Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
harwich fox

How many Leicester Man U fans..

Stood and clapped

I don't get how you could just sit in the home end and celebrate your teams goals, would you not feel a tad uncomfortable? Smug twat.. Football has tamed down over the years thats for sure you wold never of got away with that in the Filbert Street Kop

what can be done about it? if you point him out will the stewards throw him out?

I don't get how you could just sit in the home end and celebrate your teams goals, would you not feel a tad uncomfortable? Smug twat.. Football has tamed down over the years thats for sure you wold never of got away with that in the Filbert Street Kop

I did it when we played Derby a few seasons back (I think we won 1 - 0). I had to keep my mouth shut though!

I did it when we played Derby a few seasons back (I think we won 1 - 0). I had to keep my mouth shut though!

Yea thats fine its not like your trying to wind people up, i took my mate a arsenal supporter to the famous 3-3 draw at Filbert street when we where both about 15 but told him not to say a word if arsenal scored. as you can imagine it was pretty hard for him to bite his tongue at that game lol

I think there is a distinction between clubs you're a fan of and clubs you follow. I am a Leicester fan, and no one else will ever be my club. The closest I came to fandom of anyone else was Leeds aged 7, and that was a reaction to all the ManU fans at Glenfield Primary in those days. Thrilled they won the league that year.

But doesn't everyone have clubs they follow a bit on the side? I know I followed most of MON's clubs after he left, and would still have a soft spot for them if he took another one on. My in laws follow Southampton, so I look out for them, and my best mate supports Arsenal, so I've been to the Emirates a couple of times and hoped they'd win (they didn't). He's been to Filbert Way too.

I seem to have talked myself out of this: I had a brilliant night watching Liverpool beat Milan-an amazing game of football and a hell of an ending. But if I'd been going to Anfield since I was a kid, I can only imagine how it would feel.

Similarly, the Boro final replay was (having rewatched the video a year or so ago) interminably awful as a spectacle, but brilliant for me. Not one for the neutrals, or even the idle followers, but I was gripped for every tedious minute.

So that is the definition of a fan for me. If you sit through that and end up smiling, you're a Leicester fan.

The argument about who's a fan and who's a "real" fan will never be won. However, regardless of which club one supports, where one is from, and how many games one has gone to, there's got to be some sort of etiquette that is universal regardless of one's level of fanaticism.

If a fan is going to support the away team but sit outside the segregated away section with the home fans, then at least show a little respect. I don't know why some people get off on wearing other team's colors in sections of the stadium where they're not welcome, rub their support in other's faces, and make a big deal about celebrating goals. There's already a section of the stadium reserved for away fans to do all of that, and if you're not in it, then you're not in it, too bad. It shouldn't matter if you've been to one game or one million games--anybody with any social skills ought to know that this will piss people off. And if one does this with the explicit intention to start trouble, well, I've just got to shake my head.

I get the feeling that part of the reason why Leicester fans are a little uptight about approaching Man U home is that in history, this sort of thing happens with Man U fans a little too often at Leicester.

Say what you will about how much of a Leicester fan I am :rolleyes: but I wouldn't get a ticket in the Stretford End, wear all blue, and be obnoxious. Then again, I suppose if I just kept quiet, I'd blend right in with Man U's home support. :P

The Chelea games always seemed to have the same problems with there fans sitting in the home end and being totally obnoxious rubbing it in and celebrating when they score

what is it with Leicester Chelsea? there always seems to be trouble at these games yet its not derby game, is the a long running feud between the 2 sets of fans or something?

Worst thing about this is when I was a young kid living in Cornwall I supported Man Utd as do most of the people who live here. It used to be impossible to get tickets for Man Utd in the mid 90s when Old Trafford was around 44000 capacity so I ended up supporting Leicester instead as I would never be able to properly support Man Utd properly, I started supporting Leicester instead as thats who my dad supported and would take me to watch as often as he could. Now we are back in the Premiership and Old Trafford is 77000+ capacity its fairly easy to get tickets for Man Utd and now this season going to be extremely hard for Leicester games. It will make it better when we beat them on Sunday though

I personally dont believe the whole "there is only club you should follow/support/be a fan of".

For me, as long as you support and "prioritise' your local team you are free to follow anyone else you want.

I have a soft spot for Liverpool. This started at a very young age, when Liverpool were not that good around, (in terms of winning division titles), around the 98/99 era. Having said that I go to many Leicester matches, and should leicester play liverpool there is no doubt in my mind that I will support Leicester.

Id like to see Liverpool do well but my priority/bigger concern is Leicester. In my opinion, I think there is nothing wrong with this

I personally dont believe the whole "there is only club you should follow/support/be a fan of".

For me, as long as you support and "prioritise' your local team you are free to follow anyone else you want.

I have a soft spot for Liverpool. This started at a very young age, when Liverpool were not that good around, (in terms of winning division titles), around the 98/99 era. Having said that I go to many Leicester matches, and should leicester play liverpool there is no doubt in my mind that I will support Leicester.

Id like to see Liverpool do well but my priority/bigger concern is Leicester. In my opinion, I think there is nothing wrong with this

I Couldn't disagree more i don't understand how you could have a soft spot for another club, maybe its because i despise Liverpool so much but each to there own i guess, but In my eyes i'm loyal to one club always have been and always will be there is no compromise.

The thing i find interseting is that when fans simlar to yourself say they have a soft spot for another team its never a Southend or a Doncaster its always a club with a big history of success 

Think there's a huge difference between being a Leicester based Man Utd and Leicester fan than someone like me from York who has supported Leicester since my uncle took me to my first game when I was a kid, but also a decent fan of York.

When I wasn't old enough to travel down to Leicester on my own I had a season ticket at York and really enjoyed going. I've been to Wembley with them three times now and was nearly as nervous as I was at Forest a couple of seasons ago when York played in the playoff final.

I'd want Leicester to beat York all day long whatever the competition, but you can definitely be a fan of more than one team without being a ****.

Really can't stand Man Utd.

And as for those Leicester people who support Man U, the lowest of the low.

I might be a bit primeval but I am of the belief you support your local team.

When I lived in Portsmouth, I still tried to see Leicester when I could but I would also go and watch Pompey because I loved live football, but if Leicester played Pompey there was no doubt who I supported.

These Man U scum in Leicester are not from Manchester. They are the worst sort of supporters, no imagination whatsoever. They just chose the biggest most successful club they could think of when growing up. They had no real parental guidance.

Any in the Leicester end deserve what comes to them.

Come on City, thrash the United scum.

Primeval? Not sure about that but definitely Neanderthal!

I haven't read such a piece of moronic drivel in a long time. What's with all this scum stuff. There's people in here stuck in the seventies and eighties. Grow up and move on, times have changed.

People are free to support who they want and how they want and presuming you have a right to tell them they're wrong is total arrogant intolerance.

I'll take your word for it ive just never been in the situation myself although i have friends who support Ranger and Chelsea and Celtic and Liverpool, but i can understand where your coming from its not like your glory hunting a team in the champions league its your hometown and i suppose if Corby Town were a half decent conference side i would probably follow them to see how they are doing

Im a Leicester fan living in Cork City Ireland for the last 40 years. Im surrounded by the usual Chelsea/Liverpool/Utd  fans.I will support Leicester inside in pubs full of these fans with my Leicester top on.

Half the city know me because of who I support..Leicester have defined my life/shaped my personality and its being one hell of a ride.

Am I less of a fan because I live outside Leicester ..I don't think so.

.Am I less of a fan because I also have a fond interest in Glasgow Celtic...No.

Its possible to combine the two ,quite easily

Roll on Sunday

Archived