Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Stoke City Pre Match

I see we are already starting to underestimate teams like Stoke, I suppose, and I going on some of the last months posts,

that if we are not playing a top 5 team team, easy points are inevitable.

Posters blindly believe our new squad is suddenly superior to that of considered lower teams.

Like it always should be, NP has our confidence, but this squad and management team, still have to go out to earn and prove the support that trust with results,if we are not cautious we will soon become the most arrogant and spitefull bunch of supporters, showing no respect for other teams. Lets face it without them there is no game, meaning no foxestalk forum.

To confuse the opposition and their supports , is let KP stadium be a welcoming for team and fans, and let it be our team that make it the fortress, with our voice behind them .

I see we are already starting to underestimate teams like Stoke, I suppose, and I going on some of the last months posts,

Posters blindly believe our new squad is suddenly superior to that of considered lower teams.

Like it always should be, NP has our confidence, but this squad and management team, still have to go out to earn and prove the support that trust with results,if we are not cautious we will soon become the most arrogant and spitefull bunch of supporters, showing no respect for other teams. Lets face it without them there is no game, meaning no foxestalk forum.

To confuse the opposition and their supports , is let KP stadium be a welcoming for team and fans, and let it be our team that make it the fortress, with our voice behind them .

Not seen anybody underestimate Stoke? In fact quite the contrary, most think it will be a really tough game

Good post

Agree that this game will tell us a lot about our true strength. Players raise their game against the big teams so performances against them can be misleading.

I'm sure that Nigel will stick with the same starting XI if they're all fit. But in the longer term I'm sure that something like this will be our first choice team:

Kasper

RDL

Konch

Wes

Liam

Cambiasso

James

Mahrez

DD

Vardy

Ulloa

I know it a few years ago, but will never forget the way stoke fans behaved when we were relegated to division 2.

Rather than celebrate there promotion half of them came over to goad us, plus they particpated in near riot at halftime.

I hope we knock three or four past them,one of the worst clubs and fans around.

Don't see many changes for this and whether I agree or not I can see it being

Kasper

De laet

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

Mahrez

Drinkwater

King

Schlupp

Nugent

Ulloa

Subs

Hamer

Simpson

Albrighton

Cambiasso

Vardy

James

Powell

I think we will edge it 2-1 in a very tight game but I can also see it going the other way

Don't change too much in my humble opinion. We've made a steady start against difficult opposition (bar Shrewsbury obviously).

I'm glad that Vardy is being "bled" back into the side. He will be crucial to us over the course of the season.

3 points are important, no matter how they are gained. 3 points by one goal will do me.

Nugent has to be dropped to the bench for me. Its been a story of missed opportunities so far. Got to give Vardy a chance, he is by far our most dangerous player in open play when attacking their box.

Nugent and Vardy aren't interchangeable, the reason Vardy is more of a threat is because Nugent's job is to drop back in and help out the midfield. That isn't Vardy's game, he harries from the front, but tends to play on the shoulder of the last defender to use his pace and be the outlet when we have the ball. At least that was how he played all last season and seemingly what Nige signed him to do.

Away from home against a team like Stoke I would expect Nugent to play that role, Vardy will most likely get his chance from the bench, or start up front in place of Ulloa if we want his pace against their power. Ulloa might not get much joy in the air.

Nugent and Vardy aren't interchangeable, the reason Vardy is more of a threat is because Nugent's job is to drop back in and help out the midfield. That isn't Vardy's game, he harries from the front, but tends to play on the shoulder of the last defender to use his pace and be the outlet when we have the ball. At least that was how he played all last season and seemingly what Nige signed him to do.

Away from home against a team like Stoke I would expect Nugent to play that role, Vardy will most likely get his chance from the bench, or start up front in place of Ulloa if we want his pace against their power. Ulloa might not get much joy in the air.

But we won't get any joy without him.

Archived