Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Stoke City Pre Match

A decent cup run and a mid table finish would be another excellent season in my eyes, with a couple of top 4 scalps on the way.

Your right this is a banana skin waiting to happen, but Hughes has had 2 weeks to do his home work on this game and he will be looking for all 3 points this weekend.

Much as I agree that you're the better team we really couldn't be described as a potential banana skin.

"An embarrassing slip up that wouldn't have happened if the team had approached it correctly" is how I'd define it. Defeat to us would be none of those things

Seems like Stoke think they are better than they actually are, a bit like a lot of teams to be honest. Can't blame other teams for thinking they should be aiming for 3 points at home against the newly promoted sides mind.

lol I'm sorry but Stoke losing to Leicester will never be a 'banana skin'. Ever.

I think anybody will be wary of the newly promoted clubs until Christmas not just Stoke, and class them as potential banana skins especially when we are the home team, also I would have thought Stoke playing how they are capable shouldn't have a problem beating anybody at home.

Just to mention if it was at your place I wouldn't be so confident and would expect you to take the points. What I am trying to say is our home form over the last 5 seasons has been the only reason we are still in this league, I can count the away wins or points on a port vale fans hand! We will be expecting to win this game, and unless your going to come and park the bus for a point (like we did at man city) I wouldn't have thought it would be disrespectful to expect a win and carry on with the home form we have been used to.

I think anybody will be wary of the newly promoted clubs until Christmas and class them as potential banana skins especially when we are the home team, not just Stoke, also I would have thought Stoke playing how they are capable shouldn't have a problem beating anybody at home.

Just to mention if it was at your place I wouldn't be so confident and would expect you to take the points. What I am trying to say is our home form over the last 5 seasons has been the only reason we are still in this league, I can count the away wins or points on a port vale fans hand! We will be expecting to win this game, and unless your going to come and park the bus for a point (like we did at man city) I wouldn't have thought it would be disrespectful to expect a win and carry on with the home form we have been used to.

Premiership-3pm-Kick-offs-16th-August.jp

Hi all, Stokie posting in peace here!

Looking forward to the game on Saturday, i have heard its very close to a sell out. Id expect a close first half and wouldn't be surprised to see you lot score first however i do see Stokes season kicking on from the 3 points we earned away at Man city and Hughes will want to make amends for the very poor showing we had last home game against Villa (we had one of the best home records in the league last season) so he will put out a strong attacking side starting with Begovic in goal, Bardsley,Shawcross,Wilson,Pieters back 4. Whelan, Nzonzi holding mid. Bojan attacking mid. Moses and Arnoutovic wide forwards and Diouf up top.

Moses has impressed since he joined lots of power and takes the ball foward with lots of pace, Hopefully Arnoutovic on the other wing will turn up this Saturday as his form is very inconsistent to say the least. Bojan will start most home games if he is fit this season and to be fair has a lot to prove to himself and supporters, his vision and control in tight spaces is beyond belief from what we have seen pre season. Diouf is a beast that will be full of confidence after his goal last game he is pretty much the same hardworking powerful player as Moses really not afraid to chase back and defend when its needed.

Prediction 3-1 Stoke.

Good luck for the rest of the season lads.

Based on Form and quality I think our line up speaks for it self its so obvious I dont know what the debate is

Schmeichel

De leat Morgan Moore Koncheskey

Cambiasso Hammond

Mahrez Schlupp

Drinkwater King

Nugent

Ulloa Vardy

Seems easy pick to me

Ah, the much revered 422212 formation

same team 1st half that started Arsenal game but with Drinky on for Hammond

subs :

Cambiasso for King or Drinky

Vardy for Ulloa

if winning

Hammond for Schlupp

if losing

Powell for for Schlupp

Subs sorted already? Wowzers. 

I fancy this to be a close 3-1/2-0, the sort of match where one team takes the lead and their opponents leave themselves open to the counter trying to salvage a point late on, sealing the result. Much as it pains me, if I was putting money on it I'd pick Stoke.  That doesn't mean I don't think we can win - we definitely can, I'm just not expecting Stoke to be mugs in any way.

Im concerned about the attacking pace they have on their wings, they don't play hoofball anymore. Schlupp has to keep on moses. And for those of you calling their back four 'slow', get off fifa lads, this is the premier league.

for the record my heart says 0-1 my head says 1-0. the brittania has always been a fortress.

Will we have a fully fit squad for this? Drinky and James back etc?

I think James and Upson are still out. Really hope James is recovering well

Last night on the radio, they mentioned James being out a bit longer than expected.

Bound to miss Saturday's game.

Then again, we all know what miracles the physios at the club are capable of.

To be fair, Stoke have every reason to be optimistic for the game and this is going to be a really, really tough match for us.

They won 10 of their home games last season, only losing 3 which proves just how difficult a place it is to go.

I'd happily take a draw at this point, but I also feel if we are on form our pace up front will cause their defence more problems than they will do ours.

Archived