Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

The BBC aren't being dictated too, they can send any other reporter in the organisation to interview Mr Pearson and he'll be happy to oblige.

I wouldn't entertain someone who made cut throat gestures to my staff about my job and certainly not some weasel like Stringer.

He's not done a Ferguson and refused to speak to the channel full stop.

That may be the case with other media outlets using different commentators/reporters, and whether Stringer is who should be doing the interviews (or even commentating for that matter) is certainly a topic for discussion. But I support the BBC in not allowing the club to dictate to them.

From what i understand of this situation, Pearson has a right to be very very annoyed with Stringer, but, what if the Pearson, or the next manager, just doesn't like the next interviewer, should he be able to tell the BBC who to send (or who not to send)?

Both sides are behaving like children, but i side with the BBC to not be dictated to (as long as Stringer is man enough to apologise, and Pearson is man enough to accept)

Yes. The manager has no obligation to be interviewed by anyone. 

Yes. The manager has no obligation to be interviewed by anyone. 

Actually, premier league managers are compelled to do post match interviews, but apart from that i cant imagine our owners would be supportive of a manager that does not interact with the local media outlets

Actually, premier league managers are compelled to do post match interviews

True - but only with certain rights holders. RL is not one of them.

i cant imagine our owners would be supportive of a manager that does not interact with the local media outlets

the owners have been supportive of the reasons why the manager (and let's not forget the players, who made their decision themselves) have taken their current course of action

Playing devil's advocate:

Firstly i have never been on this forum (since 2006 ish) where the radio leicester commentary team has been liked. .. EVER! I think this either tells you about the level of local commentators or about our moaning fans!

Secondly, whether Stringer did the 'offensive' gesture or not. Pearson had always seemed a bit off with Stringer. Always obnoxious and belittling especially on his return to the club. So i can understand if Stringer has a little grudge against him.

Problem with Pearson if you question him he doesn't like it. Even pundits over here think he is a cvnt now. All think he is now a distraction for the club and becoming an embarrassment. The focus is off the players and now it is all about him. People are now just waiting to see who he will throttle, have a go at MOTD and tell some supporter to fvck off and die next. At our local pub he is an ongoing joke.

Problem with Pearson if you question him he doesn't like it. Even pundits over here think he is a cvnt now. All think he is now a distraction for the club and becoming an embarrassment. The focus is off the players and now it is all about him. People are now just waiting to see who he will throttle, have a go at MOTD and tell some supporter to fvck off and die next. At our local pub he is an ongoing joke.

If he's taking the focus off the players then surely he's doing a good job? Relieving pressure is a management tool and he's doing that, and the players appreciate it. I couldn't give a shit what pundits or pub locals think of him, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't either.

Not keen on stringer but pearson needs to grow up Quite simply he's a man who has become far too big for his boots and thinks he can do whatever he wants how he's not been sacked permantly is beyond me bottom of the league let alone hovering around the bottom 3 and he's still here , incredible !

If we were mid table, would anybody be having a go at Pearson for not speaking to stringer? I don't think so.

No but when we are doing ok it's a position that is easier to take. When we are not there is more if an onus to communicate with the fans, to explain the difficulties and solutions and to be accountable.

Actually, premier league managers are compelled to do post match interviews, but apart from that i cant imagine our owners would be supportive of a manager that does not interact with the local media outlets

By anyone I meant he can refuse to speak to certain people if he wishes. 

No but when we are doing ok it's a position that is easier to take. When we are not there is more if an onus to communicate with the fans, to explain the difficulties and solutions and to be accountable.

And that is the problem with Stringer. He's not interested in difficulties and solutions because they are excuses, he's only interested in the accountability bit, hence the finger across the throat sign. 

I loved Matt Elliott as a player, but pundit, no! He just sits on the fence far too much. Sometimes when you're frustrated, you just want someone to say the obvious truth, and he doesn't do that, probably because of his ongoing involvement at the club.

What else is he going to do? He is a legend at the club and also still works for the club. He isn't going to come out and say "this, this and this is wrong". He'll probably say it off air, he will have his own thoughts, but he isn't going to put them out on Radio Leicester. 

If we were mid table, would anybody be having a go at Pearson for not speaking to stringer? I don't think so.

I would!

It  wont matter by the start of next season anyway, because Pearson will be gone, and i expect that any new manager will instruct the players to stop acting like spoilt kids, and do the interviews again.

Players just using it as an excuse to not face the media after their appalling efforts of late

I dunno, i've just been on Newsnow and alot of the headlines are;

King: Thirtheen Massive Game

We are right being Nigel Pearson, says Rihad Mahrez.

Kramaric vows to start making his goals count.

Mahrez - We're still confident.

Upson - We can't fear Everton.

Upson appeals for fans to stick with then.

So they're still spouting their shit, I don't wanna hear it, I want them to do the talking on the pitch. That said 3 of those articles are from 2 players that are doing ok, Mahrez and Kramaric so I can't be too hard on those two imparticular but even so, shut up, I don't wanna hear it do the talking on the pitch, that messages goes out inparticular to the underperforming players i.e - The majority of the team. The unfortunate thing is, they can't help it if the ability isn't there.

Do get the feeling Stringer is desperate to stir up trouble on Nigel Pearson , due to the form at the moment , not sure any true Leicester fabn thought we were going to fInd it easy in the Premier .

On the show on Monday last week , he was desperately trying to stir up the situation following another loss ?

Remember he is  an employee of the BBC who has to tell you when things are bad and when things are good! He is not paid to be a LCFC Cheer leader. He is reporting things that have happend. Leave the guy alone.

If he's taking the focus off the players then surely he's doing a good job? Relieving pressure is a management tool and he's doing that, and the players appreciate it. I couldn't give a shit what pundits or pub locals think of him, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't either.

Im not so sure he is doing a good job to be honest.

He's fallen out with Saint Gary as well what do they both have in common? They're both die hard city supporters, oh and Sir Gary is honorary vice president, the disloyal xxxxxxx perhaps he should f off and die.

Yeah, it's got nothing to do with them being city fans - he had a spat with Linekar over the whole sacked-not-sacked scandal, and really MOTD shouldn't have been passing it on without confirming it, and his spat with Stringer is because Stringer is being a pointless shitweasel, determined to cause upheaval for the sake of a headline. Frankly I admire Pearsons patience with Stringer - if it was me I'd have just twatted the little scrot by now.

Players just using it as an excuse to not face the media after their appalling efforts of late

They are allowed to talk to BBC Radio Leicester, as long as it's not Stringer reporting. I take your point, mind.

Yes, IMO the clubs fans deserve to hear from our manager on a regular basis and local radio is one of the best media for that. Its irrelevant if he likes the guy or not, he should be professional, appreciate stringer has a job to do and try to answer the questions in an honest and respectful way knowing its for the supporters rather than stringer/BBC.

Not with the BBC they are not, so totally irrelevant point.

Archived