Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Sunderland post match thread

What a load of bollocks. Make an appointment for yourself with a psychiatrist. but keep taking the tablets until then.

More shite comes out of your mouth, than must come out of your arse. 

Have you anger issues tonight buddy? Tell us all where the animosity is coming from? 

4 4 ****ing 2.

I thought it was a bit more like it today. finally kept a 2nd clean sheet. we had width. shame we didn't get the ball to jeff more after that early run.

thought matty james was excellent and very positive, but dare I say it wish it had been kingy in on goal twice.

thought the front 2 did ok. but maybe we need one of them to stand and goal hang. when we did get ball wide and into the box it was vardy or leo who had fed it wide.

but I saw more positives with 4 4 ****ing 2 than the last 4 or 5 weeks had offered.

3 points at qpr next up please.

We're grasping at straws really, presumably relieved at not losing although we're back again in the bottom three and showing no real signs of scoring this side of Christmas. 

Yes, it was better. We had much more balance having proper width and this at least resulted in a few takeable chances. But there's no escaping the reality that Sunderland could easily have won but for Kaspar's interventions and we've added another 90 minutes without a goal or a victory against an ordinary side at home.

If this is Pearson adapting to the different challenge provided by the scrappers then it's poor reward for what is presumably a lot of time, thought and effort...and it's never going to keep us up.

Yes, I accept that the game could have gone "either way" but, yet again, it didn't go our way not by force of pressure, not by individual brilliance and not by tactical guile. 

I'm starting to wonder what Pearson's actually contributing. I don't mean that insultingly because I don't doubt for an instance that he's trying to find answers. I just don't see that he's inspiring them.

Managerial life is easy when you're winning, scoring goals and putting passes together like the the ball is magnetically inclined towards your team's shirts.

But it's when things aren't happening that a manager's most needed and when he shines or struggles. And this is developing into the second long run when we've driven ourselves into a foggy cul-de-sac and found ourselves so disorientated we don't know which way to turn.

Pearson actually sounded quite happy after the game - and to an extent I understand that, the extent being the 50% or so which represented a more fluid, more balanced performance, the creation of a few chances and the collective keeping of a rare clean sheet. 

But why would anyone be really happy with another "nil"? Another barren group of set pieces? Another day of missing the magic that results in a goal or two?

Clean sheets are only so important to us because we don't get many and it's a first step towards improvement. The actual idea of football is to win games and that means you have to score, and if you want to score you need to have the resources to score, the imagination to score, the confidence to score, the cunning to score and the commitment to score.

I reckon we're about 80% short of what's consistently necessary in that direction and I wouldn't give us more than 3/10 for any of those vital factors, either yesterday or throughout our disappointing run, yet all of them are down to the manager really.

And I don't mean just in terms of personnel either. I mean in terms of preparation, instruction and inspiration. Some managers are just brilliant psychologically but I don't any signs of it in the current crisis or the longer one we had in The Championship. 

What we gained yesterday was a point, a clean sheet and a system that offered more promise than the stutteringly apologetic efforts which have followed the Manchester United win.              

What we didn't achieve was the lift in spirit and confidence that a win would have given us or the joy that a goal or two would have given our fans.

And whatever the opposition, failing to score for so long means something is very wrong. In fact it's more than something, it's a lot of things yet there's no signs of any sustained menace and no signs that the staff who should be providing the answers are actually coming up with any. 

Not from penalties, not from free kicks and not from open play.

Scoring is not just about organisation it's about belief, devil and imagination. It's about putting as many potential goalscorers in your team as possible while retaining an all-round competence.

It's about pressure and supporting in numbers, shooting and following up, asking questions of defenders and referees, about offering movement when you think the cause is hopeless and about having complete commitment to the challenge of scoring.

And that comes from the kind of philosophy which is uncompromising passionate.

Remember the way we marauded forward in the United game. We sensed a kill and were driven on by our own momentum.

We've never been like that since.

We're grasping at straws really, presumably relieved at not losing although we're back again in the bottom three and showing no real signs of scoring this side of Christmas.

Yes, it was better. We had much more balance having proper width and this at least resulted in a few takeable chances. But there's no escaping the reality that Sunderland could easily have won but for Kaspar's interventions and we've added another 90 minutes without a goal or a victory against an ordinary side at home.

If this is Pearson adapting to the different challenge provided by the scrappers then it's poor reward for what is presumably a lot of time, thought and effort...and it's never going to keep us up.

Yes, I accept that the game could have gone "either way" but, yet again, it didn't go our way not by force of pressure, not by individual brilliance and not by tactical guile.

I'm starting to wonder what Pearson's actually contributing. I don't mean that insultingly because I don't doubt for an instance that he's trying to find answers. I just don't see that he's inspiring them.

Managerial life is easy when you're winning, scoring goals and putting passes together like the the ball is magnetically inclined towards your team's shirts.

But it's when things aren't happening that a manager's most needed and when he shines or struggles. And this is developing into the second long run when we've driven ourselves into a foggy cul-de-sac and found ourselves so disorientated we don't know which way to turn.

Pearson actually sounded quite happy after the game - and to an extent I understand that, the extent being the 50% or so which represented a more fluid, more balanced performance, the creation of a few chances and the collective keeping of a rare clean sheet.

But why would anyone be really happy with another "nil"? Another barren group of set pieces? Another day of missing the magic that results in a goal or two?

Clean sheets are only so important to us because we don't get many and it's a first step towards improvement. The actual idea of football is to win games and that means you have to score, and if you want to score you need to have the resources to score, the imagination to score, the confidence to score, the cunning to score and the commitment to score.

I reckon we're about 80% short of what's consistently necessary in that direction and I wouldn't give us more than 3/10 for any of those vital factors, either yesterday or throughout our disappointing run, yet all of them are down to the manager really.

And I don't mean just in terms of personnel either. I mean in terms of preparation, instruction and inspiration. Some managers are just brilliant psychologically but I don't any signs of it in the current crisis or the longer one we had in The Championship.

What we gained yesterday was a point, a clean sheet and a system that offered more promise than the stutteringly apologetic efforts which have followed the Manchester United win.

What we didn't achieve was the lift in spirit and confidence that a win would have given us or the joy that a goal or two would have given our fans.

And whatever the opposition, failing to score for so long means something is very wrong. In fact it's more than something, it's a lot of things yet there's no signs of any sustained menace and no signs that the staff who should be providing the answers are actually coming up with any.

Scoring is not just about organisation it's about belief, devil and imagination. It's about putting as many potential goalscorers in your team as possible while retaining an all-round competence.

It's about pressure and supporting in numbers, shooting and following up, asking questions of defenders and referees, about offering movement when you think the cause is hopeless and about having complete commitment to the challenge of scoring.

Remember the way we marauded forward in the United game. We sensed a kill and were driven on by our own momentum.

Yep..another beauty.. Excellently written and pretty much bang on. Worth reading..

Some of your posts are biblical, and this is another to add to an already long list. Possibly the best comment all season, and one which I whole heartedly agree with.

James was our best by a distance, and the fact he and cambiasso held the midfield pretty well should see them start on a smaller pitch next week. Schlupp should start, but as someone said Ulloa needs delivery, he got nothing yesterday, and it always seems very one dimensional, i.e try and put Vardy in behind/ stick on Ulloa's head for a flick on, and we need to work on being able to look dangerous doing various different approaches

There were quite a few times where Mahrez played a fantastic ball in and Ulloa chose to just stand there rather than make the run, and other than that he often drifts way to far back to be useful up there

If you read that in an Al Pacino - Any Given Sunday tone, its the most motivational speech I've heard in a while!

Just saw the Cattermole challenge again, absolutely diabolical. I'm glad Col isn't our head of recruitment, as Cattermole is potential the worst midfielder in the Premier League that I have seen.

Nonsense.. lol

I tell you what Cattermole did do all game..he never shut up. He was instructing his team-mates throughout the whole game, biting in, opening his gob. A player we could certainly have done with if we get in a dogfight at the bottom. Which is looking likely.

Nonsense.. lol

I tell you what Cattermole did do all game..he never shut up. He was instructing his team-mates throughout the whole game, biting in, opening his gob. A player we could certainly have done with if we get in a dogfight at the bottom. Which is looking likely.

What we could do with is a reliable leader in that situation, not a hot-headed walking red-card. He's a talentless thug, like Karl Henry

What we could do with is a reliable leader in that situation, not a hot-headed walking red-card. He's a talentless thug, like Karl Henry

I think when Col is in his Lee Cattermole Mode and envisages a dirty tackler as a potential LCFC signing, that's his definition of "fighting spirit".

Imagine having to "fight" with ten against eleven on a regular basis... And then hearing Col bang on about how "composed" we were with a man less on the pitch.

Nonsense.. lol

Cambiasso talks all the time, instructs the players and takes responsibility.

I think when Col is in his Lee Cattermole Mode and envisages a dirty tackler as a potential LCFC signing, that's his definition of "fighting spirit".

Imagine having to "fight" with ten against eleven on a regular basis... And then hearing Col bang on about how "composed" we were with a man less on the pitch.

How often has he been sent off this season? Genuine question and I dont know?

And I think he was pretty much ever present in a Sunderland side towards the back end of last season that did the miraculous escape act?

Just because a player isn't ours, doesn't mean he might not do a job for us. Were you saying the same thing about Savage before he joined City. Most probably I suspect.

How often has he been sent off this season? Genuine question and I dont know?

And I think he was pretty much ever present in a Sunderland side towards the back end of last season that did the miraculous escape act?

Just because a player isn't ours, doesn't mean he might not do a job for us. Were you saying the same thing about Savage before he joined City. Most probably I suspect.

That wasn't my point - he is a dirty player and a ticking time bomb, an accident waiting to happen at any given moment.

41 bookings and six sending offs in five PL seasons with Sunderland is unacceptable.

Or can you see Cattermole ever featuring as a BBC pundit?

Right.

That wasn't my point - he is a dirty player and a ticking time bomb, an accident waiting to happen at any given moment.

41 bookings and six sending offs in five PL seasons with Sunderland is unacceptable.

Or can you see Cattermole ever featuring as a BBC pundit?

Right.

No, I dont really get your point. Won't be the last time no doubt.

No, I dont really get your point. Won't be the last time no doubt.

His point is that a player that misses 3-5 games every season through suspension is not one you can rely on. And unsurprisingly you don't get that, because as your regular championing on JET shows, you don't understand football.

His point is that a player that misses 3-5 games every season through suspension is not one you can rely on. And unsurprisingly you don't get that, because as your regular championing on JET shows, you don't understand football.

lol..says the bloke who thinks King is a striker! Or some such guff!

You going to games or watching on some dodgy stream????

Archived