Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
red5

Pearson was 100% right

Recommended Posts

Posted

I get that, but stooping as low as he did yesterday did him no favours at all.

 

Nobody is really saying he has but had I done a superb job at a club in a pretty dire state whilst cutting costs considerably only for it to be rubbished by some no mark who you've been nothing but complimentary towards, I'd be pissed too.

Posted

I get that, but stooping as low as he did yesterday did him no favours at all.

Stooping? What?

He said we're better than you, we are. We're ahead of you in the table, we've had better results so far, our players are better, we were unbeaten against you last year and finished comfortably ahead of you on points as we won the league.

Either we're money bags Leicester and we're streets ahead or we're both on a par, you can't have it both ways.

Sorry, kiddo, but you're bobbins. You got out of jail yesterday with a late set piece because we had an off day and weren't out of reach as seven minutes of added on time were played.

As I said elsewhere, we had an off day. However, you really are just that crap. Want proof? It's called the league table. Want more proof? Look at it in may when you're still in the same spot (or worse) and we're sat comfortably about 15th/16th.

Now go rustle your jimmies on your own boards. We need to make space for the Geordies.

Posted

If I were in Pearson's shoes, I'd be sick of Dyche constantly deflecting attention from his team onto Leicester.

 

Dyche should rightfully get a lot of respect for the way he took Burnley up, but why does he have to keep bringing our better financial situation into it? It's a childish media strategy that tries to stop Burnley fans realising what little ambition their club has.

Posted

If I were in Pearson's shoes, I'd be sick of Dyche constantly deflecting attention from his team onto Leicester.

 

Dyche should rightfully get a lot of respect for the way he took Burnley up, but why does he have to keep bringing our better financial situation into it? It's a childish media strategy that tries to stop Burnley fans realising what little ambition their club has.

 

You've pretty much answered why - either Burnleh don't have the cash to spend, or they don't trust him with it (and when he spends 3m on George Boyd and signs Jukebox and Sordell, I wouldn't trust him with my money either), but by trying to deflect onto how the teams he's competing with have more money, it diverts attention from that he isn't spending or trying to strengthen his squad. It's a ready made excuse for him.

Posted

Stooping? What?

He said we're better than you, we are. We're ahead of you in the table, we've had better results so far, our players are better, we were unbeaten against you last year and finished comfortably ahead of you on points as we won the league.

Either we're money bags Leicester and we're streets ahead or we're both on a par, you can't have it both ways.

Sorry, kiddo, but you're bobbins. You got out of jail yesterday with a late set piece because we had an off day and weren't out of reach as seven minutes of added on time were played.

As I said elsewhere, we had an off day. However, you really are just that crap. Want proof? It's called the league table. Want more proof? Look at it in may when you're still in the same spot (or worse) and we're sat comfortably about 15th/16th.

Now go rustle your jimmies on your own boards. We need to make space for the Geordies.

:appl:

Posted

Pearson wasn't right.

 

 

 

Burnley's attitude and application yesterday was far better than ours.

 

As was the support from their fans.

 

 

 

Better players? Yes....Better attitude? I'm afraid not.

Posted

Like I said at the time, it's easy to play the honourable, nice guy after a win.

 

Pearson doesn't do these sort of interviews, which is why this one is newsworthy. Never made a comment after the pain of play-off defeats, never called a club out after any match, whatever the result.

 

Pearson generally is the nice guy, on this one occassion in 250 games with us he's had a go. Too much in my opinion, but I can see where he was coming from when he mentioned about you being poor and needing a set-piece to get something. Dragging the entire club into it wasn't needed.

 

In any case, he'll be even more pissed off with his own players for failing to see the game out.

Posted

I get that, but stooping as low as he did yesterday did him no favours at all.

Pearson...Hes a football manager,1st and last excuse. Dont want excuses, he didnt make any.!!!

He was showing with that single interview HIS players, that they blew it, that it was them that let him and the fans down.

So once in a while he aint a Gentleman, really!!! So what. Mountains and molehills come to mind.

Dyche interviews in the last year was about his problems, and not the players or club.

I like Dyche, unlike some of my fellow fans.Hes done a top job, and it wouldnt suprise me, that Burnley pick up more points as some believe they will.Like City if they can win games at home, they might stay off relegation, but I believe you will play your

season in the bottom 6, where I see city not slipping in the bottom 3.

like the foxes I reckon the next 6-7 games sets up your seasons to show if we both have enough, to have the right to say,

'We belong'. Not forgetting Burnley have 5 home games from 7 and no top 4 opponents.

More than city, you need at least 3 wins, simply because of the opposition.Then Arsenal Stoke away.

Its these home games that the clarets show if they can gather a momentum to see them through.

Now lets enjoy Hammers against QPR...southern softies!!

Posted

Burnley will be quite happy to go down with a bit of a whimper. That's why they've signed two awful championship strikers. The chairman will pocket nearly all of the promotion money.

Posted

Burnley will be quite happy to go down with a bit of a whimper. That's why they've signed two awful championship strikers. The chairman will pocket nearly all of the promotion money.

I'm telling you now, if we do go down, it won't be with a whimper. Yesterday showed that. West Brom aside, we've been resilient all season.

I'm pretty confident we will stay up.

Posted

not me.

i thought it was demeaning(sp) and lacked class.

like i said before whoever hes aimimg a pop at he needs to say it to them.

imagine city fans reactions to the man.city manager when they whup us 5-0 and he says things like that...we'd be crying all week

Posted

I'm telling you now, if we do go down, it won't be with a whimper. Yesterday showed that. West Brom aside, we've been resilient all season.

I'm pretty confident we will stay up.

 

I'm not sure you can read too much into yesterday's match, really. We were not at the races, for whatever reason.

 

You should be concerned about your lack of goal threat. I think your chances of survival will depend on how clinical Ings and Vokes will be when they return.

Posted

Yep, stooping. You can't have it both ways. You bleated when Dyche was negative towards you, yet some of you then think its ok for Pearson to be be so disrespectful.

I'm not sure it is the same people. It probably is in a few cases but to be honest I think most fans want to see respectful comments from their and other managers.

Football clubs mean a lot to people and spokespeople for other clubs shouldn't be belittling them in any way, shape or form.

I suppose the main difference is that this is one really quite overtly derogatory statement as opposed to lots of snide ones from Dyche.

As long as Dyche does well for you there won't be questions about his character, press conferences or demeanour, but from the outside looking in, it seems like every press conference is not an opportunity to talk about the game. More it is a great opportunity to talk about what a great job Sean Dyche has done. If it's not finances, it's referees costing you games. If it's not referees costing you games, it's the "group"'s attitude not being right. Come rain or shine though there will be some sort of primary school management speak ready to accompany it so that everybody knows that Sean Dyche is Serious About Football.

Sorry to confuse a Dyche rant with a comment on Pearson's stupid comments - I never thought I'd see the day when those 2 were interviewed and I came out of it thinking Pearson was the one being a twat.

Posted

Yep, stooping. You can't have it both ways. You bleated when Dyche was negative towards you, yet some of you then think its ok for Pearson to be be so disrespectful.

 

but what pearson said was disrespectful but true, what dyche said was disrespectful, stupid and completely wrong. 

Posted

Read through the whole of this thread and we do talk some bollocks on here.

 

Pearson was interviewed just after the match finished. He knew that City performed well enough in the first half to have had the game sewn up by half time, and that most of the players didn't perform in the second half. I knew that, and I only watched the match on a low-res video stream. I was pissed off with our performance, so why shouldn't Pearson be?

 

He was right. We are better than Burnley - their only two decent strikers were out yesterday - but we didn't perform like it. That's what he said, so what's the problem, FFS?

Posted

its tasteless,lacks class and is disrespectful.

Lets see yhis..man.city 5 City 0

Pellegrini after the game...we are better than them at every level...better players.

better fans

better stadium

better set up

bettet owners

better pies

better matchday experience

better city overall...etc...we'd be calling for his head!!!

Posted

its tasteless,lacks class and is disrespectful.

Lets see yhis..man.city 5 City 0

Pellegrini after the game...we are better than them at every level...better players.

better fans

better stadium

better set up

bettet owners

better pies

better matchday experience

better city overall...etc...we'd be calling for his head!!!

 

i'd probably be annoyed he's said it but begrudgingly admit he is right on every comment. well dunno about pies i've never had a pie in manchester. 

Posted

they are crap!!

you know what i mean though...I'd hate for an opposition manager to belittle my club..albeit if he is right.

Posted

they are crap!!

you know what i mean though...I'd hate for an opposition manager to belittle my club..albeit if he is right.

 

He didn't belittle Burnley at all. He said we are better than them - have a look at the table - and he said that they are not as good as they were last season, which is also true. End of.

Posted

He didn't belittle Burnley at all. He said we are better than them - have a look at the table - and he said that they are not as good as they were last season, which is also true. End of.

 

He did, he said in "every respect", which I assume included management and board level. There was no need for it.

 

If he'd said "disappointed not to win, thought we were the better side and should've finished them off" I doubt any eyebrows would've been raised and no talking point. He just went beyond that.

Posted

He didn't belittle Burnley at all. He said we are better than them - have a look at the table - and he said that they are not as good as they were last season, which is also true. End of.

no not fooking end of.

little burnley got to him and ruffled his feathers...

made himself look silly.

we are currently above many good established premier teams that dont mean we can say we are better than them...

now thats end of

Posted

Dyche plays the media game very well, whether it's exaggerated or not he's made the world think that Burnley are true outsiders so he'll have little pressure from his fans, the board or the outside world and the press.

 

Pearson is in a slightly different situation, it's well documented and commented that we've spent big money (in the past certainly, not so recently barring Ulloa, although that was helped by the extra revenue we've received). There is pressure on Pearson, he's always going to be talked about as a possibility to be sacked during a bad run, though the owners have kept him for three years.

 

It was a surprise to hear him say what he did as I've never heard it before, he's usually calm, considered, respectful. Maybe the comments from Dyche last season got under his skin, maybe he was angry at the late goal? I don't want our managers, whoever they are, to comment on or belittle other clubs, so I hope (and believe) this is a one-off.

Well said Corky. I couldn't agree with you more.  :appl:

Posted

its tasteless,lacks class and is disrespectful.

Lets see yhis..man.city 5 City 0

Pellegrini after the game...we are better than them at every level...better players.

better fans

better stadium

better set up

bettet owners

better pies

better matchday experience

better city overall...etc...we'd be calling for his head!!!

only weak kneed pussies, who take footballing life too serious.

I Still say, unlike Dyche and Wenger, before him,he wanted his own players to face up and know they have let him, themselves, and the fans down.Nigel goes out of character, where other PL managers interview paths have consistently weaved themselves down week in week out.

He didnt criticise anybody from the opposition , he just said what the city should be taking into account.

English wit, dry midland/northern sacastic humour, seems to go well above some snobbish fans head.

If that interview was your gripe of the week, your living a very sheltered life.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...