Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Tom Lawrence confirmed by SSN

I work with a Man Utd season ticket holder that goes to EVERY away game and EVERY friendly, fact.

Has been doing that for 20 years and he's gutted to see Lawrence go..... claims we have signed a real diamond and depsite the fact they've signed the likes of Di Maria, he genuinely thinks United have made a mistake.

Yes he's raw still but he has all the attributes although he thinks his best position would be the 'second forward' role just behind Ulloa.

As stated by a few above, he has quick feet, eye for a pass and can go past a man no problem

He looks alright playing against Grimsby Town U19 or whoever but I'll wait to see him play against real opposition before I get too excited. Wish we were still in the league cup.

How about the league one and championship opposition he played against last season?

First and third goal.

Similar to Ben Marshall in playing style. Hopefully more mature and switched on mentally though.

Looks nothing like Marshall from what I can see, he had zero pace, no trickery or dribbling skills, struggled to get past players. Could hit a ball though I'll give him that.

Think Lawrence will have a big role coming off the bench in games. His pace and tricky, weaving runs could be very useful in some tight games. The fact he's left United aged only 20 to play more regularly fills me with confidence that this is a good signing for the dressing room, especially with the United connections.

In the future, however, he could be absolutely massive! Don't see what the worry about the buy back clause is all about. Can't see either him wanting to go back in a hurry or united wanting to use the clause within a few years. He's Nigel's to develop and hopefully he'll be a fantastic coup for us.

Archived