Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Sunderland post match thread

Whoever it is, it's an unsavourable expression. It just adds a great deal of moodiness to your already (unsolicited and unjustified) moody points. Just saying, maybe people will give liking to your points more if you had a more cheery picture on.

Regards

lol

Whoever it is..tells me all I need to know. Don't worry mate, I don't mind if people find my picture 'grumpy'.

Sorry but we should feel nothing but a sense of disappointment. Yes a draw was probably a  fair result but yet again we really failed to break done a side which was really not very good.

If we can't beat sides of that quality we are going down. Simple.

Our goals scoring options are frighteningly poor.

Neither full back is likely to score.

None of our centre halves ever look like scoring from set pieces.

Cambiasso isn't a goal scorer

James, unfortunately the best two chances we had fell to a midfielder who hasn't looked like a goal scorer ever since he's been with us.

Schlupp likes to think he's a striker but usually balloons the shot over or into the side netting. How he couldn't hit the target from 6 yards out on the angle in the first half says it all really.

Mahrez might be ok but seldom got into a goal scroing position today.

Vardy simply isn't good enough I'm afraid to say. It isn't enough at this level to run about a lot and put yourself about. I'm not doubting his workrate just his quality.

Ulloa we know can score but mainly headers and he's not in the right position most of the time and he's not getting the service.

Our back up strikers today were Nugent, who is half a second to slow  in his football brain for this level and Wood who just doesn't look good enough or mobile enough.

I'm not having the love in for cambiasso, yes he has won countless titles and played at the highest level his whole career, yes he waves his arms around conducting everyone but his passing isn't anywhere near as good as a lot of you make out he gives the ball away more than most, he's poor in the air and his aimless headers back to the opposition constantly is unreal, his legs have gone, sitting watching him leave his man to run off him then jog back as they're attacking is the most frustrating thing I've ever seen.... I thought Hammond was slow but ec takes the biscuit the only saving grace today was the fact that Sunderland had no pace in the middle either

this...

I genuinely think a lot of you despise RDL because he's not as good-looking as dear Kasper and James. 

He wasn't as bad as you lot are slating him. I thought Konchesky didn't offer much more than RDL but he receives no flak. James and our forwards lacked composure with their finishing and they are mostly receiving praises. 

RDL dominated Wickham today and it was a vast improvement on his previous performances - he wasn't good going forward but was Konchesky? Quit the bitching because the double standards are atrocious here. 

Nobody dominated wickham, he was the class act in this game, and thank our lucky stars for kasper, make no mistake but for him we would have

lost this game, cant believe the b----x  on here.

Thought it was entertaining for a 0-0, we looked more balanced with the wide players and as a result had more intent. We created enough chances to win and couldn't take them. Should've had a penalty too.

At least we've stopped the losing run and kept a clean sheet, but the lack of goals continues and the winless run carries on. Temporarily we are out of the bottom three so that's looking a bit better.

Mahrez was good all round, James got forward well, Schmeichel made some crucial saves and Wasyl was organised yet again.

Shame. Thought Pearson was spot on in post match interview with Stringer. More positives than negatives from today's game.

Good XI, well set up, and created a number of chances, without ever looking wholly convincing.

On the minus side, the lack of a premiership left back is hurting us, as is the lack of both quality and variety in the final third. Personally I'm happy to see Ulloa, Vardy & Mahrez start, but thought it telling that each substitution today made us poorer. We need a Troy Deeney, a Lloyd Dyer as an impact sub, an in-form Nick Powell, and Matt Upson (hopefully with the legs for this level).

What we don't need is: Wes & Was having time on the ball (because they're guaranteed to waste it); Schlupp going missing for huge chunks of games; Nugent (at all, unless we're hoping to use him for next years promotion campaign); Wood (at all); Knocky (I'd be amazed if he makes the grade at this level); Albrighton (why??); Hammond (thanks though for showing us you could play); but mostly, we don't need fans getting on the players backs.

Nige and/or others boobed in the summer in thinking that 9 championship players plus Magic & Leo would be good enough for this level. We need another 2-3 quality players, which will be hard to achieve in January, especially if we're in the bottom three then. There's still hope and Nige is the best if not only person for the job.

Nobody dominated wickham, he was the class act in this game, and thank our lucky stars for kasper, make no mistake but for him we would have

lost this game, cant believe the b----x  on here.

Really? Kasper made one excellent save. Wickham was wasted out wide. We missed at least 4 really good chances.

*insert negative doom and gloom comment here.*.

Some of you lot are madly pessimistic. Life must be really shit for you guys. You see negatives and miss all positives. Strange.

Better performance, clean sheet, made good chances and found a formation that allows us to show some flair. Upwards from here.

*insert negative doom and gloom comment here.*.

Some of you lot are madly pessimistic. Life must be really shit for you guys. You see negatives and miss all positives. Strange.

Better performance, clean sheet, made good chances and found a formation that allows us to show some flair. Upwards from here.

Over 500 minutes without a goal, and people questioning are 'pessimistic'.

Christ! How bad does it have to get?

Question. Did you think you saw improvement today?

Absolutely..however, we still haven't scored for weeks and weeks. People have right to question on that basis.

Or do you want any debate nullified on the basis that we got a point, at home, and had what? Three shots at goal?

What's the abuse for RDL and Konch all about? Wickham of course is going to dominate in the air being 5 inches taller and stronger but he never looked like scoring. De Laet delt with him pretty well except for the bemusing foul in the second half.

Konch was solid as today. Adam Johnson was completely nullified and konch but a few delightful crosses in too.

I thought overall we played well today, looked very organised except a mad 10 minutes in the first half. Have to take our chances though, particularly James' in the second half was bad. Created enough to win and they rarely threatened. Just disappointed not to get the 3 points but if we play like that we will get more points than 3 other sides in this league.

Absolutely..however, we still haven't scored for weeks and weeks. People have right to question on that basis.

Or do you want any debate nullified on the basis that we got a point, at home, and had what? Three shots at goal?

No I don't want to nullify debate at all. It's what I come on here for!

People are exactly right to question after such a long goalless period. It's an extremely poor return. Today, however, was a step back in the right direction, despite still not scoring. You are quick to point out limited chances on goal. I'm not sure what people expect, or what to expect myself, of how many chances we should create during a game for it to be acceptable. It's a weird one. In the Premier League do we expect to continually carve out chances like we did last year? I think last year was a case of creating enough that our strikers just had to score one or two of them. I've never seen any of them as clinical. This year our chances will be much more limited.

Today we certainly created enough to win. I can name four or five really good clearcut chances, one or two of which we must put away. Schlupp - high into the side netting, Mahrez - chose to go for near post and brought a save out of the keeper, James - two very good chances, both which the keeper saved pretty comfortably. Of these four chances James has to score one and Mahrez or Schlupp have to do better. That's two goals, which is likely to give us all 3 points in enough games this season. We just have to be more clinical. 

I'm not as worried as I was, say, a week or two weeks ago. We have gone from creating nothing to some very good chances to win the game. Progress. Now we just need to find the damn back of the net. I thought there was real improvement today and if that continues then I will be a bit happier with our situation. Today was a missed opportunity though, let's not hide away from that. Sunderland were there for the taking and as a home game against a relegation rival we do have to score and we do have to make the most of such an opportunity to win.

Shame vardy wasn't cute enough to go down early on when brown screwed up. He caught him and he was last man trying to rescue his mistake.

We seemed happy to drop deep , 2 banks of 4 once they had the ball. Against a better team, we will struggle with 2 in the middle and two up top. 4-4-2. We need to drop a forward into the space between the lines or play king or DD between the midfield and ulloa. Either vardy or ulloa were a waste today. No link up play between them. May as well had one up top. Let's be honest - sland weren't very good.

Archived