Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Stoke City Pre Match

If they sit back deep like usual we should keep Nugent in the team. I don't think a vast amount of people understand how important he has been for us the first three games. If they play it around the back, Nuge will chase it around the entire game, joint hardest working along with moore and wes IMO. He has had an endless gas tank and shows true Leicester spirit on the pitch.

So how do we do this tactically? How best to counter their thuggish hoofball, apart from bringing neck pillows?

Pick a team of our quickest, agile players to duck and dive and tear their thick Neanderthals to shreds with the counter-attacking and slick passing moves that we do so well? Our co-operative pressing of the ball and relentless harrying should scare their halfwits shitless early doors.

Or fight fire with fire and play our heavies?

I suggest everyone wears shirts a couple of sizes below their own to make it more difficult for them to ply their absolutely shameless and scandalous tactics at corners.

What an utterly ridiculous post...

Hard to pick a team for this one, defence will remain the same for obvious reasons but midfield is where we it will likely differ from the first few games.  Want Drinkwater back in centre midfield but it will mean dropping King so I wonder if he'd be tempted to move King a bit further up into the position Nugent's been playing as I think he's been one of our standout performers so far, Hammond should start over Cambiasso based on how he's played so far but if Esteban is a clear improvement over him I've no objections to him starting against Stoke.

So many choices but would be happy with another draw in this tricky away game.

COYB

Watched all three games, thanks.

I'm simply saying Wasilewski is more of a physical presence than moore. And if there is one weapon Stoke has going for them, it's the physical side to their game. Completely different to any of the teams we have faced so far.

I'm not saying Moore has played badly, I'm not saying I want him dropped. Just wondering if Nige is considering changes. That's all, ladies.

Are you basing your opinion of Stoke from 2009?

This makes no sense and has no relevance to my comment you quoted, I feel like you are trying to make a point but I'm too hungover to understand what it is.

Not hard really Ulloa offers a hell of a lot in the air both attacking and defending.

An area we suffered a lot in last season and although Stoke play a better game under Hughes they sill use it.

Sounds like a lot of people on here are expecting the Stoke City side of 18 months ago. They're a pretty quick and dynamic team now. The only thing that hasn't really changed is that their back 4 are quite slow and thus sit quite deep. I think they scored fewer goals from set pieces than any other team last year too. 

Hi all, Stokie posting in peace here!

Looking forward to the game on Saturday, i have heard its very close to a sell out. Id expect a close first half and wouldn't be surprised to see you lot score first however i do see Stokes season kicking on from the 3 points we earned away at Man city and Hughes will want to make amends for the very poor showing we had last home game against Villa (we had one of the best home records in the league last season) so he will put out a strong attacking side starting with Begovic in goal, Bardsley,Shawcross,Wilson,Pieters back 4. Whelan, Nzonzi holding mid. Bojan attacking mid. Moses and Arnoutovic wide forwards and Diouf up top.

Moses has impressed since he joined lots of power and takes the ball foward with lots of pace, Hopefully Arnoutovic on the other wing will turn up this Saturday as his form is very inconsistent to say the least. Bojan will start most home games if he is fit this season and to be fair has a lot to prove to himself and supporters, his vision and control in tight spaces is beyond belief from what we have seen pre season. Diouf is a beast that will be full of confidence after his goal last game he is pretty much the same hardworking powerful player as Moses really not afraid to chase back and defend when its needed. 

Prediction 3-1 Stoke.

Good luck for the rest of the season lads.

Looking forward to the game on Saturday, i have heard its very close to a sell out. Id expect a close first half and wouldn't be surprised to see you lot score first however i do see Stokes season kicking on from the 3 points we earned away at Man city and Hughes will want to make amends for the very poor showing we had last home game against Villa (we had one of the best home records in the league last season) so he will put out a strong attacking side starting with Begovic in goal, Bardsley,Shawcross,Wilson,Pieters back 4. Whelan, Nzonzi holding mid. Bojan attacking mid. Moses and Arnoutovic wide forwards and Diouf up top.

Moses has impressed since he joined lots of power and takes the ball foward with lots of pace, Hopefully Arnoutovic on the other wing will turn up this Saturday as his form is very inconsistent to say the least. Bojan will start most home games if he is fit this season and to be fair has a lot to prove to himself and supporters, his vision and control in tight spaces is beyond belief from what we have seen pre season. Diouf is a beast that will be full of confidence after his goal last game he is pretty much the same hardworking powerful player as Moses really not afraid to chase back and defend when its needed. 

Prediction 3-1 Stoke.

I always imagine a man shovelling coal into a furnace whenever I hear someone refer to themselves as a "Stokie"

That's a strong back line and some technical players to boot.

Bit of a harsh prediction though, we've been very competitive against some good sides.

Id certainly expect every team to visit the Brit this season to be competitive, 90% of our points will be coming from home games this season Hughes will not be happy after the showing we put out against Villa and will be looking to take all 3 points with a strong showing this weekend. 

Prediction 3-1 Stoke.

Will be a tough game...but I am interested to see why you predicted 3-1.

Hazard, lukaku, sanchez, ozil etc..have not put 3 past us this season, and we could have got 3 points out of all 3 games had we taken our chances.

Reading your forum it intrigues me that you guys base us on the fact we have 'no real names' in our squad...but neither did you the season you went up and players like shawcross have not done too badly for themselves.

Will be a tough game...but I am interested to see why you predicted 3-1.

Hazard, lukaku, sanchez, ozil etc..have not put 3 past us this season, and we could have got 3 points out of all 3 games had we taken our chances.

Reading your forum it intrigues me that you guys base us on the fact we have 'no real names' in our squad...but neither did you the season you went up and players like shawcross have not done too badly for themselves.

The only reason im saying we will score 3 is that we have really got to get our home form back upto scratch and if your attacking us as you have done against Arsenal and Everton i can see you committing more players to pressure our back 4 leaving space for us to create. I wouldnt read to much into our forum pal the majority of our fans will respect every club that comes up from the championship regardless of who plays for you, the keyboard warriors on our forum are at times embarrassing and in no way represent the feelings of the SCFC fans as a whole. 

Infact we would have loved see you lot beat the Arse.

I already posted this on the "do they mean us" thread but thought it might sit ok here too...

Personally, I've a lot of respect for Stoke. They've earned their stay in the Premier League and I see the trip to Britannia as a really tough game. Nobody enjoys playing there - not even the top teams. Lets not forget that Stoke finished 9th last season - 17 points clear of relegation. They only lost three games at home - the best home record outside the top five.

For me, getting anything at the likes of Stoke is what being back in the Premier League is all about for us. If we want to survive (and to establish ourselves) at this level, we need to be able to fight and hopefully even get something from teams that are in a similar position to us - hoping for a mid-table finish. Getting anything at Stoke would be a fantastic result. Make no mistake, Stoke away is as tough as it gets. 

Still, having said all that, I'm confident that we are capable of sneaking something there.

I trust Nige and his tactics. He's got it pretty much right so far this season - including subs - and he now has a couple of extra cogs to consider in the mechanics of the team - Cambiasso, Simpson and Powell as brand new faces while Vardy, Drinky, and Albrighton now should be ready for 90 minutes if needed. Looking forward to it - this game could tell us much more about our chances this season than a draw against a pretty poor Arsenal team last week. 

Archived