Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

I'm not really bothered who gestured at who or who said what to who. However, it is frankly pathetic that the club and the BBC have not got together and sorted it out. For a premier local news broadcaster to not be able to talk to its local football club is pathetic. All sides need to grow up.

The BBC are paid by us to provide a public service broadcast and are failing the public in not doing so.

The club are not doing itself any favours at all with this truculant approach to the main local news broadcaster.

They should get together and sort it out.

I'm not really bothered who gestured at who or who said what to who. However, it is frankly pathetic that the club and the BBC have not got together and sorted it out. For a premier local news broadcaster to not be able to talk to its local football club is pathetic. All sides need to grow up.

The BBC are paid by us to provide a public service broadcast and are failing the public in not doing so.

The club are not doing itself any favours at all with this truculant approach to the main local news broadcaster.

That's right. Just remove stringer from having to interview Pearson and it's sorted.

Has anyone noticed whenever anyone rings up to defend Pearson they are constantly asked condescending questions until the caller is made to sound stupid and belittled?

The callers are also very contrived in the way they are ordered. Have people noticed certain callers who get through are the same people who have been invited in the studio for the forum too?

Stringer is very clever with the way he's presenting at the moment. He's trying everything he can to come across as unbiased and very impartial. But his technique of poorly playing devils advocate to Pearson haters, and then really pressing the supporters is so obvious. I'm sure he believes himself he is very professional because of how arrogant and driven he is, but even as someone who isn't exactly an expert on journalism, I can tell the huge difference in quality between him and someone on Talk sport or radio five. A level of broadcasting I'm sure he believes he should have been on by now.

Bourne on the other hand is far less experienced and just sounds like a little school kid who isn't getting his own way.

I do a journalism degree and the one thing that's put me off it as a profession is the vast majority of absolute *****. These two are prime examples of it

What else is he going to do? He is a legend at the club and also still works for the club. He isn't going to come out and say "this, this and this is wrong". He'll probably say it off air, he will have his own thoughts, but he isn't going to put them out on Radio Leicester.

I did say that.

Has anyone noticed whenever anyone rings up to defend Pearson they are constantly asked condescending questions until the caller is made to sound stupid and belittled?

The callers are also very contrived in the way they are ordered. Have people noticed certain callers who get through are the same people who have been invited in the studio for the forum too?

Stringer is very clever with the way he's presenting at the moment. He's trying everything he can to come across as unbiased and very impartial. But his technique of poorly playing devils advocate to Pearson haters, and then really pressing the supporters is so obvious. I'm sure he believes himself he is very professional because of how arrogant and driven he is, but even as someone who isn't exactly an expert on journalism, I can tell the huge difference in quality between him and someone on Talk sport or radio five. A level of broadcasting I'm sure he believes he should have been on by now.

Bourne on the other hand is far less experienced and just sounds like a little school kid who isn't getting his own way.

I do a journalism degree and the one thing that's put me off it as a profession is the vast majority of absolute *****. These two are prime examples of it

4 to 1. 4 anti Pearson callers to 1 pro Pearson. Every week.

I am pretty sure Sir Alex Ferguson refused to speak to the BBC for years, don't think any united supporters would have said half the crap that is in here about Fergie at that time.

I any believe that in the premier league anyone has to rely on Radio Leicester to hear Pearsons thoughts, they are constantly on all form of media.

Agree with this.

When there is someone at your place of work you don t like, you don t refuse to talk to them, you act professional towards the greater good.

Radio leicester is the main media that supporters of the football club depend on for info. By refusing to talk to stringer the club are not giving the fans what they deserve. It is a poor example set by the manager.

It is easy to say throw someone else in to ask the questions but why should they? Stronger is the football correspondent and who radio Leicester employ to ask the questions.

If Pearson doesn't like a question that stringer asks tell him in his response. He is punishing the fans not stringer. He needs to be smarter then that.

I do agree though that at times with questioning stringer needs to be unbiased.

When there is someone at your place of work you don t like, you don t refuse to talk to them, you act professional towards the greater good.

Pearson doesn't work for RL and Stringer doesn't work for LCFC though.

Radio leicester is the main media that supporters of the football club depend on for info. By refusing to talk to stringer the club are not giving the fans what they deserve. It is a poor example set by the manager.

The main media? What about Mercury, BBC website, East Midlands Today, Sky Sports and their website etc etc. 

Not giving fans what they deserve...? Really?

It is easy to say throw someone else in to ask the questions but why should they? Stronger is the football correspondent and who radio Leicester employ to ask the questions.

Ed Dawes is the DCFC football correspondent at Radio Derby. Programme presenter Owen Bradley does the post match interviews.

Colin Fray is the NFFC football correspondent at Radio Nottm. Programme presenter Robin Chipperfield does the post match interviews.

The players refuse to speak to RL because of Stringer. The manager refuses to speak to Stringer but will speak to someone else at RL. There is a common denominator in all this. RL should bite the bullet, get Bourne to ask the questions in the short term to help repair the fractured relationship rather than moaning about the situation. 

It's also worth pointing out that LCFC don't have a Premier League requirement to speak to RL exclusively pre or post match. But LCFC are allowing RL to speak to the manager. They're choosing not to. They could also ask questions in the post match general media conference. They choose not to.

Pearson ... is punishing the fans not stringer. 

Punishing the fans? Really?

I was feeing sooty for my self and lcfc , a season that was always going to be hard and it's not over yet . I remember starting this thread about stringer and got shot Down a bit .

Looks like stringer has cocked up given enough time , RL don't have communication with the club they are supposed to report on for the public .

Stringer seems to take joy out of this Even telling all , how he loves the club .

I have stopped listening to RL now I cannot bare to hear Stringer , I cannot listen to a match com , he snipes away all game - Can't wait to say we've liost the game. And says Lets have your thoughts on the game egging on the fans to slag Pearson off .

Pearson has made mistakes ,so have the club when signings needed to be made in pre season up front .

We were never going to be strong enough momentum last year made us all feel we were better than we thought .

It's a shame but I can't see us getting enough results / form change completely - to stay up

Up the city -! Please prove me wrong.

Pearson should stay no matter what happens he has changed the whole set up,of the club.

You could argue that that's been the case ever since Stringer got appointed in the first place, so it dates way back, really.

I'd point to the BBC (or Radio Leicester as far as I'm concerned) as having a bit of a problem with their recruiting.

From what I read RL have had complaints from all areas for some time now over their programming  and how they've  dumbed it down it's  getting more like the radio version of Jeremy  Kyle every year.

In their defence they've  been somewhat  forced down this route  as their continued  existence is dependent  on numbers listening and it would appear more of the public prefer the dumbed down approach as we see in other areas of the  media and in fact life in general.

Pearson doesn't work for RL and Stringer doesn't work for LCFC though.

Yes the point being when working it is the professional thing to work with people you sometimes Don t see eye to eye with. Mye employers would tell me to grow up and stop being such a sensitive baby if I didn t see eye to eye with them.

The main media? What about Mercury, BBC website, East Midlands Today, Sky Sports and their website etc etc.

Not giving fans what they deserve...? Really?

Yes- that is the main avenue most listen to a game through and most will hear the post match reaction through them too. Do you think fans who don t attend the games just wait for East Midlands news or keep updating box website? They don't

Ed Dawes is the DCFC football correspondent at Radio Derby. Programme presenter Owen Bradley does the post match interviews.

Colin Fray is the NFFC football correspondent at Radio Nottm. Programme presenter Robin Chipperfield does the post match interviews.

The players refuse to speak to RL because of Stringer. The manager refuses to speak to Stringer but will speak to someone else at RL. There is a common denominator in all this. RL should bite the bullet, get Bourne to ask the questions in the short term to help repair the fractured relationship rather than moaning about the situation.

It's also worth pointing out that LCFC don't have a Premier League requirement to speak to RL exclusively pre or post match. But LCFC are allowing RL to speak to the manager. They're choosing not to. They could also ask questions in the post match general media conference. They choose not to.

So you want them to get a guy whose job it Isn t to ask the questions.? That would make rl look even more stupid. Do you think it is professional to stop talking to the person whose job it is clearly to ask the questions? Just because they don t have to, doesn't t make it right. Rl are the main broadcasters of most games, they should be the main priority of the club

Punishing the fans? Really?

Yes really. The fans want to hear from him after the game. We used to get a live interview now we don t

You're such a bitter man Geoff

Presumably you've forgotten the time MON refused to talk to you?

How am I bitter? And when did MON refuse to talk to me? Please enlighten me, Mr Abrasive.

Yes really. The fans want to hear from him after the game. We used to get a live interview now we don t

Just for info - LCFC have no legal requirement to provide a one on one post match interview to RL in the Premier League.

Just for info - LCFC have no legal requirement to provide a one on one post match interview to RL in the Premier League.

But they did do one. This is no longer happening and that is because of the antics of Stringer. The fans are missing out because of this.

If RL cared about their listeners they'd send someone else to interview Nige which i'm sure he'd be fine with.

So what happens when they ask a question he doesn t like? They could work their way down to the cleaner. Stringer is employed to ask the questions so they should answer them, even if that means saying the question is biased or stupid.

So what happens when they ask a question he doesn t like? They could work their way down to the cleaner. Stringer is employed to ask the questions so they should answer them, even if that means saying the ideation us biased or stupid.

He'll just give them a nothing answer, like managers do every week.

Can't believe any one is missing the post match excuses from Pearson, he came out with exactly the same crap week after week..

So I will do it for him

We were unluckly today must learn to take our chances but I still have faith in my players ....we are training hard and still all working for the same objective

Ps I still like Morgan

So what happens when they ask a question he doesn t like? They could work their way down to the cleaner. Stringer is employed to ask the questions so they should answer them, even if that means saying the question is biased or stupid.

But this is nothing to do with his questions is it. Pearson has put up with them for years, the only times he's stopped speaking to him were about incidents outside of an interview.

From what I read RL have had complaints from all areas for some time now over their programming  and how they've  dumbed it down it's  getting more like the radio version of Jeremy  Kyle every year.

In their defence they've  been somewhat  forced down this route  as their continued  existence is dependent  on numbers listening and it would appear more of the public prefer the dumbed down approach as we see in other areas of the  media and in fact life in general.

Good point. You've only got to listen to the drivel on the weekday breakfast show, Tony and Julie Wadsworth's 30-year-old schtick, and the clichéd daytime output. Stringer has a cheek to describe himself as a journalist among that lot. He's a presenter, like all the others there. If he was even slightly good, he'd be working on Talk Sport alongside their Nigel Pearson (who, ironically, reminds me a lot of Stringer).

The 'Proper' BBC interview him.....

He still talks to sky despite them running a story that he was sacked.....

He hasn't got on with Stringer since day one. Where as one of the guys who regularly interviews him at the BBC is from up north and often interviewed him at Hull.....Pearson clearly has no issues with proper interviewers.

He hasn't got on with Stringer since day one. Where as one of the guys who regularly interviews him at the BBC is from up north and often interviewed him at Hull.....Pearson clearly has no issues with proper interviewers.

If he has a beef with Sky it would be with Rob Dorsett, they ran the story because Dorsett and his source broke it.

It really is as simple as that. Stringer is a **** so Nige made the decision not to speak to him, the players also came to their own decision and the same one. If he was professional with his interviewing technique there'd be no problem. He isn't. End.

Archived