Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

I think it's a shame the club have cut off a major channel of communication with their support and perhaps they could have abided Stringer a little longer, especially when you consider that results haven't been good, the support have remained largely very positive and yet there have been incidents where staff have appeared to be very critical of the fans. That said, I think he's a dreadful interviewer (though really not such a bad commentator) and I understand why Pearson would have been fed up of the same old questions, many of which were unnecessarily confrontational and few of which ever gave someone who's an expert the chance to explain his decision-making to people, like us, who aren't.

Sadly national interviewers don't know the side, or the issues which concern fans, well enough to ask interesting questions. Stringer should have known to ask these, but he didn't. My own impression was always that he wasn't very well-prepared for interviews but still wanted to ask testing questions, and now we're just left with a whole host of other very poorly prepared and researched questions by interviewers who never ask testing questions.

Its radio Leicester who have cut off the support by refusing to provide anyone else  to do the interviews.

They would do well to remember they are entirely funded by tax payer contributions.

"Someone on Monday accused Stringer of having stirring or having a vendetta against Pearson and Stringer got quite shirty about it, I forget what was actually said now but he said something along the lines of he has tried to talk to the club to get back talking with them, his bosses at the BBC have spoke to the club trying to get interviews e.t.c, but I have never heard him say or admit that the problem is between the club and him"

Actually that bit isn't true on numerous occasions I've heard stringer say it is only he that the club refuse to talk too.

I don't think there's any doubt it happened because Ian gave his bosses a different explanation about what it meant. His bosses appear to have backed him over the explanation but from what I gather you might struggle to find anyone (players, manager, senior execs) at LCFC who buys it.

I suspect they're making the "we won't be dictated to, as to who does the interviews" point - which is fair enough and is totally their right but it's not really helping them in the short term or, possibly, the longer term. The whole thing is a mess - the Beeb can help themselves (by getting interviews and re-establishing some goodwill) but they choose not to.

Also, I've never heard Ian publicly say "NP will talk to us but not me specifically and it's our choice not to get someone else to ask the questions" - but I don't listen to as much of their output as some of you lot probably do.

He has said on air that it is him and not

the station NP won't talk to.

"Someone on Monday accused Stringer of having stirring or having a vendetta against Pearson and Stringer got quite shirty about it, I forget what was actually said now but he said something along the lines of he has tried to talk to the club to get back talking with them, his bosses at the BBC have spoke to the club trying to get interviews e.t.c, but I have never heard him say or admit that the problem is between the club and him"

Actually that bit isn't true on numerous occasions I've heard stringer say it is only he that the club refuse to talk too.

He has said on air that it is him and not

the station NP won't talk to.

Ok that is fine, I don't listen to RL all that much any more, it's pretty pointless and pathetic as someone else mention above it's just callers, who either havn't been to games or halfwits who don't have alot between the ears.

I only know about what happened Monday because I seen what Stringer had put about him having the 'heated exchange' and listened to it back.

What I will say is Stringer and Bourne seem almost disappointed when we win now a days - As rare as that is.

Guest bss9401

Stringer and NP should just grow up and shake hands. They have in common that they have both blown their big chance in the big league.

I've just listened to that segment from the forum. All a bit awkward.

It would become much, much less of an issue if someone else (at least in the short term) asks the questions - RL get their interview, the fractured relationship starts to heal and the Stringer issue fades into the background.

Worth mentioning again... Owen Bradley and Robin Chipperfield do the post match interviews for Radio Derby and Radio Nottm - they're both presenters rather than commentators. So why not someone else do it?

One thing which I do hope comes out of this is that Ian takes a step back and assesses his own interviewing style which, sadly, doesn't do him many favours.

And that's from someone who's in the same buisness. Who isn't just a fan.

Take note, Ian!!

There's a way to handle Pearson, and asking him bluntly why we're playing negative football isn't the way to go about it.

I've not heard any of Ian's interviews with Nigel recently, but something along the lines of asking him the reasoning behind why we played with 4 centre midfielders and no wingers against WBA is better than accusing him of negative football. That way you might actually get some insight into the tactical reasons behind the formation rather than just pissing him off. We know Nigel isn't always the easiest to get answers from so you have to be tactful in interviews.

And that's from someone who's in the same buisness. Who isn't just a fan.

Take note, Ian!!

Just my opinion of course. Doesn't mean I'm right. If anyone in the business asked for my opinion I'd give it to them honestly. But I've tried offering opinions to younger people in the business before and let's just say it hasn't always been gratefully received. Perhaps they thought I was talking rubbish anyway...

We know Nigel isn't always the easiest to get answers from so you have to be tactful in interviews.

It doesn't matter who you interview in the football world, being tactful is a good thing. It's not Paxman on Newsnight or Dimbleby on Question Time - there are ways and means of getting good answers. Being in your face with managers won't get you far.

Not listened to any interviews recently with Pearson, well we all know why! He's band any contact with Stringer including his players, despite many attempts by Radio Leicester to come to an amicable agreement. Been like this for well over a month now. Yes, I think Stringer does stir it up slightly, I'd do the same if I was him. I love his commentary, especially when we score, not often enough I know, but he cares and is passionate about City, like the rest of us. I know he wants Pearson to be successful with City, but probably feels like many of us, he's not doing a good enough job and that his days, hopefully are numbered.

Whilst Pearson, nor the fan have any moral high ground - the issue is this: You swear, or verbally abuse anybody, in any walk of life - you're going to spark a reaction.

What is probably more, upsetting - if you will. Is the Pearson masterminded our success last season. Not only did he get us out of League One, he has also got us to the Premier League. Remember celebrating on the pitch? Remember the all back at ours party? Remember the trophy parade? How amazing did they feel? All forgotten in what, 14 matches?

The boys aren't playing well, but hurling abuse at the management team who saved us from our lowest point in history - whilst being 3-1 down at home to Liverpool - WHO ARE PLAYING IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, is a little unreasonable.

Most will say "but what about Burnley, Newcastle, Swansea...". Every team will hit poor form. Burnley's was at the start of the season, Newcastle's was at the start of the season - look at Newcastle now.

Have a little patience, it took us 10 years to get here - lets not write them off after 14 games.

Whilst Pearson, nor the fan have any moral high ground - the issue is this: You swear, or verbally abuse anybody, in any walk of life - you're going to spark a reaction.

What is probably more, upsetting - if you will. Is the Pearson masterminded our success last season. Not only did he get us out of League One, he has also got us to the Premier League. Remember celebrating on the pitch? Remember the all back at ours party? Remember the trophy parade? How amazing did they feel? All forgotten in what, 14 matches?

The boys aren't playing well, but hurling abuse at the management team who saved us from our lowest point in history - whilst being 3-1 down at home to Liverpool - WHO ARE PLAYING IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, is a little unreasonable.

Most will say "but what about Burnley, Newcastle, Swansea...". Every team will hit poor form. Burnley's was at the start of the season, Newcastle's was at the start of the season - look at Newcastle now.

Have a little patience, it took us 10 years to get here - lets not write them off after 14 games.

Can we right them off now as it's 25 bloody games

Not listened to any interviews recently with Pearson, well we all know why! He's band any contact with Stringer including his players, despite many attempts by Radio Leicester to come to an amicable agreement. Been like this for well over a month now. 

Pearson hasn't banned the players from talking to Radio Leicester. The players took the decision themselves in December not to talk to RL because of Ian's cut throat gesture about the manager to Nugent. The players wanted to make a point they were right behind the manager. RL are entitled to ask the managers questions post match (just not Ian) but it's they who've rejected that opportunity. And IMHO they're hot helping themselves.

PS There are plenty of places to hear/see/read Pearson's interviews.

Not listened to any interviews recently with Pearson, well we all know why! He's band any contact with Stringer including his players, despite many attempts by Radio Leicester to come to an amicable agreement. Been like this for well over a month now. Yes, I think Stringer does stir it up slightly, I'd do the same if I was him. I love his commentary, especially when we score, not often enough I know, but he cares and is passionate about City, like the rest of us. I know he wants Pearson to be successful with City, but probably feels like many of us, he's not doing a good enough job and that his days, hopefully are numbered.

How do you manage to be this stupid?

Wow, a bunch of grown men getting their little girl knickers in a knot. YEs, you are all a little pissed at each other, things were said and done in the playground but playtime is over, your back in class and its time to start DOING YOUR JOB - both of you.

Stringer - the gesture was stupid and appalling and if you havent already, you should front up to Pearson and apologise, face to face, admit your stupidity and the error of your ways.

Pearson - You have made your point, now be the bigger (wolf kiling) man and start talking. or, allow Stringer in to the interviews and ASK HIM about the gesture! Either way, start talking to the local radio and therefore to me.

Players - you have also made your point, time to move on, you need the support of the fans and we need to hear from you.

BBC Leics - If Stringer has made the gesture, he should be reprimanded and shown that behavior of that type is unacceptable, a suspension might be in order (which might also go some way to demonstrating to the club that action has been taken.) and public acknowledgement of corrective action.

this has been going on for months... GROW THE FVCK UP AND SORT IT OUT!

Archived