Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

It really is as simple as that. Stringer is a **** so Nige made the decision not to speak to him, the players also came to their own decision and the same one. If he was professional with his interviewing technique there'd be no problem. He isn't. End.

Well said.

How am I bitter? And when did MON refuse to talk to me? Please enlighten me, Mr Abrasive.

Just for info - LCFC have no legal requirement to provide a one on one post match interview to RL in the Premier League.

Why are you so active on this subject? As a professional you should have more class than to question a fellow pros way of doing things in public. You would take your job back at radio Leicester in an instant, and trying to make yourself popular on a fans forum to do it is pathetic. Smacks of what Alan Young is doing, it stinks.

You admitted Mon fell out with you after you wrote the book so I'm not sure why you need enlightening.

Why are you so active on this subject? As a professional you should have more class than to question a fellow pros way of doing things in public. You would take your job back at radio Leicester in an instant, and trying to make yourself popular on a fans forum to do it is pathetic. Smacks of what Alan Young is doing, it stinks.

You admitted Mon fell out with you after you wrote the book so I'm not sure why you need enlightening.

Time for bed, Ian. School in the morning.

Why are you so active on this subject? 

Just trying to provide fans with a bit of insight on the subject. Is that so wrong? And I want the situation resolved because it would help RL.

You would take your job back at radio Leicester in an instant

Why would I give up a presenting and reporting job on national radio, something I thoroughly enjoy, and take a pay cut to return full time to local radio ? Wouldn't mind going back one day but can't see that in the near future.

trying to make yourself popular on a fans forum to do it is pathetic. Smacks of what Alan Young is doing, it stinks.

I've never been popular - and it doesn't really bother me - so why would I worry about what people I don't know really know think about me? If I started worrying about faceless keyboard warriors then I might as well end it all.

Struggling to think why you call yourself 'Abrasive' Fox though...

It's true that he (and the club) weren't happy when I wrote the book about MON - I subsequently learned they were apparently planning to do their own and I inadvertently urinated on their potato fries.

You said that MON refused to talk to me. After the book came out, he never refused an interview with me. Happy to enlighten you on that fact, Mr Abrasive. Have a nice day, sir.

Just trying to provide fans with a bit of insight on the subject. Is that so wrong? And I want the situation resolved because it would help RL.

Why would I give up a presenting and reporting job on national radio, something I thoroughly enjoy, and take a pay cut to return full time to local radio ? Wouldn't mind going back one day but can't see that in the near future.

I've never been popular - and it doesn't really bother me - so why would I worry about what people I don't know really know think about me? If I started worrying about faceless keyboard warriors then I might as well end it all.

It's true that he (and the club) weren't happy when I wrote the book about MON - I subsequently learned they were apparently planning to do their own and I inadvertently urinated on their potato fries.

You said that MON refused to talk to me. After the book came out, he never refused an interview with me. Happy to enlighten you on that fact, Mr Abrasive. Have a nice day, sir.

Ignore him Geoff, 99% of us enjoy your posts.

RL's coverage of lcfc is like a motorway service's fuel station. You only use it as a last resort.

To make them more competitive they need to add something that the other media outlets can't... They have failed at this miserably now communication with the club is in melt down. The whole affair needs an investigation as this is our licence fee.

Mr peters talks like he runs talk sport when in fact all he seems to do are the odd updates on matches like Rotherham v Birmingham,Learn to control your dislike for Ian its really not called for

I have no personal dislike for Ian, not sure where you get that from.

Scrolling back through your previous 12 posts, I appear to have missed this...

Think Sringer does a great job asking questions the fans want to know.ould be worse we could have Geoff Kojak Peters back

Please learn to control your dislike for me, it's really not called for  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

Mr peters talks like he runs talk sport when in fact all he seems to do are the odd updates on matches like Rotherham v Birmingham,Learn to control your dislike for Ian its really not called for

And you are related to Ian Stringer how exactly?

RL are missing out on one of their best assets in my opinion. I would tune in if they had a decent interview with Pearson. In theory they should be able to do the best interviews because they have in depth knowledge of our squad, whilst national journalists wouldn't in the same way.

Stringer never did good interviews even before the rift. I don't know why a commentator needs to do the interviews. Stringer is a decent commentator for the most part, although it was better with Alan Young. Somebody like Elliot or Young could do the interviews surely?

Thanks for the insight, it's good to get a view of someone who actually works in the media 

I love how Pearson gets moaned at for his interview 'style' and being dull and monotone, yet people are eager to hear from him through Stringer's interviews? He gets interviewed by everyone else, just catch one of their interviews instead. If your only access to the club is through Radio Leicester, when we have no end of media outlets these days, it's a sorry stste of affairs. Given the way the Beeb's cutting back and people's viewing and listening options and habits are changing, I'd be surprised if RL and local radio in general survives much longer anyway.

I have no personal dislike for Ian, not sure where you get that from.

Scrolling back through your previous 12 posts, I appear to have missed this...

Please learn to control your dislike for me, it's really not called for  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

I also wonder why you post on here so much....when you get so muck flack for doing so!

People should appreciate getting an insight into things from the media perspective and from someone who has done Ian Stringer's job until he moved on to better things - why on earth would he want to return to RL when he's now working on national radio?!!!

Must admit half the reason I come on to this site is to marvel at how stupid some fans can be!  :scarf:  :scarf: 

RL are missing out on one of their best assets in my opinion. I would tune in if they had a decent interview with Pearson. In theory they should be able to do the best interviews because they have in depth knowledge of our squad, whilst national journalists wouldn't in the same way.

Stringer never did good interviews even before the rift. I don't know why a commentator needs to do the interviews. Stringer is a decent commentator for the most part, although it was better with Alan Young. Somebody like Elliot or Young could do the interviews surely?

I think you would find if Young or Elliot did it they would really struggle - a totally different skill to making a few comments during a match. It has to be Stringer as Bourne continues to present after the match has finished whilst Stringer is then free.

It really is as simple as that. Stringer is a **** so Nige made the decision not to speak to him, the players also came to their own decision and the same one. If he was professional with his interviewing technique there'd be no problem. He isn't. End.

...or alternatively Pearson could just accept that sometimes there are people who aren t as perfect as him, be tolerant and do a key part of his job which is answer a few questions.

...or alternatively Pearson could just accept that sometimes there are people who aren t as perfect as him, be tolerant and do a key part of his job which is answer a few questions.

He does answer them - if a journalist is professional then Nigel opens up to them - look what Henry Winter gets out of him. What he doesn't do is talk to those who try to smear him and attack his character - you can't do that as an interviewer: this isn't the general election and he's not paxman - if you want a good interview and a good working relationship you've got to be professional - ask the tricky questions, but be respectful, don't act like a small child not getting his own way.

I also wonder why you post on here so much....when you get so muck flack for doing so!

Must admit half the reason I come on to this site is to marvel at how stupid some fans can be! :scarf: :scarf:

You must lead a very exciting and fulfilling life...

He does answer them - if a journalist is professional then Nigel opens up to them - look what Henry Winter gets out of him. What he doesn't do is talk to those who try to smear him and attack his character - you can't do that as an interviewer: this isn't the general election and he's not paxman - if you want a good interview and a good working relationship you've got to be professional - ask the tricky questions, but be respectful, don't act like a small child not getting his own way.

Stringer may not be professional but I don t get why Pearson is excused. Someone in his position should be smart enough to deal with a two bit journalist. Instead he chooses to ignore him which in my opinion is to the detriment of the fans.

True - but only with certain rights holders. RL is not one of them.

the owners have been supportive of the reasons why the manager (and let's not forget the players, who made their decision themselves) have taken their current course of action

Hi Geoff, (not referring directly to the post above, just for quoting needs)

Does it concern you at all that the Club are dictating who they will be interviewed by, as a journalist, doesnt this offend you?

If a club refused to speak to you, would you expect Talk sport (or whoever employs you) to back you up?

He speaks to absolutely everyone except 1 man. I don't see why some people seem to have such a problem with this. It's been said probably 50+ times on this thread, so this will probably be as pointless as the other times but If you feel short changed go on one of the plethora of other outlets he does communicate with. If you can't be arsed to do that that's your own problem, not Nigel Pearsons. Why is nobody using this as a stick to beat the players with? They won't speak to him either.

Does it concern you at all that the Club are dictating who they will be interviewed by, as a journalist, doesnt this offend you? If a club refused to speak to you, would you expect Talk sport (or whoever employs you) to back you up?

It's never ideal when a club dictates who can do interviews but in this instance there are clearly a variety of exceptional circumstances. The club's media dept haven't made the decision in this case - it was first the players who made the call and then the manager followed suit.

There was a reporter on a major station (not me, by the way) last season who 'fell out' with a club and the station sent someone else to cover games, do interviews etc.

It generally takes the dropping of a major bolllock or several major bolllocks or a series of events over a longer period of time for a club to ban someone or an organisation.

I sometimes have to ask difficult questions but I try and do them in a fair way. I'm not Paxman or Dimbleby - that's not how run of the mill football reporters operate.

Building up a healthy working relationship with managers, players and media departments is very much a key part of our job. It doesn't mean sucking up to them or buying everything they tell you - not every battle is worth fighting; you have to choose your battles carefully, just as with most things in life.

The current situation with LCFC has been bubbling up over a long period of time. It wasn't unexpected to me when it happened. But I hope it gets sorted because a fractured relationship between club and local radio station isn't healthy.

It's never ideal when a club dictates who can do interviews but in this instance there are clearly a variety of exceptional circumstances. The club's media dept haven't made the decision in this case - it was first the players who made the call and then the manager followed suit.

There was a reporter on a major station (not me, by the way) last season who 'fell out' with a club and the station sent someone else to cover games, do interviews etc.

It generally takes the dropping of a major bolllock or several major bolllocks or a series of events over a longer period of time for a club to ban someone or an organisation.

I sometimes have to ask difficult questions but I try and do them in a fair way. I'm not Paxman or Dimbleby - that's not how run of the mill football reporters operate.

Building up a healthy working relationship with managers, players and media departments is very much a key part of our job. It doesn't mean sucking up to them or buying everything they tell you - not every battle is worth fighting; you have to choose your battles carefully, just as with most things in life.

The current situation with LCFC has been bubbling up over a long period of time. It wasn't unexpected to me when it happened. But I hope it gets sorted because a fractured relationship between club and local radio station isn't healthy.

:thumbup:

Archived