Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Cambiasso

• 2 weeks later...

Esteban Cambiasso is teaching me a thing or two, says Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson

7095204-large.jpg

Esteban Cambiasso has also been teaching Nigel Pearson a thing or two

It isn’t just his Leicester City team-mates who are learning from experienced midfielder Esteban Cambiasso, manager Nigel Pearson has said.

The 34-year-old Argentina international is his country’s most decorated player at club level following his time with both Real Madrid and Inter Milan.

And Pearson admits he and his coaching staff can also draw some valuable lessons from Cambiasso’s experiences.

Cambiasso has already had a big impact on his City team-mates with several players stating how well he talks and guides them, and Pearson said the backroom team are no different.

“If you have a closed mind to anything then you might be very good at what you do but there won’t be any scope to get better,” said Pearson.

“It depends on the individual but if you have an open mind, meet people and mix with people who come from a different skill sets and experiences then you have a decent chance of learning.

“I don’t think anyone is ever too old to learn from someone else.”

Pearson revealed Cambiasso has been extremely studious since his arrival and was very quick to learn everything he could about his new club and team-mates.

“My observation is when you have someone who learns other people’s names as quickly as Esteban has throughout the squad that would suggest he is interested in his team-mates,” said Pearson.

“He has spent time getting to know his team-mates.

“It illustrates his desire to get to know people but also he understands the fact he will get to know the culture and the people he works with a lot better if he shows interest, and he is genuinely interested.

“That is a reflection of his qualities as a person as much as anything.”

Cambiasso is incredibly thorough in his preparation and has been utilising the video technology available at City so he can study both his team-mates and their Premier League opponents.

“The players have clips of either themselves or the opposition on a daily basis,” said Pearson. “They don’t have to take DVDs, they have it loaded on to their iPad, or whatever medium they use.

“Essentially, he has shown a huge interest in what our opponents are like. That is a personal thing.

“The most important thing is to make things available to people and then it is about how far they take it themselves.

“I am not dictatorial in the way I manage people. I think it is far more productive to make things available and then let them buy into it.”

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Esteban-Cambiasso-teaching-thing-says-Leicester/story-23183871-detail/story.html

what a fantastic write up.... lol But not good enough for our squad against Burnley?

The man is a superstar in every sense of the word, i hope he gets the oportuntity to show all the class he has, legend of the game and hopefully a last minute legend at Citeh. :)

I can't believe how many of our fans thought he was left out for tactical reasons. I genuinely can't believe levels of intelligence go that low.

Implying that you are of superior intelligence? How arrogant are you..?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure SSN reported he was left out due to injury. I also think Cambiasso WONT play every game this season even when fit. This will probably be due to tactical reasons, squad rotation etc.

I can't believe how many of our fans thought he was left out for tactical reasons. I genuinely can't believe levels of intelligence go that low.

I wouldn't be picking him in a 4-4-2, at least for the time being.

This is a fast league, he had no formal pre-season and he's 34.

OH ESTABAN CAMBIASSO
OH ESTABAN CAMBIASSO HIS HEAD IS BALD
AND A LITTLE BIT SHINY

BUT ESTABAN CAMBIASSO

WILL SCORE A GOAL

AH, FOR LEICESTER FOR LEICESTER

AH, FOR LEICESTER FOR LEICESTER

HE SCORES A GOAL

CAM-BI-ASO, CAAAMMBIIIAAASOOOO

Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh, ahhh 

Rinse and repeat, to the tune of La Bamba.  :vardy:

Implying that you are of superior intelligence? How arrogant are you..?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure SSN reported he was left out due to injury. I also think Cambiasso WONT play every game this season even when fit. This will probably be due to tactical reasons, squad rotation etc.

Hang on Col, am I of superior intelligence to someone who thinks Nigel chose to leave Cambiasso out because he didn't have anything to add? Yes. Is that arrogant? Hardly-there are fish with more intelligence than that.

There is a huge difference between keeping Cambiasso's powder dry by benching him for games we ought to win anyway, and leaving him out of the matchday squad entirely. He won't play every game and he isn't going to be as fit as Vardy, but he did play 34(?) games for Inter last year, so he's not exactly Phillips. However, I would expect him to be on the bench at least for every game that he's fit-he showed at Stoke what an impact he can have.

How you commute that into arrogance I don't know.

I wouldn't be picking him in a 4-4-2, at least for the time being.

This is a fast league, he had no formal pre-season and he's 34.

I'd ever say never in a 442 (especially if one of the 2 is Nuge), but he definitely won't start every week, and when he starts he may not finish. But you're always going to want him on the bench aren't you??

What a player to bring on to close out a game/break down last ditch defence/chase a late equaliser/calm nervous kids facing 7 minutes of injury time...

(Edit: I should have said left out of the squad in my first post...)

I'm possibly going to be shot down in flames again for this (or some quip about Cattermole will be made), but Cambiasso is yet to convince me that he still has it, on the field. Off the field, his attitude toward us and wanting to play for us seems fantastic.

But I was concerned about our midfield in the first half of the United game and especially against Palace.

I'm hoping that Cambiasso has remained the player to drive us forward. I THINK He'll be a great player for us. But am yet to be convinced, unlike many on here.

I'm possibly going to be shot down in flames again for this (or some quip about Cattermole will be made), but Cambiasso is yet to convince me that he still has it, on the field. Off the field, his attitude toward us and wanting to play for us seems fantastic.

But I was concerned about our midfield in the first half of the United game and especially against Palace.

I'm hoping that Cambiasso has remained the player to drive us forward. I THINK He'll be a great player for us. But am yet to be convinced, unlike many on here.

I thought he was outstanding 2nd half against Man Utd. You could tell how angry he was with himself the first half as he hadn't got close to a few of their players and we'd been made to pay. His performance against Stoke 2nd half as well was very impressive and he oozed the class and experience we need at this level. I'm under no illusions he's still as good as he was in his mid twenties but he's still got a lot to offer us. I'm not convinced Pearson knows his best XI yet, I know it will change from time to time depending on the opposition but midfield there's a big dilemma as we now have so many options that it could be a bit of a hinderance.

he's played two and a half games for us and has been outstanding in one and a half of them. anyone who says he won't be good enough or might not still all be there or however stupid they want to phrase it is either looking to be the king of "I TOLD U SO HA HA U IDIOTS" at the end of the season should he somehow not carry on being this good, or is just a depressed, pessimistic old turd. 

he's played two and a half games for us and has been outstanding in one and a half of them. anyone who says he won't be good enough or might not still all be there or however stupid they want to phrase it is either looking to be the king of "I TOLD U SO HA HA U IDIOTS" at the end of the season should he somehow not carry on being this good, or is just a depressed, pessimistic old turd.

They could be...or just waiting to see over a longer stretch of games if he is going to be as good as many are already convinced he is. This isn't pessimistic, simply prudent.

For instance, if fit, I think he'll start on Saturday. What I dont want to see is the team over-run in the midfield like it reportedly was against Palace.

Ric Flair has it right IMO. Cambiasso's second half performance against Utd was borne out of anger that himself and others, were pretty shocking first half. That temperament is a great attribute.

Some people see only the good qualities in star footballers as if their status lifts them above criticism. Others try to look at performances objectively and comment on what they see rather than being selective according to who they're talking about.

Fans also seem to adopt  their own favourites whatever and I can understand that with Cambiasso because he's obviously a quality guy with lots to offer in lots of ways.

Sadly that doesn't mean his football is always as good as it needs to be - or anyone else's.

Indeed, talking of others,  it's difficult to believe a team could play so well as we did against Manchester United in the second half yet play so badly against Palace and Burnley.

Come on Col he's only completed one game for us! Didn't have a pre season like the rest and as you know he's one of the older lads in the team.

Some people see only the good qualities in star footballers as if their status lifts them above criticism. Others try to look at performances objectively and comment on what they see rather than being selective according to who they're talking about.

Fans also seem to adopt their own favourites whatever and I can understand that with Cambiasso because he's obviously a quality guy with lots to offer in lots of ways.

Sadly that doesn't mean his football is always as good as it needs to be - or anyone else's.

Indeed, talking of others, it's difficult to believe a team could play so well as we did against Manchester United in the second half yet play so badly against Palace and Burnley.

I don't think it's so much the star players they see positives in, but the positive attitude certainly helps. If Cambiasso had shown up in his Lamborghini, given it large to the press and clearly not been interested, we'd not be saying the things we are about him. Yeah, he's getting more slack than some because he obviously cares and is an excellent influence on the field. Everything we hear about him bonding with the club and teammates (see OP) makes him more likeable, and you inevitably favour those you like. Moore gets slack because of his determination and love of the club, and, till recently, so has Kasper. It's not a bottomless pit of goodwill though-as Knocky has found out.

On the other hand the two players every bloody pundit banged on about preseason (Konchesky and Nugent) are one bad game away from the flaming torch gang on here. Beckford, Yakubu, Johnson were big names and got hammered (mostly entirely correctly), so I think it's more complex than "star names get love".

I really think that even if he couldn't run, having Cambiasso on the pitch for the last 10 vs Burnley would've meant we held out for the win-he seems to calm the rest of the team down and bring us back to the gameplan. But then again that is idle speculation because I like the fella!

I don't think it's so much the star players they see positives in, but the positive attitude certainly helps. If Cambiasso had shown up in his Lamborghini, given it large to the press and clearly not been interested, we'd not be saying the things we are about him. Yeah, he's getting more slack than some because he obviously cares and is an excellent influence on the field. Everything we hear about him bonding with the club and teammates (see OP) makes him more likeable, and you inevitably favour those you like. Moore gets slack because of his determination and love of the club, and, till recently, so has Kasper. It's not a bottomless pit of goodwill though-as Knocky has found out.

On the other hand the two players every bloody pundit banged on about preseason (Konchesky and Nugent) are one bad game away from the flaming torch gang on here. Beckford, Yakubu, Johnson were big names and got hammered (mostly entirely correctly), so I think it's more complex than "star names get love".

I really think that even if he couldn't run, having Cambiasso on the pitch for the last 10 vs Burnley would've meant we held out for the win-he seems to calm the rest of the team down and bring us back to the gameplan. But then again that is idle speculation because I like the fella!

Great post mate. I agree about the whole attitude thing. That was one reason I never really liked Beckford and Mills. They never seemed bothered, not really. They might have been, but didn't seem it. Pearson realised this early on and offloaded. I love Cambi's attitude. Thats not in question.

Actually I see the Newcastle game as a big one in our season. It's not a 'must win', of course. But we have a great chance here to hammer a nail in Pardews coffin. Regardless of everything else, they are simply a poor side!

I want to see Cambiasso really stamp his credentials on this game. It is exactly this type of game where he could really have a big impact. If he controls that central area, we will win. If we don't win the midfield battle, we'll lose. IMO.

Archived