Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Sunderland post match thread

So you missed the great saves that Kasper had to make then?

He made 2 - one from that 1v1, and 1 from a long range shot from Johnson. Now, I mentioned the 1v1 and that they were mostly resorting to long range shots. So where exactly did I miss those saves? Perhaps that you seem incapable of reading posts shows why you fail to see half the game - still, good news: specsavers should have christmas deals in soon.

Ended the losing run grabbing a point & a clean sheet

All round better performance from us against a side with a good bit of PL knowhow (barring a freak horror show like their Saints defeat) , Sunderland are no mugs

Schlupp & James should have scored & we easily should have had a penno as there was contact its just Mahrez went down far to easily... If those 3 instances were different wed all be sucking each other off. As it stands though a good platform to build on & finally a clean sheet for Schmeichel

Two points lost, at home to a  mediocre team like Sunderland, is nothing short of being a disgrace. Our heads are on the block, and the axe is in the air.

Our inability to score goals is frightening, and we seem to have no idea, as to how to rectify this problem. The team as a whole appears to be totally disjointed, with possession of the ball wasted. 

It will be interesting as to what Pearson has to say about it, and he must be a very troubled man, at this moment in time. The morale of the team, and management must be pretty low behind the scenes, and this in itself must be a problem.

It would seem that there is no quick fix to this state of affairs, and having to rely on the January transfer window, will be like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

What riles me the most, is that with money to spend, Pearson brought in too many average players. THAT, was a massive, and possibly, self destructive thing to do.

Can someone who thinks Moore should return for Wasilewski please explain why? And can they do so without using the words or phrases, "young", "Leicester Lad", "England/English", "one for the future", "one of our own".

We have just kept our first clean sheet in a very long time. In the last home game we never looked like conceding (hence it took a fluke goal to go against us) and yet you want the centre half pairing changed.

We had conceded most shots on our goal in the whole Prem under Morgan/Moore. Despite good individual performances from Moore, Big Waz has helped turn that around!

Maybe but did we expect anything else when we were promoted.

If you notice all 3 promoted teams are at the bottom.

This league is stacked against promoted teams.

Realistically we are doing as well as expected.

This was indeed always going to be the case, and as I said, above, was seriously reduced by poor recruitment.

Where are all those optimists would talked about us being mid table quality?

Two points lost, at home to a  mediocre team like Sunderland, is nothing short of being a disgrace. Our heads are on the block, and the axe is in the air.

Our inability to score goals is frightening, and we seem to have no idea, as to how to rectify this problem. The team as a whole appears to be totally disjointed, with possession of the ball wasted. 

It will be interesting as to what Pearson has to say about it, and he must be a very troubled man, at this moment in time. The morale of the team, and management must be pretty low behind the scenes, and this in itself must be a problem.

It would seem that there is no quick fix to this state of affairs, and having to rely on the January transfer window, will be like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

What riles me the most, is that with money to spend, Pearson brought in too many average players. THAT, was a massive, and possibly, self destructive thing to do.

Pearson bought in a striker responsible for half our goals so far, a CM that's looked fine and a backup keeper who's played once and kept a clean-sheet. I don't think the players he signed are a problem - perhaps the lack of strengthening, but in fairness we looked comfortable last season, like we were easily ready for this level, so keeping faith in those players was perfectly reasonable.

Some positives, our midfield worked very hard, some class moments from riyad,

they are lacking that composure when we reach the oppositions box, everyone

is desperate to break the goal drought and shooting wildly or rushing needlessly

into mistakes.

good game to watch, i really admire connor wickham, thats how a front man should play.

This season was never going to be easy, we are doing alright, just need to get points at home and try to nick something away. Promoted sides generally struggle because every team is in this league as they are better than the sides we were playing last season. I think it is obvious we need to bring in some real PL quality in Jan... just splash a little bit

0-0  :(

Painfully predictable.

Slight improvement I thought yet still not really good enough. Not angry with today, just saw it coming a mile off.

Vardy had his worst game for us since 2012/13. Subs were totally ineffective once again. Defensively we weren't bad. Schlupp/Mahrez a definite improvement on the diamond, Schlupp has no end product, Mahrez was decent.

It amazed me during the summer when it was totally obvious to many he needed a top top finisher and fans on here were saying don't panic !!! Well 3 months in and guess what we can't score goals , he has misjudged what you need in the Barclays premier league and he might not like it but it's his side and his recruitment , the writings on the wall Nigel !!

It amazed me during the summer when it was totally obvious to many he needed a top top finisher and fans on here were saying don't panic !!! Well 3 months in and guess what we can't score goals , he has misjudged what you need in the Barclays premier league and he might not like it but it's his side and his recruitment , the writings on the wall Nigel !!

Ulloa has 5 in 12, who could we have attracted who would have done better for £8,000,000 or less?

Of course the positives today were a clean sheet and yet again for me, the partnership of Morgan & Wasilewski. Last two home games against West Brom & today against Sunderland, they have been our two best players in my opinion. I thought the Cambiasso & James partnership thankfully worked, couple of mistakes from Cambiasso but his passing at times was sublime, James ran his socks off and when on the ball always looked to bring it forward. 

However we just don't look like scoring, it was a better performance, but yet again in the final third our movement & decision making was plain average. Ulloa isn't going to score if he keeps moving out to the wing to get the ball, Vardy ran his socks off but chances for him have been limited. Goes to show how much we are struggling, when Matty James has our two best chances, and he is a midfielder who at times can't shoot for toffee. Our striker options are very worrying, if Ulloa & Vardy don't perform then you have to call on Nugent or Wood, who are to be honest have looked useless this season. 

Thought the ref didn't help matters though, he was a complete bellend. 

But all in all, slightly better & I will praise Morgan & Wasyl again, I thought they were brilliant today  :)

Improvement.

Better line-up, set up and WINGERS!!!! :worship:

Alot more positive, shame we couldn't score, that has to be a concern as we had the chances to score and should have won the game really, but we're out of the bottom three and hopefully Liverpool do us a favour tomorrow.

The only negative, Nugent came on, he has to go in January.

Archived