Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jon the Hat

2015 Election season ..........stuff it in here.

So you are OK with people like Dennis Skinner who has fallen out with most of the Labour party because he won't shut up?

Yes I'm ok with him Ken.

Are you ok with the numerous backbenchers like Peter Bone and Jacob Rees-Mogg who consistently upset the Conservative heirachy opposing bills?

Yes I'm ok with him Ken.

Are you ok with the numerous backbenchers like Peter Bone and Jacob Rees-Mogg who consistently upset the Conservative heirachy opposing bills?

I probably would be. I think both Labour and Tory are too far right and Labour are catching up. I would rather see a middle ground a mixture of them both. Like the old Liberals were. The Lib Dems are not true Liberals. There is still a party that goes under the name of LiberalsUK and dissociate themselves from the LibDems but never get a mention as they are little known.

Anyway had enough of this subject.off out now.

I feel the same a lot of the time. Although the one in my area is OK. He has one of the best records for attending the House of Commons debates and PQT so he at least earns the fee the taxpayer gives him.

I can't shake my general apathy towards the lot of them.

I found the arrogance of the Lib Dem representative last night particularly annoying. Apparently all the Lib Dems were tactically voting Conservative. He had the audacity to claim students are better off after the tuition fee rises and that the Lib Dems are seen as the party of business. Deluded.

The "left" really is in a mess in this country. Labour showing exactly why you should never vote for them. The monster raving hippy party with it's £10101 a week minimum wage and free money for everyone isn't going to get anywhere fast either. 

As much as I dislike UKIP, Farage is miles ahead of the other leaders in terms of leadership and charisma.

For once i'd just like to see a total fvck up of a party get into power just to screw the system up. A bit like people who now seem to vote for the most crappy act on X factor just to stick one on Simon Cowel's smarmy boatrace. 

Doesn't that happen any way? Also, Simon Cowell doesn't care why people are voting for one crappy act or another. What would really stick it to career politicians would be if the public voted for people who actually lived in the real world, similarly if people stopped buying X factor covers or watching it and returned to listening to bands that actually wrote relevant music.

For once i'd just like to see a total fvck up of a party get into power just to screw the system up. A bit like people who now seem to vote for the most crappy act on X factor just to stick one on Simon Cowel's smarmy boatrace.

Dumbest thing I've ever seen written on here and that really is saying something.

pg-4-farage-getty.jpg

Mr Skinner take a bow son.

:chant:  :chant: :chant:  :chant:  

You`ve got to be on a wind up   lol

His tirade is one of the most pathetic things i`v ever heard, but that`s Skinner the attention seeker for you, the man is a joke.....

I think you`ll find that UKIP want to import skilled people from around the globe, not kick them out. Its the unskilled that are the problem.

You`ve got to be on a wind up lol

His tirade is one of the most pathetic things i`v ever heard, but that`s Skinner the attention seeker for you, the man is a joke.....

I think you`ll find that UKIP want to import skilled people from around the globe, not kick them out. Its the unskilled that are the problem.

Reckless himself said he does want to kick European immigrants out. He refused to answer whether he wanted to just indiscriminately kick every immigrant out of the country by talking about a "transitional period", so basically "yes, but we'll give them a few weeks to get sorted".

Skinner went for the emotive angle to explain why this would be a disaster, probably pitching his comments down to the intelligence of his voters, but it doesn't take much further thought to see that indiscriminately kicking out skilled and even semi skilled working immigrants is a pretty terrible idea.

Newly-elected UKIP MP Mark Reckless has accused party leader Nigel Farage of a policy U-turn over EU migration.

In an interview with the Times, the Rochester and Strood MP says: "The policy changed on Wednesday and I'm a bit sore about how I came out of that."

The former Tory sparked controversy on Tuesday when he implied EU migrants might have to leave the UK after a "transitional period" if Britain left.

Mr Farage denied this, saying those who had entered legally could stay.

'The right thing'

Mr Reckless tells the Times: "Until Nigel changed it on Wednesday, the policy of the party was everyone can stay for the transitional period, no doubt about that, that there would then be a permanent arrangement which would be part of the EU negotiation."

_79168507_79168454.jpgThe Rochester victory was UKIP's second by-election triumph over the Conservatives

He says he had actually disagreed with this policy, saying: "I've always thought we should allow people to stay permanently regardless, because that's the right thing to do by them and it's also the right thing for our party in terms of how we want to look to the country."

Mr Reckless made the controversial comments during a televised hustings on Tuesday evening. Asked what would happen to people from other EU states already in the country in the event of a UK exit from the EU, he suggested they would be looked at "sympathetically" but should only be allowed to remain in the UK for "a fixed period".

Asked later on BBC Radio Kent if he was suggesting they should be deported, he said: "No I was not suggesting that." He said his words had been "twisted" by Conservative critics.

In an interview with the BBC on Wednesday, Mr Farage said Mr Reckless had been referring to the negotiations that would take place during a "transitional period" between a hypothetical vote to leave the EU and the actual moment of withdrawal.

He added: "Anyone who has legally entered the country has a right to remain. We do not believe in retrospective legislation."

Mr Reckless triggered the by-election in his Kent constituency when he defected from the Conservative Party to UKIP earlier this year.

He is due to speak at a conference on "Restoring self-governance to Britain - Britain's future outside the EU" held by the Eurosceptic Bruges Group in central London later, where he will take part in a debate billed as "UKIP vs Conservatives" with Tory MP Mark Pritchard.

Whatever UKIP says boils down to the same thing but said in a different way

That UKIP woman was trying to make excuses. @he' never been asked that question before.' He was confused' He never really meant it.' ' Our policies change all the time and he never knew about the change.'

Archived