively poor one from Knockaert doesnt mean he cant hack it in the Prem. As Col said - he saved us from defeat at Everton - let's take the positives from his game at Everton, move on, and get behind him and the rest of the team.

I think kingl is a great player but did he duck down , when the first goal went in , and I saw him in a couple of tackles , not go in as hard has he could of , and lost out one in the box for the second goal !!

Great player though

Let's do the Chelsea and at 9/1 it's a good bet , I think they will probably loose though.

Up the city.

all in all i don't really see what's wrong with praising an academy product after a very good display in the premier league. maybe we just shouldn't comment until one of our lads win the ballon d'or or something. 

4 rating in the Sun what a ****ing rag who did them ratings I'm gonna bombared the **** with emails asking about his football knowledge credentials. And that coming from someone who isn't Kings biggest fan.

Don't let it get to you too much Andy, us Leicester fans know you had a great game.

Good luck on Saturday.

I'll put the video up again around midday tomorrow, people seemed to enjoy the idea of it, so I'll keep adding them about

People need to start uploading to Vimeo.

Will they allow me to keep it on there? 

I'll do both 

Archived