Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
skmanuk

What planet is Pearson on?

Thought we looked threatening for most of the game today and should've won.

We did seem less able to pass through midfield, but...

we only played two central midfielders.  Surely it is inevitable we wouldn't be able to control the midfield, we gave that up for creativity out wide.  Isn't this what people wanted?

I also think that is our strongest 11.  :unsure:

That wont keep us up at the end of the season though!

The OP is spot on here I totally agree. Pearson does not feel we are good enough to pass our way to victories and trying to play the percentages - not working, son. We got promoted by playing a certain way with a team worth more than the sum of their parts, let's go back to it please.......

He's on a planet where reporters line up for 20 minutes after a game, then all ask him the same dull-as-ditchwater questions and wonder why they don't get a decent answer.

No manager will be openly critical of individuals with Jim Randomhack, they keep it in house. In public he'll say "We did okay" or "Needed better luck" in private he'll say "Leo, that header was fckuing awful, sort it out" and "Nuge, that was sh!te, you may as well have stayed on the bench, d!ckhead"

The questions are banal and get the answers they deserve. I don't know why people read so much into them.

He's on a planet where reporters line up for 20 minutes after a game, then all ask him the same dull-as-ditchwater questions and wonder why they don't get a decent answer.

No manager will be openly critical of individuals with Jim Randomhack, they keep it in house. In public he'll say "We did okay" or "Needed better luck" in private he'll say "Leo, that header was fckuing awful, sort it out" and "Nuge, that was sh!te, you may as well have stayed on the bench, d!ckhead"

The questions are banal and get the answers they deserve. I don't know why people read so much into them.

This.

Pearson never goes overboard, whatever the result. I don't think that's a bad thing.

"play from the back".

"Sharp incisive passing like last year".

Who are you kidding? Last season we played exactly the same way, we were just playing against weaker opposition.

The majority of our goals last season came from nuge/vardy hassling defenders, or through counter attacking with pace. I cannot recall a 'possession' goal from last season.

Rewriting history to suit your point

Last season teams couldn't live with us because we had overwhelming possession in the final 3rd

Mahrez cutting in, RDL on overlap, Drinkwater & James near edge of box. For eg. Drinkwater had most passes in opposition half in the while division

It's not possible for us to play that way against far superior opposition

It's also not possible to replicate the O'Neil era of getting Hesky to fall over & win free kicks so we can lump it in to Elliot/Walsh/Taggart

-------

As for what planet Pearson is on... I'd say realistic one, fvck knows what planet half our fans are on though

Rewriting history to suit your point

Last season teams couldn't live with us because we had overwhelming possession in the final 3rd

Mahrez cutting in, RDL on overlap, Drinkwater & James near edge of box. For eg. Drinkwater had most passes in opposition half in the while division

It's not possible for us to play that way against far superior opposition

It's also not possible to replicate the O'Neil era of getting Hesky to fall over & win free kicks so we can lump it in to Elliot/Walsh/Taggart

-------

As for what planet Pearson is on... I'd say realistic one, fvck knows what planet half our fans are on though

Pretty much agree with you here. Easy to play that way against Barnsley and Huddesfield, completely different at this level. Can't expect to play 2 centre midfielders and be able to play easily through the thirds like we did last year. Either sacrafice width (criticised for) sacrifice a striker (criticised for) or sacrifice a centre midfielder (criticised for)

I think his assessment was more than fair, we were the better side today and created at least 4 good goal scoring chances which we should have taken. He can't be blamed for the players missing the chances.

It's become fairly clear that the people who don't like Pearson are going to use every argument they can to criticise him, even if it contradicts their argument of the week before. These are the people who were noticeably quiet and absent in the last 12 months.

The difference for me is that the players seem worried to lose the ball. I'm sure it happens at every level, but last year we had the quality and ability to win it back and make a mistake without it costing too much. This season it's different, the opposition are cleverer and quicker thinking and move the ball around much more freely.

I think the players want to try things, try to be skilful and outwit the opponents, but it appears when we lose it the other side have lots of space to move into and the players get concerned about being caught out. There was a moment yesterday when we had the ball fairly deep in the Sunderland half, lost it, ball played wide to Johnson, quick ball into Fletcher and we could've conceded. It didn't happen last season, we could afford to take risks as most times we were comfortably the better team.

Kasper punted goal kicks forward last season as well, see the QPR away goal. 

Can you really imagine Morgan and Was playing '"sharp incisive passing" between themselves and Kasper to get our attacks rolling? Which planet are you on Sir?

I take it the original poster missed the Swansea game where we were constantly caught out trying to be clever.

Wes twice had to attempt across goal passes yesterday; one was a peach, the other set Sunderland off on a counter. No harm getting rid when the quality is not there.

Was at the match today, listened to him on BBC Leicester after and just listened to his interview on Sky.

I don't doubt the players effort and desire to win but tactics are down to the manager.

I saw one quick distribution by Kasper, every other one was a hoof up field. It is league one tactics. Second half, cleared from their penalty area to the half way line, picked up by Konch, no one within 30 yards and hoofed back into the penalty area.

We will not do well in this league by hoofing the ball upfield. This is the managers fault!

We did not do this last year.

Pearson needs to get a grip, play from the back, sharp incisive passing like last year.

When we get a goal kick, the whole team is walking upfield without a glance back. This is really poor!

Change is needed.

Change is needed, but Pearson must get it right, before he runs out of time.

"play from the back".

"Sharp incisive passing like last year".

Who are you kidding? Last season we played exactly the same way, we were just playing against weaker opposition.

The majority of our goals last season came from nuge/vardy hassling defenders, or through counter attacking with pace. I cannot recall a 'possession' goal from last season.

Precisely.

Vardy's goal at QPR last season came from a long goal kick if I recall?

Pretty much agree with you here. Easy to play that way against Barnsley and Huddesfield, completely different at this level. Can't expect to play 2 centre midfielders and be able to play easily through the thirds like we did last year. Either sacrafice width (criticised for) sacrifice a striker (criticised for) or sacrifice a centre midfielder (criticised for)

I think his assessment was more than fair, we were the better side today and created at least 4 good goal scoring chances which we should have taken. He can't be blamed for the players missing the chances.

It's become fairly clear that the people who don't like Pearson are going to use every argument they can to criticise him, even if it contradicts their argument of the week before. These are the people who were noticeably quiet and absent in the last 12 months.

Solution - We play with an extra man, reckon we would see it out until about Xmas before the media/opposition/referees realised. Worth a shot.

Archived