Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

I posted the original question , at the time I got Slated for the view I had on stringer - strange how people's views changed .

I know stringer has to ask questions , but there is way of getting the answers you want ( when you are trying to get a job on radio 5

Just caught a bit of the pre-match Villa press conference.

Stringer asked NP if he's going to change his touchline manner after Tuesday. NP's response was "people in glass houses...."  lol 

Pearson absolutely loathes Stringer and it makes all interviews incredibly awkward to listen to. Surely working for local radio means you need to build a relationship with the local team's manager, but Stringer has been a p***k for long enough now, Pearson has just had enough and I can't blame him. 

Yeah but in that scenario the onus is on the interviewer to adapt.  An interviewer should just be the tool that allows the interviewee to give his views. Pearson just seems to have to comment on Stringer's opinions. It should be the other way around.

Pearson is the man we want to hear from, not Stringer. But Stringer constantly lets his own ego get in the way by turning interviews into some sort of equal rivalry between the two of them. In reality, it doesn't matter who asks the questions, but it does matter that we get to hear Pearson's views on the games.

Stinger just wastes our time by trying to goad Pearson into inappropriate responses. I mean, the question "Will you speak to the owners between now and Sunday?" What is Pearson supposed to say to that? It's a belligerent, smug question which really achieves nothing other than to suggest that Stringer is expecting that Pearson is likely to get sacked before Sunday. I've no problem with Stringer asking something like "Do you feel that your position is under threat at the moment?" because that just gives Pearson the chance to comment without Stringer subtlely implying his own view. No-one cares what Stringer thinks.

The trouble is, because of Stringer's idiotic questions, we actually don't get to know how secure Pearson feels about his position.

His questions to Matty James are even worse: "What went wrong tonight?" Why has the Man United game Killed you?"  Stringer knows if he'd asked them of Pearson he'd probably have a broken nose to add to his current woes! :D

Of course Peason's worried about his position. He's human, and knows how fickle the football business can be. He doesn't need the local radio station bringing it up. Its disrespectful.

Agree with the rest of your post.

Just caught a bit of the pre-match Villa press conference.

Stringer asked NP if he's going to change his touchline manner after Tuesday. NP's response was "people in glass houses...."  lol

Pearson absolutely loathes Stringer and it makes all interviews incredibly awkward to listen to. Surely working for local radio means you need to build a relationship with the local team's manager, but Stringer has been a p***k for long enough now, Pearson has just had enough and I can't blame him. 

This.

I get the impression that ian 'the abandoner" stringer is, or feels like, he's indispensable at radio leicester. I remember youngy mentioning something about the listening figures going up. what BBC need to realise is that it has nothing to do with string (and defo not young) and more to do with our ascent under nigel meaning more people are interested.

I went to one of those Alan Young book flogging talks a while back and he spoke about how he was always desperate to do the post-match interviews with Pearson but the people in charge never let him....

Praps they we're hoping Stringer would hang himself.

Can we a whip round for a rope?

Unfortunately I have been blocked on Twitter by Stringer after calling his line of interviewing 'an absolute disgrace' on Tuesday night. I'm sure if I had told him he was doing a great job he would have probably retweeted it and thanked me. Self Centred Arse Candle. The man is happy to dish out criticism but can't take any, embarrassment.

Somebody who isn't blocked, tweet him a link to this thread and ask him to pick the bones out of this one ...

Or just ask him if he wants to do another Foxes Talk Q+A, I'm sure that would be quite interesting right now.

I went to one of those Alan Young book flogging talks a while back and he spoke about how he was always desperate to do the post-match interviews with Pearson but the people in charge never let him....

Thank fvck for that.

'So Nigel (slur slur), when Jock was in charge me and Gary Lineker banged em in oche aye (slur, slur). What do you think of that Neil? I mean Nigel.'

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! In terms of content, what a bankrupt programme the moan in has become. 48 minutes of old match commentary of Stringer shouting when we score, 8 minutes of plod from Matt Elliott, 2 minutes of news and 2 minutes of some duff they've persuaded to call in.

Stringer puts the show together and your surprised its become the Ian Stringer show?

Wow! In terms of content, what a bankrupt programme the moan in has become. 48 minutes of old match commentary of Stringer shouting when we score, 8 minutes of plod from Matt Elliott, 2 minutes of news and 2 minutes of some duff they've persuaded to call in.

Show barely talked about Hull the game or the upcoming game against Liverpool. It's called the phone in but they only had a couple calls in tonight. Yes I'm going to mention Al Young at least when he was on we could have a laugh, tonight was painfully boring between Bourne and Elliot.

• 1 month later...

Have we been too quick to judge Stringer?

I am just listening to the football forum from the 15th and Stringer dealing with caller questions etc...

Although I think he is a idiot on a personal level, professionally is he just doing his job?

Pearson's refusal to talk to him adds to the evidence suggesting that Pearson is out of control (i.e. agree with me or f*** off!).

We do not live in communist China or Putin's Russia where any form of opposition or dissent is suppressed through fear and threats etc.

Pearson should have more professionalism about him as ambassador and leader of the club.

Stringer is a c*** but in terms of his questions to Pearson, I think that he is in the right.

Pearson's refusal to deal with Stringer is another kick in the face to us fans!

(thanks Mods for moving this discussion to the appropriate place :)

Have we been too quick to judge Stringer?

I am just listening to the football forum from the 15th and Stringer dealing with caller questions etc...

Although I think he is a idiot on a personal level, professionally is he just doing his job?

Pearson's refusal to talk to him adds to the evidence suggesting that Pearson is out of control (i.e. agree with me or f*** off!).

We do not live in communist China or Putin's Russia where any form of opposition or dissent is suppressed through fear and threats etc.

Pearson should have more professionalism about him as ambassador and leader of the club.

Stringer is a c*** but in terms of his questions to Pearson, I think that he is in the right.

Pearson's refusal to deal with Stringer is another kick in the face to us fans!

(thanks Mods for moving this discussion to the appropriate place :)

From what we've been told though is Pearson hasn't refused to talk to the BBC though, it's not a complete ban of the BBC or Radio Leicester for that matter, Pearson will talk to someone from Radio Leicester, just not Stringer, The BBC havn't provided anyone else from RL so they get no interview, apparently bosses at the BBC have pleaded with the club to let Stringer interview but they have refused.

It also says alot that the club owners were invited to speak with Stringer but they also refused - The may have refused because they don't want tough questions about what went on the other Sunday and it's easier to refuse an interview or they may genuinly not want to speak to Stringer.

It's not about simply not liking Stringer, it's not simple about being 'unprofessional', again from what we've been told it's to do with the gesture made by Stringer to one/a few of the players - Who also are refusing to speak to Stringer - RL are having to use other media outlets interviews to broadcast.

It's all abit tit-for-tat but the 'unprofessionalism' started and stands with Stringer.

Archived