Sol thewall Bamba Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Safe standing like they have in Germany is fine, but there should be sections for people who prefer to sit. At the moment people like me are ignored. Fair enough but there is no way that you as someone who sits down are in the minority. People wanting to stand up have been campaigning for years to watch the sport how they want are the ones being ignored, not you.
HitchinFox Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 If people want to stand all game maybe they should do so in the comfort of their own homes and watch a stream instead of ruining for the rest of us who want to enjoy the game with acceptable levels of fun. That made me laugh out lout - top effort!
Harry - LCFC Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 "Acceptable levels of fun" Quote of the century. Signatured.
The Doctor Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 I am a fan from London and I was attending my first game since the last game of the season against Doncaster. That was the only game I had been to for a few years but now we are back in the premiership I was planning to go more often to away games in London. I just signed up to say that I might reconsider now though because of the behaviour of some of our so called fans. Out of their seats for large parts of the game so I had to stand up to watch the action. I paid all that money to be able to sit down but these people only care about themselves and were happy to block other peoples views while shouting obscenities. I was also near the group who were drunk and abusive. I thought it was a criminal offence to be drunk at a football match but you wouldn't know it seeing all the people in pubs before the game - luckily I don't drink because of my religion. Maybe football clubs should stop selling and promoting beer? Just a thought.. That'll make sods worth of difference - drinking is a traditional part of football. All you'll do is make people drink more before the match. As for the standing point - get a ticket near the front, or perhaps you should realise that away fans will tend to stand as much as possible. Alcohol is an abomination in my opinion. It makes people behave like animals so yes I do think our club should take a stand and enhance the match day experience of non-drinkers like myself by banning the sale of alcohol in the ground and refusing admittance to drunk fans. An acceptable level of fun would be standing up when we score for instance, but not swearing or standing during the match. No it doesn't - people who act like twats when drunk are twats when sober. Rather, alcohol is very good for you in moderation - it lowers your risk of cardiovascular disease (http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/alcohol-full-story/#possible_health_benefits), lowers your risk of type 2 diabetes (http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/28/3/719.full), makes you less susceptible to colds and flu (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8363004) & protects against dementia (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110816112134.htm), and moderate drinkers have a 28% reduction in all casualties compared to those who abstain (http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol/AlcoholAndHealth.html#.VHtRlzGsWSo). That sounds boring as hell - fun is standing and singing and drinking with other fans - these are all key parts of the matchday
Soar Fox Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 That'll make sods worth of difference - drinking is a traditional part of football. All you'll do is make people drink more before the match. As for the standing point - get a ticket near the front, or perhaps you should realise that away fans will tend to stand as much as possible. No it doesn't - people who act like twats when drunk are twats when sober. Rather, alcohol is very good for you in moderation - it lowers your risk of cardiovascular disease (http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/alcohol-full-story/#possible_health_benefits), lowers your risk of type 2 diabetes (http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/28/3/719.full), makes you less susceptible to colds and flu (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8363004) & protects against dementia (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110816112134.htm), and moderate drinkers have a 28% reduction in all casualties compared to those who abstain (http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol/AlcoholAndHealth.html#.VHtRlzGsWSo). That sounds boring as hell - fun is standing and singing and drinking with other fans - these are all key parts of the matchday Jesus have you really gone through the trouble of writing all that and posting links. It's quite obvious that someone is on the wind up.
The Doctor Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Jesus have you really gone through the trouble of writing all that and posting links. It's quite obvious that someone is on the wind up. Trouble? The only trouble is finding the links, and even that's just a quick google. Most of it's all common knowledge - it gets rehashed in the newspapers every other month.
Guest Bilo Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Not sure I understand you and don't see what is controversial. I'm not rich so if I can't see Leicester playing well against a high-class opposition I can't see the point in spending all that money to go. Before last seasons game against Doncaster I hadn't been to a match since we lost at Chelsea and Fulham in 2003. After that I saw we weren't properly equipped for the premiership and decided to wait until we had put a good squad together to start supporting the team again. This season we have been doing a bit better so I went yesterday but was disappointed with our fans more than anything else and I might not go again this season now because of it. The club should really clamp down on that behaviour.
Corky Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 I know he's on the wind-up but the safest way to watch a match at Loftus Road is to stand up. The legroom is appalling when sat down whatever shape or size.
Guest Bilo Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 I know he's on the wind-up but the safest way to watch a match at Loftus Road is to stand up. The legroom is appalling when sat down whatever shape or size. Last time I tried to sit down there I ended up having to sit at an angle. I wouldn't mind, but I'm only five seven.
Matt Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/social/fan-gets-shafted-with-worst-seat-in-the-premier-league-for-qpr-v-leicester-instagram/
SystonFox Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Is he stood up? Has he got a beer in hand? Is he wearing nike air max and bouncing around like a TrueLAD?
FoxesAreBlue Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Why are you biting? No idea, the guy is a cvnt
E-PASS Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 That'll make sods worth of difference - drinking is a traditional part of football. All you'll do is make people drink more before the match. As for the standing point - get a ticket near the front, or perhaps you should realise that away fans will tend to stand as much as possible. No it doesn't - people who act like twats when drunk are twats when sober. Rather, alcohol is very good for you in moderation - it lowers your risk of cardiovascular disease (http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/alcohol-full-story/#possible_health_benefits), lowers your risk of type 2 diabetes (http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/28/3/719.full), makes you less susceptible to colds and flu (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8363004) & protects against dementia (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110816112134.htm), and moderate drinkers have a 28% reduction in all casualties compared to those who abstain (http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol/AlcoholAndHealth.html#.VHtRlzGsWSo). That sounds boring as hell - fun is standing and singing and drinking with other fans - these are all key parts of the matchday Going to those lengths to justify drinking alcohol is quite extreme. I'm glad I've never drunk alcohol in my life because it obviously has a powerful effect. I am more likely to pay attention to what the NHS and my religious leaders tell me than wikipedia or university scientists. This is what the NHS have to say about alcohol: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/teengirls/Pages/whyboozeisbad.aspx Summary: It makes you fat and sad, gives you dry skin, STDs, makes you fall over and makes you more likely to be raped. I already have dry skin but I don't like the sound of any of the other effects of alcohol, are they worth it just so you can be obnoxious at a football match?
Monsell1976 Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Going to those lengths to justify drinking alcohol is quite extreme. I'm glad I've never drunk alcohol in my life because it obviously has a powerful effect. I am more likely to pay attention to what the NHS and my religious leaders tell me than wikipedia or university scientists. This is what the NHS have to say about alcohol: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/teengirls/Pages/whyboozeisbad.aspx Summary: It makes you fat and sad, gives you dry skin, STDs, makes you fall over and makes you more likely to be raped. I already have dry skin but I don't like the sound of any of the other effects of alcohol, are they worth it just so you can be obnoxious at a football match? No we know you are in the wind up, or clearly never been to a football match.Best thing for your views and opinions on everything to do with the football culture is not come on here trolling, and start watching a safe sport like bowls.
E-PASS Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 No we know you are in the wind up, or clearly never been to a football match. Best thing for your views and opinions on everything to do with the football culture is not come on here trolling, and start watching a safe sport like bowls. So you are saying that watching football is unsafe? Proving my point then...I want to watch the match is a safe way with an unobstructed view and no profanity (profanity that would get you arrested if you were walking down the street) but somehow I am the odd one out. How can alcohol give you chlamydia? Loose morals accompany the consumption of alcohol I presume.
Fox92 Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Going to those lengths to justify drinking alcohol is quite extreme. I'm glad I've never drunk alcohol in my life because it obviously has a powerful effect. I am more likely to pay attention to what the NHS and my religious leaders tell me than wikipedia or university scientists. This is what the NHS have to say about alcohol: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/teengirls/Pages/whyboozeisbad.aspx Summary: It makes you fat and sad, gives you dry skin, STDs, makes you fall over and makes you more likely to be raped. I already have dry skin but I don't like the sound of any of the other effects of alcohol, are they worth it just so you can be obnoxious at a football match? How so? Getting drunk isn't always the problem. You can be perfectly sober and get attacked/raped by someone else. I can't believe where this is going either. A football forum, a thread about stewards and it's led to STDs.
E-PASS Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 How so? Getting drunk isn't always the problem. You can be perfectly sober and get attacked/raped by someone else. I can't believe where this is going either. A football forum, a thread about stewards and it's led to STDs. I suggest you contact the NHS then because they clearly have evidence to the contrary.
fuchsntf Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 That took guts given it was a cold day. Thats why he misplaced it, and tried to fool us, by opening a thread about losing his phone.
Monsell1976 Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 So you are saying that watching football is unsafe? Proving my point then...I want to watch the match is a safe way with an unobstructed view and no profanity (profanity that would get you arrested if you were walking down the street) but somehow I am the odd one out. Loose morals accompany the consumption of alcohol I presume. No I'm saying your a twat, and in Nigel pearsons words, if you don't like it don't come.You we're entertaining with your first couple of post, but you are just a pathetic twat.
Harry - LCFC Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Loose morals accompany the consumption of alcohol I presume. So it's irresponsibility that's the real cause, not alcohol. And really that applies to most of the other negatives that go along with the substance. It isn't difficult to manage one's self as a drinker and most people do it quite easily. I actually agree with some of your points but you go on like alcohol is some disease that corrupts everyone who uses it. I think that's well of the mark and really quite an unpleasant view to hold if you don't mind me saying.
Matt Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Can I just ask a question, why are people responding, then claiming he's WUM? Ever heard the phrase don't feed the trolls?
Monsell1976 Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Can I just ask a question, why are people responding, then claiming he's WUM? Ever heard the phrase don't feed the trolls? I'm guilty, was funny at first, but it's clear this thing will carry on, I promise I will ignore him from now on
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.