Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Sunderland post match thread

I'm not sure what people expect of Cambiasso? I though he and James worked well together, on two occasions can I say that he played poor passes, other than that I thought that he kept recycling the ball well, and actually offered to be an option from throws which we never usually have, his passing is sensible and he rarely puts us under pressure from dwelling on the ball for too long and then playing suicide balls, not like De laet who can't pass, and hasn't got the mental capacity to understand the game.

Did MOTD show the Riyad penalty incident?

Yeah. I still think it should have been a penalty. Motty seemed to think it was just a 'tangle'. For me, Vergini (?) makes contact and prevents Riyad from doing anything with the ball.

Thought it was a pen at the time, but having seen it on MOTD, I don`t think it was, and even if it had been given as a foul, the initial contact seemed to be just outside the box.

Could very easily have been given though, it was a tough call for the ref, but to fair i think he actually got it right.

Marginally improved performance yesterday. He played the tactics many wanted and personell was spot on imo. The problem for me is our decision making in the final third. For example when Mahrez slipped in Schlupp in the first half, he could've squared it for 2 different players to tap in but instead shot tamely. Riyad could've done the same in second half but shot into the side netting.

Small margins but when you don't get many chances in this league these are season defining moments. Pleased to see us keep a clean sheet, Kasper was very good. Wes and Was seems like a decent partnership.

Konchesky has to be replaced in January imo

Matty James MOTM

can anyone honestly say that DD wouldn't or couldn't have played something equally as sublime? I also think DD offers more going forward and also more mobility. Would like to see him and James together again. Have we actually played that pairing this season?

I dont think he would. Drinkwater has been worse than Hammond this season IMO.

Yeah. I still think it should have been a penalty. Motty seemed to think it was just a 'tangle'. For me, Vergini (?) makes contact and prevents Riyad from doing anything with the ball.

To me, it looks like Vergini runs into the back of Mahrez and causes the tangle. It's clumsy defending and a definite foul. However, whether it was inside or outside the box I'm not too sure.

To me, it looks like Vergini runs into the back of Mahrez and causes the tangle. It's clumsy defending and a definite foul. However, whether it was inside or outside the box I'm not too sure.

Anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul.

This is part of the problem with the double punishment of red card and penalty - it makes a big decision an absolutely game changing decision and referees will always be cautious in those situations.

Anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul.

This is part of the problem with the double punishment of red card and penalty - it makes a big decision an absolutely game changing decision and referees will always be cautious in those situations.

Cautious is definitely the right word. The ref was probably mindful of the repercussions of giving the foul. It's just disappointing because that penalty probably would have won us the game.

I've not seen a replay of the peno incident, at the time I thought it was one.

Whether it was or wasn't the thing that really wound me up was something alot less than that incident was given as a freekick in Sunderlands favour right outside our box what seemed about 30 seconds later.

Wheres the consistency.

I've not seen a replay of the peno incident, at the time I thought it was one.

Whether it was or wasn't the thing that really wound me up was something alot less than that incident was given as a freekick in Sunderlands favour right outside our box what seemed about 30 seconds later.

Wheres the consistency.

That was for De Laet pulling Wickham's shirt.

I agree, he was poor today, looked like a luxury player today, other then1 great pass mahrez, he was disappointing

A pass that was so precise and so instinctive, it was worth him being on the pitch just for that. No other player on the pitch, let lone in the Leicester squad could have seen the pass and executed with such aplomb.

Cambiasso is a game changer and a winner. A pass like that could cut open any defence and put us in a position to score. Remove it and we go back to chapionship style football.

He gace the ball away a fair bit, yes but he also started most of our chances.

Yep. Didn't think it was a penalty at the time and still don't think it is now.

If I was a Sunderland fan and that had been given Id have been very disappointed.

Yesterday was ok. We should have won with the chances we had. Better point for Subderland than for us.

Really need to win one from villa or qpr and grab a point against Liverpool.

Teams need a number of routes to goal: early crosses, feed vardy on the break, pull ball back from bye line, set pieces etc. Yesterday we saw James running through from midfield and shooting twice (a bit like scholes when he first got in to the utd team) - it is a type of goal we have not scored before (...king not confident to shoot). Mahrez had a great game - and even Knocky looked more reliable when he came on. I believe this squad and this type of formation will come good. We know Schlupp can ghost passed player on the left and cut in - he needs more games to get more confident. We should look to cross early and find Ulloa between the centre backs.

Only reservation was we have little on the bench to mix it up - Nugent was poor and I just don't think wood is a premiership player (his first touch is good - his second makes it a 50:50 ball!); surely Powel would be worth the last 20 minutes... Nugent has served Pearson well but Nigel mustn't let that influence decisions.

James was our best by a distance, and the fact he and cambiasso held the midfield pretty well should see them start on a smaller pitch next week. Schlupp should start, but as someone said Ulloa needs delivery, he got nothing yesterday, and it always seems very one dimensional, i.e try and put Vardy in behind/ stick on Ulloa's head for a flick on, and we need to work on being able to look dangerous doing various different approaches

Over 500 minutes without a goal, and people questioning are 'pessimistic'.

Christ! How bad does it have to get?

I was simply pointing out that on a game to game basis people are so negative it hurts. Yesterday was a much better performance and we should recognise those good points as I highlighted in my post. What annoys me is the refusal to accept anything positive from a game like that by some.

I also can't stand the Pearson out brigade. We are in transistion, we were always going to find this league difficult with the squad we have, we just need to show a Little more patience and accept that it's going to be a tough year. A year when grinding out as many points as possible is going to be the norm. Any point is a point towards safety.

Questions of performances are fair enough and healthy, debating/ pointing out what we didn't do well is also important, but that shouldn't lead to posts that have literally no positives in it.

If any of you left the ground moaning before full-time, don't come again. Pathetic. Leave it for after the game on your keyboards. 

You're clowns. Give your season ticket away. Sell off your new kits on Amazon. Ta-da.

What a load of bollocks. Make an appointment for yourself with a psychiatrist. but keep taking the tablets until then.

Archived