Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
MC Prussian

QPR away post-match thread

Recommended Posts

Posted

Yeah I thought that was a great chance as well! In on the keeper: side netting!!!

 

I am actually surprised he hasn't received more stick today. All-round game was good, finishing was abysmal.

 

He was unlucky with the header but he has to show more composure in front of goal, he probably had more chances today than he's had the rest of the season combined.

Posted

He was unlucky with the header but he has to show more composure in front of goal, he probably had more chances today than he's had the rest of the season combined.

 

It's a vicious cycle really though. Struggle for goals, start to lose confidence, start to panic more and snatch at chances, struggle for goals, lose more confidence (rinse and repeat).

 

He just needs to find the back of the net and hopefully his confidence will grow.

 

Personally think we are stuffed if we have to rely on Wood or Nugent should Vardy continue to be unable to finish.

Posted

It's a vicious cycle really though. Struggle for goals, start to lose confidence, start to panic more and snatch at chances, struggle for goals, lose more confidence (rinse and repeat).

 

He just needs to find the back of the net and hopefully his confidence will grow.

 

Personally think we are stuffed if we have to rely on Wood or Nugent should Vardy continue to be unable to finish.

 

Unfortunately today was like a Championship game and now we've seen over a 1/3 of a Premier League season I think we know Vardy isn't going to get 3/4 chances a game.

 

We desperately need another quality striker in the January window. The question is who?

Posted

Unfortunately today was like a Championship game and now we've seen over a 1/3 of a Premier League season I think we know Vardy isn't going to get 3/4 chances a game.

 

We desperately need another quality striker in the January window. The question is who?

 

Even more so, the questions are who will want to come? Who can we afford? Who is available?

Posted

Unfortunately today was like a Championship game and now we've seen over a 1/3 of a Premier League season I think we know Vardy isn't going to get 3/4 chances a game.

 

We desperately need another quality striker in the January window. The question is who?

 

Someone from the championship for silly money, think thats as far as our scouting network goes.

Posted

Best game for the city this season, going forward.

Another poor collective defensive display, too many attacking moves allowed to go the distance.Morgan too hectic again when on the ball, frustrating because he has been our best player IMO.

Vardy gets into good scoring positions to finish off, but too nervous and hectic.In the last 3-4 games, if Ings or Austin had been in Vardys position, I believe they would have scored.

RDL. Morgan, and Konch are not descisive enough, and find it hard to clear their lines far too often.

Our midfield, whoever takes the shirts have had good moments, but cant give us 70 minutes, let alone 90+ minutes.

No matter who Pearson selects, the players still have to do/have the basics, on any given matchday, notice ALL other managers and players, play different formations in the PL, including players sometimes not in their preferred positions, or to try different set ups, but they are flexable.City front 6 players are not solid or compact enough, and have difficulties in doing and then staying to the basics.If they were in the championship this season they would struggle.

Forget what Pearson says in interviews, they mean nothing...IMO he should stay ....unless we really lose all games before JANUARY

His errors, maybe after last season overrating his squads potential/quality.

Whats the fans problems,mostly underrating the teams who are or have been our bottom 6-8 rivals.

and overrating our players. If you have goalscorers like Burnley, QPR, Crystal Palace, you can guarrantee points at least at home, then sneak a couple from home.

I would still like to see knocky play along side Ulloa, keeping Ulloa central., and only running that channel.

Posted

Offensively we were very sharp in the first 25 minutes. Vardy and Mahrez missed golden opportunities.

 

Then it all went to shit.

 

We are so, so poor at defending crosses and set pieces. Every corner QPR had, they looked likely to score.

 

After it went to 1-1, then all the way to the end of the game, we were back to our dogshit selves again. No ideas going forward and just aimless balls lumped up front.

 

I agree with this. I felt that if we had scored a second, which we had the chances to do, then it would have been a very different game. We looked sharp and on it for the first 20 minutes or so and then lost confidence. We dropped deeper and deeper and invited them on to us. All three goals were scrambles. All three goals could have been avoided. I thought that schlupp looked good and up for it today, as was Vardy, but as the game got more nervous and we sat deeper and deeper their opportunities diminished and we became a different side. 

Posted

I agree with this. I felt that if we had scored a second, which we had the chances to do, then it would have been a very different game. We looked sharp and on it for the first 20 minutes or so and then lost confidence. We dropped deeper and deeper and invited them on to us. All three goals were scrambles. All three goals could have been avoided. I thought that schlupp looked good and up for it today, as was Vardy, but as the game got more nervous and we sat deeper and deeper their opportunities diminished and we became a different side. 

 

I appreciate the sillyness of this comment - only just got in from the pub after being at the game - but you do know what I mean!

Posted

Rubbish..no, many teams aren't 'amazing'..who said they were?

But they are better than the top lot in the Championship, by a long way.

 

No-one's ever claimed it isn't a step up, though I don't think the league is particularly strong. This year it's as bad as I ever remember it. Being bottom of this is an embarrassment.

Posted

Vardy's miss was awful. No composure, lashed at it with the whole goal to aim at.

 

The contrast to his goal against Man Utd is unreal. He could've tapped it in. He just blasted it as hard as possible. Awful.

 

 

I'm starting to think this as well.

 

No problems with the team he picked. We played pretty well, ended up in a scrap and found ourselves on the wrong end of a result. This seems to be happening every game now. No matter how we play, we lose. It's not a great sign. I'm willing to see how this month goes but should we be in a similar position come the end of December then it will take a miracle for us to stay up.

 

The only thing my optimism is clutching at is the fact we will be playing all these teams at home the next half of the season that I genuinely think we can beat - QPR, VIlla, Palace, Newcastle, Hull. That sort of thought process, however, is a little desperate right now. It could well be too late in the second half of the season. We need points now. I don't care how we get them.

 

One positive is that at least I was entertained watching the game today. The result was poor but I really enjoyed the game. Better than the shite served up at Swansea, Newcastle, Palace and at home to West Brom. 

 

I said after the West Brom & Southampton games that I'd only start seriously worrying when we played our attacking football and still came up short. We tried it against Sunderland and couldn't score. We tried it against QPR (who we came 22 points ahead of last year) and were beaten because of poor defending.

 

I'm genuinely worried now. My solution would be to give him some funds in January. It's just hard to pinpoint where exactly to strengthen. Full backs and a forward would be my priority, probably.

 

I cannot see our next win being anything other than a shit 1-0er. Just a rubbish, dour game settled by one well taken chance. It'll be along those lines. We aren't confident enough to kill teams off. For all of QPR's shots, we actually seemed to create the better chances yet just wouldn't take them. A decent side would've put five past QPR today and a decent side would've put five past us too.

 

I agree it was entertaining. I'd have loved that as a neutral.

 

I think it's down to a combination of things, confidence and loss of momentum being the main ones, but serious questions have to be asked about our recruitment. We've brought in players who don't seem to fit (Ulloa, Cambiasso) and players who get the odd sub appearance despite poor performances of their competitors (Albrighton, Simpson, Powell). It's not what we spent that bothers me. It seems like we really made a mess of it this summer. We've spent about ten million, brought in a big name in Cambiasso on top of that, and have gone backwards as a team.

 

I think it may be time to bite the bullet, spend some money in January on players who'll make us effective in a 4-3-3 kind of system. I think 4-3-3 is better than 4-4-2 but I don't believe we have the players to effectively play the former.

Posted

Lose Tuesday night it will be goodbye to Pearson, however win Tuesday night it will only paste over the cracks and give him another three to four game however this will be too late???

Posted

Said it all along but De Laet isn't good enough. First goal (Morgan's own goal), ok the ball shouldn't come as far as the defence but De Laet doesn't even bother to make a challenge, he's easily beaten for the second goal and the winner bounces off him into the path of Austin. At the game, I did think that was unlucky but having watched MOTD he has time to totally clear the ball.

Posted

Lose Tuesday night it will be goodbye to Pearson, however win Tuesday night it will only paste over the cracks and give him another three to four game however this will be too late???

Where have I heard that before? Not so long ago, with the same name involved.

Posted

Mahrez coming off for Albrighton while also bringing Ulloa off and leaving Schlupp on the pitch was unbelievable. Schlupp scored a fluke goal but that wasthe only thing he did all match that wwasn't league two standard. Between him and Konch we're absolutely atrocious on the left and I'm amazed that Pearson doesn't see it. Wasyl needs to go too, Liam Moore is twice the player.

Should have won, once again strange decisions from the manager ensure that we didn't.

this in terms of Schlupp - I cannot believe how bad he is. A fluke goal that should not mask his terrible all round performance. Kasper needs to shoulder some of the blame - he WILL NOT come for any crosses and that heaps pressure on the back four. De Laet needs replacing on the basis of their first goal alone as he could not be bothered to stick a leg out to stop a cross. Mahrez has ability but his wastefulness borders on criminality.
Posted

On another note which hasn't been drawn out after the game at all, probably because it's a minor detail in an incident packed game which leaves us bottom of the league.

There was a clash of heads with about 10 minutes to go when we had good possession in the QPR half. The referee restarted and gave the ball to QPR to pass back.

Not only did Fer kick it out for a throw in rather than back to Schmeichel, which I thought was pretty low (although he has previous in such situations) but Austin then went to block the throw being taken back to Schmeichel.

Would people be happy with our players doing that? Because I sure as hell wouldn't be, and my QPR supporting friends were pretty embarrassed by it.

Posted

On another note which hasn't been drawn out after the game at all, probably because it's a minor detail in an incident packed game which leaves us bottom of the league.

There was a clash of heads with about 10 minutes to go when we had good possession in the QPR half. The referee restarted and gave the ball to QPR to pass back.

Not only did Fer kick it out for a throw in rather than back to Schmeichel, which I thought was pretty low (although he has previous in such situations) but Austin then went to block the throw being taken back to Schmeichel.

Would people be happy with our players doing that? Because I sure as hell wouldn't be, and my QPR supporting friends were pretty embarrassed by it.

 

That was extremely frustrating. There's been a few times this season where we've started to build good momentum in the oppositions half only for an opposition to go down for at least a couple of minutes and then by the time we restart, it seems very flat and we inevitably just lose possession.

 

Have to say there seemed to be a QPR player down every 5-10 minutes yesterday too. It was ridiculous. Charlie Austin was a massive c*** in that instance you're referring to though.

Posted

Fine margins and poor defending, mind you thought Cambiasso being taken clean out with the header being cleared at 2-2 was as clear a foul as you could see and would be given anywhere else on the pitch.

Posted

I agree with this. I felt that if we had scored a second, which we had the chances to do, then it would have been a very different game. We looked sharp and on it for the first 20 minutes or so and then lost confidence. We dropped deeper and deeper and invited them on to us. All three goals were scrambles. All three goals could have been avoided. I thought that schlupp looked good and up for it today, as was Vardy, but as the game got more nervous and we sat deeper and deeper their opportunities diminished and we became a different side.

Come on mate Schlupp - good! He was absolutely diabolical - the fact that he scored should not cloud the issue. The fact that he continues to get game time when he is SO technically incompetent speaks volumes in terms of the alternatives. Our recruitment over the Summer is proving to be our downfall imo.
Posted

 

The contrast to his goal against Man Utd is unreal. He could've tapped it in. He just blasted it as hard as possible. Awful.

 

 

 

I said after the West Brom & Southampton games that I'd only start seriously worrying when we played our attacking football and still came up short. We tried it against Sunderland and couldn't score. We tried it against QPR (who we came 22 points ahead of last year) and were beaten because of poor defending.

 

I'm genuinely worried now. My solution would be to give him some funds in January. It's just hard to pinpoint where exactly to strengthen. Full backs and a forward would be my priority, probably.

 

I cannot see our next win being anything other than a shit 1-0er. Just a rubbish, dour game settled by one well taken chance. It'll be along those lines. We aren't confident enough to kill teams off. For all of QPR's shots, we actually seemed to create the better chances yet just wouldn't take them. A decent side would've put five past QPR today and a decent side would've put five past us too.

 

I agree it was entertaining. I'd have loved that as a neutral.

 

I think it's down to a combination of things, confidence and loss of momentum being the main ones, but serious questions have to be asked about our recruitment. We've brought in players who don't seem to fit (Ulloa, Cambiasso) and players who get the odd sub appearance despite poor performances of their competitors (Albrighton, Simpson, Powell). It's not what we spent that bothers me. It seems like we really made a mess of it this summer. We've spent about ten million, brought in a big name in Cambiasso on top of that, and have gone backwards as a team.

 

I think it may be time to bite the bullet, spend some money in January on players who'll make us effective in a 4-3-3 kind of system. I think 4-3-3 is better than 4-4-2 but I don't believe we have the players to effectively play the former.

 

 

January seems to be the only solution. It could be too late by then though...

 

Plus, we're not exactly an attractive proposition are we?

 

As I said in another thread somewhere, I think Nige will definitely get a striker in January. He was bidding for them left, right and centre in the summer so I'm sure he would have wanted more than he's got, especially since he emphasised the need for goals all the way through the summer. We are going to have to shell out serious money even for an average striker though, which is the main problem. Some rumours of us offering a contract to Defoe. That would be perfect but he will probably end up saving 'Arry's backside at QPR. Added to a striker I'd definitely get a LB as Konch is terrible. I'd want an RB but surely Simpson has to get a go now?! I'd also want another winger because at the moment it seems either Mahrez or diamond. That said, we may see Albrighton on Tuesday night instead of him, sadly. 

 

If we don't get some more quality in we will really struggle. It's already a struggle but one or two players, e.g. someone who can put some of our chances away and full backs that are actually decent at this level, and we will see a massive improvement in results. Unfortunately, it's always the manager that gets the blame but I think some of our players are just not up to it and it is hurting us big time. You can blame the manager for poor recruitment etc... but you've got to be mindful about what restrictions/problems there were behind the scenes. There's always another side to the story.

Posted

On another note which hasn't been drawn out after the game at all, probably because it's a minor detail in an incident packed game which leaves us bottom of the league.

There was a clash of heads with about 10 minutes to go when we had good possession in the QPR half. The referee restarted and gave the ball to QPR to pass back.

Not only did Fer kick it out for a throw in rather than back to Schmeichel, which I thought was pretty low (although he has previous in such situations) but Austin then went to block the throw being taken back to Schmeichel.

Would people be happy with our players doing that? Because I sure as hell wouldn't be, and my QPR supporting friends were pretty embarrassed by it.

 

Those situations ****ing annoy me anyway. Any player who goes down and play is stopped should be booked if they continue the game. It's an easy way to stop an attack and it's totally unfair.

 

It actually angers me when we put it out of play when they have a man down. 90% of the time it's feigning injury to cut our attack out.

Posted

Those situations ****ing annoy me anyway. Any player who goes down and play is stopped should be booked if they continue the game. It's an easy way to stop an attack and it's totally unfair.

 

It actually angers me when we put it out of play when they have a man down. 90% of the time it's feigning injury to cut our attack out.

 

It's a form of simulation. Just that instead of simulating a foul you're simulating an injuring. In both cases the player is attempting to deceive the referee to gain an advantage for his team.

 

Wholeheartedly agree with you. It should be a bookable offence.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...