Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Stoke City Pre Match

No idea why most are putting 2 defenders on the bench as well as a keeper, how often do teams change the back 4 unless there is an injury? Waste of 3 subs there.

Kasper

RDL
Morgan
Moore
Konchesky

Mahrez
Hammond
Drinkwater
Schlupp

Vardy
Ulloa

Subs= Wasyl, Cambiasso, James/King, Albrighton, Knockaert, Powell, Nugent

Keeping Hammond in on the basis that we still need someone in to break up the play and really not sure Cambiasso will be match fit for anything more than a second half cameo just yet.

Frazier Campbell scored more goals in a relegated Cardiff City side than Stevan Jovetic who won the league with Man City did.

What's your point?

Will

Jovetic hardly played and my point is why cream yourself over Bojan like Stoke fans have done and the media have done? Massive signing? Why he's a name and nothing more another one to add to the over rated players list

No idea why most are putting 2 defenders on the bench as well as a keeper, how often do teams change the back 4 unless there is an injury? Waste of 3 subs there.

Kasper

RDL

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Mahrez

Hammond

Drinkwater

Schlupp

Vardy

Ulloa

Subs= Wasyl, Cambiasso, James/King, Albrighton, Knockaert, Powell, Nugent

Keeping Hammond in on the basis that we still need someone in to break up the play and really not sure Cambiasso will be match fit for anything more than a second half cameo just yet.

I agree that a GK and 2 defenders on the bench is probably too many, but it's not a waste of 3 subs - it's a waste of 1 sub. Why wouldn't you have a GK and at least 1 defender on the bench when you can pick 7 subs? I know GKs rarely need replacing, but when you can only use 3 out of 7 subs, there's no reason not to have a spare GK on the bench.

Based on ability and form I'd go with the following:-

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Mahrez

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

Schlupp

Vardy

Ulloa

What a team that looks. I'd love us to beat them by 2 or 3 goals. 

so you've not based your starting XI on form as Hammond and King have been two of our most consistent players in the three games and you've dropped them.

As much as king has done ok, this game is not for him in my mind, they are big and like to throw their weight round, going to need a strong midfield for this one

If King has only done ok I'd love to see what he's like when he's excellent.

The guy has been a revelaiton at the start of this season and deserves to keep his place in the starting XI.

Stoke aren't the team of old full of brutes who play hoof ball. They're a completely different side under Hughes and unless players come back from Internatonal duty with knocks or fatigue I'd be surprised if there are any changes from the team that drew with Arsenal.

The good thing we have now is we have so many options on the bench to make an impact on the game if we are winning and need to tighten up or if we're losing and need to be more attacking

Hi all, Stokie posting in peace here!

Looking forward to the game on Saturday, i have heard its very close to a sell out. Id expect a close first half and wouldn't be surprised to see you lot score first however i do see Stokes season kicking on from the 3 points we earned away at Man city and Hughes will want to make amends for the very poor showing we had last home game against Villa (we had one of the best home records in the league last season) so he will put out a strong attacking side starting with Begovic in goal, Bardsley,Shawcross,Wilson,Pieters back 4. Whelan, Nzonzi holding mid. Bojan attacking mid. Moses and Arnoutovic wide forwards and Diouf up top.

Moses has impressed since he joined lots of power and takes the ball foward with lots of pace, Hopefully Arnoutovic on the other wing will turn up this Saturday as his form is very inconsistent to say the least. Bojan will start most home games if he is fit this season and to be fair has a lot to prove to himself and supporters, his vision and control in tight spaces is beyond belief from what we have seen pre season. Diouf is a beast that will be full of confidence after his goal last game he is pretty much the same hardworking powerful player as Moses really not afraid to chase back and defend when its needed. 

Prediction 3-1 Stoke.

Good luck for the rest of the season lads.

3-1 Hilarious, you expect a better result than what Chelsea managed against us? you realise we took a point of Arsenal recently also?

3-1 Hilarious, you expect a better result than what Chelsea managed against us? you realise we took a point of Arsenal recently also?

Football doesn't work like that, his prediction is no different to any of us expecting anything from this game when they have just beaten the champions.

We are certainly capable of conceding 3 goals to Stoke, that doesn't mean I think Stoke have a better attack than Chelsea or Arsenal, we are also capable of beating them, but that doesn't mean I think we are better than Man City.

Based on Form and quality I think our line up speaks for it self its so obvious I dont know what the debate is

Schmeichel

De leat Morgan Moore Koncheskey

Cambiasso Hammond

Mahrez Schlupp

Drinkwater King

Nugent

Ulloa Vardy

Seems easy pick to me

well yeah when you name a 14 man starting XI it is quite easy.

Yes I do, I think that Hughes will see this game as one that we should be getting all 3 points from. I certainly respect that you gained points against top 6 opposition but on that basis your claiming that your going to be unbeaten all season as arsenal failed to do so?

As I have said there will not be many clubs at the end of the season who have taken points from the stoke away fixture. Fair play to those that do.

So a place in Europe is achievable for yourselves this season then?

Didn't you hear? We drew with Arsenal and Everton!

In all seriousness I'm expecting an extremely tough game, I wouldn't be surprised if Pearson employed similar tactics trying to hit you on the counter attack. I imagine Schlupp will be put on the same side as Moses to keep him in check (should be an interesting battle down the flank).

It's hard to be worried about anyone at the minute as it's been so long since we've been battered by a team (I'm not counting Brighton as the players were probably still smashed from celebrating.).

Stoke were one of my go to teams the season they went up, loved using Delap's throw to big Ricky Fuller ha.

this will be a very tough game for us. And Stoke fans should go into this game expecting a win. they are a very tough side to beat at home and it's their away form that stops them from being a top 8 side.

a draw against Stoke will be a better point than the one we got at home to Everton and if we manage to get a win then it is a greater achievement than the 1-1 draw with Arsenal imo.

it's not a coincidence that a lot of the tops sides in recent seasons haven't always come away happy from the Britannia.

Didn't you hear? We drew with Arsenal and Everton!

In all seriousness I'm expecting an extremely tough game, I wouldn't be surprised if Pearson employed similar tactics trying to hit you on the counter attack. I imagine Schlupp will be put on the same side as Moses to keep him in check (should be an interesting battle down the flank).

It's hard to be worried about anyone at the minute as it's been so long since we've been battered by a team (I'm not counting Brighton as the players were probably still smashed from celebrating.).

Stoke were one of my go to teams the season they went up, loved using Delap's throw to big Ricky Fuller ha.

Fuller what a class player. It should be a very interesting game, I'm looking forward to Saturday already!

By all accounts your fans are confident of staying up this season and even reaching mid table by some posters. That will be a amazing achievement if that could be done.

Fuller what a class player. It should be a very interesting game, I'm looking forward to Saturday already!

By all accounts your fans are confident of staying up this season and even reaching mid table by some posters. That will be a amazing achievement if that could be done.

We've seen so far that we should have nothing to fear, Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton doesn't get much tougher start than that and we have done ok, Saturday is our first game against a team outside the top 7, so it really is a test to see if we have just been raising our games for the big occasion or if we are as good as we looked against better opposition.

We still haven't won a game yet, and we haven't been ahead at any point this season, and we only have 2 points on the board. They may be bonus points, but we need to pick up some wins. I don't think we will win on Saturday, I predicted it as a draw and I'll stick with that, although there could be a last minute winner for either side. It will be a close game unless Hughes completely underestimates us and we catch you unprepared.

A question for you: Last season was obviously great for you, a transition into a footballing side and a top 10 finish, do you think you will push on from here and start challenging for a top 6 spot? Or do you think you are still in the relegation mix and anything other than relegation will be a successful season?

Our season properly kicks off this Saturday imo. We've done really well to raise our game and battle 2 points from our first 3 games but this is the first game of our 13 team league that we need to pick up points from.

Tough start but I think we'll at least get a point. I think Wes and Moore can keep their attackers quiet and Mahrez will have a big game

We've seen so far that we should have nothing to fear, Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton doesn't get much tougher start than that and we have done ok, Saturday is our first game against a team outside the top 7, so it really is a test to see if we have just been raising our games for the big occasion or if we are as good as we looked against better opposition.

We still haven't won a game yet, and we haven't been ahead at any point this season, and we only have 2 points on the board. They may be bonus points, but we need to pick up some wins. I don't think we will win on Saturday, I predicted it as a draw and I'll stick with that, although there could be a last minute winner for either side. It will be a close game unless Hughes completely underestimates us and we catch you unprepared.

A question for you: Last season was obviously great for you, a transition into a footballing side and a top 10 finish, do you think you will push on from here and start challenging for a top 6 spot? Or do you think you are still in the relegation mix and anything other than relegation will be a successful season?

A decent cup run and a mid table finish would be another excellent season in my eyes, with a couple of top 4 scalps on the way.

Your right this is a banana skin waiting to happen, but Hughes has had 2 weeks to do his home work on this game and he will be looking for all 3 points this weekend.

A decent cup run and a mid table finish would be another excellent season in my eyes, with a couple of top 4 scalps on the way.

Your right this is a banana skin waiting to happen, but Hughes has had 2 weeks to do his home work on this game and he will be looking for all 3 points this weekend.

lol I'm sorry but Stoke losing to Leicester will never be a 'banana skin'. Ever.

Archived