Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Stoke City Pre Match

Im concerned about the attacking pace they have on their wings, they don't play hoofball anymore. Schlupp has to keep on moses. And for those of you calling their back four 'slow', get off fifa lads, this is the premier league.

for the record my heart says 0-1 my head says 1-0. the brittania has always been a fortress.

Shawcross is certainly no slouch, but he is slow to turn and Riyad/Vardy will cause him problems if they are running at him.

Mark Hughes honeymoon period with Stoke will soon end. He is another typical short-sighted manager who seems unable to see the bigger picture and gets seduced by big names and money (a poor mans arry in that respect).

A run of bad results starting this weekend will see him gone by christmas, replaced by someone like Hollowhead I would expect.

well...thats what my spirit guide just said anyway.

To accuse Stoke of simply being a hoofball team is ridiculous. They are more than that. They are a solid set of players, with a game plan that they stick to. They have pace and they have some flair.

However, I think we may have more than them now. I wouldn't be shocked to see us win, but the draw is my shout.

I think we are all being way to confident about this match. Stoke are a good team. We have only played 3 games at this level and looked ok yet many of you seem to think we will beat stoke convincingly

I agree I think some of our fans are getting way carried away yes we have had a few decent perfomances but there is still a long hard season yet and teams like Stoke know how to survive and prosper in this league so getting anything off them will be a bonus particularly at the BS

I think we will line up with an extra man in the middle of the park and hopefully that will be Cambiasso. I would also like to see Powell get a bit of gametime but think that will be from the bench.

Don't see too many changes but, I wouldn't be against seeing Danny, Andy (King) and EC starting together.

Big fan of Simpson too but would still give RDL the shirt for now. Bar their goal, was much better against Arsenal. Perhaps utilising Mahrez and Vardy off Leo up top too.

Something like...

Kasper

RDL Morgan Moore Konch

Mahrez King Cambiasso Drinkwater Vardy

Ulloa

(Alternatively, play three across the middle with both JV and RM either side of Leo - in a 4-3-3 system).

I think we will line up with an extra man in the middle of the park and hopefully that will be Cambiasso. I would also like to see Powell get a bit of gametime but think that will be from the bench.

Don't see too many changes but, I wouldn't be against seeing Danny, Andy (King) and EC starting together.

Big fan of Simpson too but would still give RDL the shirt for now. Bar their goal, was much better against Arsenal. Perhaps utilising Mahrez and Vardy off Leo up top too.

Something like...

Kasper

RDL Morgan Moore Konch

Mahrez King Cambiasso Drinkwater Vardy

Ulloa

(Alternatively, play three across the middle with both JV and RM either side of Leo) - in a 4-3-3 system.

No Schlupp?

That would be my team, with Schlupp over Vardy. Much better defensive option.

No Schlupp?

That would be my team, with Schlupp over Vardy. Much better defensive option.

It's a difficult one for me Col. Jeff has been brilliant on the left, but, I felt that Vardy showed a glimpse of the player we know he is against Arsenal in those 15-20 minutes. Will be a close call, but, think we need another 'goalscorer' on the pitch.

Know it's early days but bar Wood, Ulloa has been our only goalscorer and the one who has also looked most likely. Pace against Huth in particular will be vital in my view.

I wouldn't mind us taking a look at the diamond shape England used last night if the flat 4-4-2 isn't working against Stoke. I'd start with the 4-4-2 as that's what we've had success with so far but the diamond would be good for us.

Schmeichel

RDL Morgan Moore Konchesky

Cambiasso

King ----- Drinkwater

Mahrez

Ulloa Vardy

Don`t think I`ve ever seen a more delusional bunch of fans in my life. As for Stoke playing hoofball, set pieces and being slow at the back- un-educated as well. I know Leicester have been away but didn't realise how long.

So Arsenal continually slip up at the Brit, Chelsea and Man U lost there last season but what is let's be honest a bunch of Championship players are going to go there and win by 3 in some cases.!!!!! A draw would be a real poor result by Stoke's standard.

If we're being honest, not a single Leicester player would come near Stoke's starting 11. They took apart teams with far more quality than Leicester at the Brit last season and beat the best on their home turf last game. If Stoke get going they will eat Leicester and your best hope is all out defence. De Laat, Nugent....come on. Should be 3-0 Stoke, a draw two easy points dropped. Leicester should be looking to survive at best. Sorry if the truth hurts. Oh yes you drew with Arsenal I forgot :-)

As for Huth, above.....he hasn't played a league game since Xmas and love the comment re Walters being our best player.

Don`t think I`ve ever seen a more delusional bunch of fans in my life. You probably have since very few are actually saying what your next sentence claims, and all have been swiftly rebuked. As for Stoke playing hoofball, set pieces and being slow at the back- un-educated as well. You're being naive if you think your back line isn't slow relative to our faster attackers(if played). I know Leicester have been away but didn't realise how long.

So Arsenal continually slip up at the Brit, Chelsea and Man U lost there last season but what is let's be honest a bunch of Championship players are going to go there and win by 3 in some cases.!!!!! A draw would be a real poor result by Stoke's standard. Players who played in the Championship last season. A Stoke fan should really know better, or are you their equivalent of a 'glory' fan? And it may be a disappointing result to draw at home, but it's not a poor one if you know anything about the season so far (yes, I know, you beat Man City, you're probably going to win the league).

If we're being honest, not a single Leicester player would come near Stoke's starting 11. Mahrez, Ulloa, Vardy, Drinkwater, and arguably a couple others would all "come near" your starting XI - Who's being uneducated? They took apart teams with far more quality than Leicester at the Brit last season and beat the best on their home turf last game. If Stoke get going they will eat Leicester and your best hope is all out defence. De Laat, Nugent....come on. What does that even mean? Are you trying to say you think Nuge is a defender? Either way you seriously underestimate our defenders. Should be 3-0 Stoke, a draw two easy points dropped. Leicester should be looking to survive at best. Sorry if the truth hurts. Oh yes you drew with Arsenal I forgot :-) 

I've given you the benefit of the doubt about being a WUM since you are clearly just the local simpleton(one of thousands, anyway) and corrected some of your errors for you.  Do write again :-)

Don`t think I`ve ever seen a more delusional bunch of fans in my life. As for Stoke playing hoofball, set pieces and being slow at the back- un-educated as well. I know Leicester have been away but didn't realise how long.

So Arsenal continually slip up at the Brit, Chelsea and Man U lost there last season but what is let's be honest a bunch of Championship players are going to go there and win by 3 in some cases.!!!!! A draw would be a real poor result by Stoke's standard.

If we're being honest, not a single Leicester player would come near Stoke's starting 11. They took apart teams with far more quality than Leicester at the Brit last season and beat the best on their home turf last game. If Stoke get going they will eat Leicester and your best hope is all out defence. De Laat, Nugent....come on. Should be 3-0 Stoke, a draw two easy points dropped. Leicester should be looking to survive at best. Sorry if the truth hurts. Oh yes you drew with Arsenal I forgot :-)

As for Huth, above.....he hasn't played a league game since Xmas and love the comment re Walters being our best player.

Come back here at the end of the season son and we'll throw you a relegation party.

Come back here at the end of the season son and we'll throw you a relegation party.

Apologies for not throwing you a party last league visit of the same nature:-)

Yeah- constant mid-table comfortable finishes and 9th last term. Don't think we'll lose sleep over another Cardiff City. Enjoy your day in the sun and leave the Prem to it. Man City...Leicester. Mmmmmmm

De Laat did get a few games in our reserve team a while back. Credit to him on that. Doubt he would now though

You'll be the easiest match of our first five games

lol

Wow!

Apologies for not throwing you a party last league visit of the same nature:-)

Yeah- constant mid-table comfortable finishes and 9th last term. Don't think we'll lose sleep over another Cardiff City. Enjoy your day in the sun and leave the Prem to it. Man City...Leicester. Mmmmmmm

Ok mate...that means you will finish 9th or above this season yeah?

Whats the mmmmmmm at the end about???...is your dad there cupping your balls for you ?

Where did I say we would finish 9th or above again? Quote me. As for for perverted fantasies whatever does it for you.

Bottom line is Stoke are an established Prem team and Leicester a bunch of journeymen lower league players who will be lucky to stay up. I noticed a few other sites having a good laugh at you deluded bunch on here which makes it funnier.

Enjoy your cup final on Saturday and enjoy the season. Peterboro will be waiting for your return no doubt.

Archived