Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Jamie Vardy

Vardy's performance was equal to any I have seen in 35 years of watching Leicester. Pure striker masterclass. Credit to him for tearing them up so much that it has inspired hate threads from the most hated but deluded bunch of football fans. Arise Sir Jamie!!

To be fair he did cheat a bit :ph34r:

so, our hero failed to get a spot kick yesterday. the fall was a tad theatrical but contact was definite so is he a victim of last week ? was it simply an away from home decision? 

what i noticed was he was looking as much at the defender as he was at the ball. the defender seemed intent on making ground to reach the ball. JV deliberately placed himself in front of the defender at the point where he knew he would receive contact. just seemed to slow down his run a bit.  how does that fit into the rules? is that a foul with intent?  

i can see the refs highlighting this part of his game in their meetings and either identifying that it is a foul and he should receive a pen or that he is instigating the contact and therefore he will struggle to get a decision in this context.

He was completely goal-side of the defender and quite obviously slowed his pace to ensure the defender came into the back of him. That for me is simulating a foul and the referee made the correct decision and probably should have booked him (why don't refs do that except for the really obvious ones?)

The most annoying thing is had he carried on, he was in a great position, goal-side and could have made something more of it. He wins enough legitimate penalties through his pace to not have to do it too and we'll get to the stage where some of those won't get given because of his reputation.

• 3 months later...

Utterly brilliant on Sunday. He was involved in every goal. Other than the obvious - I'm sure others must have mentioned this - he thinks so quickly; for the third goal he had the ball at his feet and his awareness was such that he effectively laid it off for Cambiasso to strike. Marvelous player and to those Man U apologists on the Guardian comments section, just watch him progress throughout this season. That performance was by no means a one-off. 

Not trying to be a troll, but hahahaha

This thread raised a few smiles but I'm not going to pretend I wasn't guilty of saying similar at the time. Never said he'd get an England call up off one game but I thought he'd play like that regularly and put himself on the potential shortlist.

Think hindsight has taught us quite how badly Man Utd actually defended that day.

Not trying to be a troll, but hahahaha

Ha! No, that's fair enough. Like DanLCFC says hindsight is a wonderful/cruel thing. You can't blame me for being ridiculously excited on that day though and wishing the very best for our dear Vards of course. 

let's be fair, laugh at the comments all you want and say how bad united's defence was, but that's probably the best individual performance i've ever seen from a leicester player. you'd have to be incredibly depressing not to get carried away after that. 

let's be fair, laugh at the comments all you want and say how bad united's defence was, but that's probably the best individual performance i've ever seen from a leicester player. you'd have to be incredibly depressing not to get carried away after that.

The cross on the run for the first goal was absolutely ridiculous.

Ha! No, that's fair enough. Like DanLCFC says hindsight is a wonderful/cruel thing. You can't blame me for being ridiculously excited on that day though and wishing the very best for our dear Vards of course. 

Im not blaming you one bit, lol. Tbh I've never seen a player do that to Manchester United, whatever team played them. He was incredible that day. Just wished he could perform to those levels more often. When he plays with Ulloa and Nugent the three of them are really menacing. 

Do feel like the Rafael incident (not Jamies fault) has counted against us, we haven't got a single big decision go for us since, be it a penalty we should of had or one against us that shouldn't.

I take it that you go to all games, both home and away, to make such a statement of fact?

Archived