Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Realistic signings and other chit chat.

McManaman from Wigan to play on the wing.

Cyrus Christie from Derby...one of the best young RB's around.

Moreno Costanzo..YoungBoys..27..attacking midfielder and great with the dead ball.

Jose Luis Gaya..Valencia..Left back..great pace, only 20, again, good with the dead ball.

I've always liked Pearson's idea of building sides based on good young players. Let's continue this and if we go down, have the squad to get us straight back up again.

Finally..Eminike upfront. Strong, powerful, mobile.

Gaya is the next big thing. I'd love us to make a move.

McManaman from Wigan to play on the wing.

Cyrus Christie from Derby...one of the best young RB's around.

Moreno Costanzo..YoungBoys..27..attacking midfielder and great with the dead ball.

Jose Luis Gaya..Valencia..Left back..great pace, only 20, again, good with the dead ball.

I've always liked Pearson's idea of building sides based on good young players. Let's continue this and if we go down, have the squad to get us straight back up again.

Finally..Eminike upfront. Strong, powerful, mobile.

Contracted to Fenerbahçe until the summer of 2017. Can you imagine what it'd cost us to get his signature?

Last thing I heard he was offered to Chelsea for £15m.

We need a left-back, a right-back, an attacking midfielder who can act as a link between Cambiasso and the striker(s) and we're also lacking another quality striker.

Trippier was mentioned a few times in the past, think he'd be a great signing. Sadly, he's also on a brand-new contract which would involve a heavy fee, as well.

As for Swiss talent, I've listed a few names in another thread a while back. Fabian Frei (FC Basel) would be a great addition. But he's another one on a contract until 2017.

I'm also a big fan of Zurich's Chikhaoui who is long overdue a contract at a better club outside Switzerland. But he usually operates as a CF and is already 28 years old.

Our centre backs really are not the problem. Our inability to defend in the fullback area is the problem.

We do not need to purchase a new centre back.

A new left back is paramount for me. Danny Simpson deserves an opportunity to displace De Laet.

A new striker and winger is also needed.

3/4 signings is all we need.

Agree with all of this. Striker is Nige's personal priority I reckon, judging by his actions in the summer. Unfortunately cannot see him buying a LB but I don't really know.

Nige already said we would not be spending much this window hasn't he? since he has full confidence in his squad.

The most I can see him doing is getting a striker in.

I think he said wholesale changes aren't necessary. He had his usual chat about only doing deals if right for the club etc... and if he wasn't able to do them then he's happy to go with the players he has got. However, it's hard to take what he says in the media as saying he doesn't want to do much business. He has admitted he would like some players just not wholesale changes. We don't need wholesale changes. We need a couple of real quality players to sort us out. We have the money.

We need someone of Premier League quality to play in position Nugent is asked to and to bring out the best in Vardy or Ulloa.

Vardy coming back from injury hasn't helped the team at all bar Utd. I don't think this is his fault (though his misses yesterday were criminal for a prem striker) but I think there is only room for either him or Ulloa to play.

If we can get Defoe too I would be more than happy, although I can't see him wanting to come here if we're routed to the bottom.

Look no further than ben Marshall! You seen his form for Blackburn. Yet another winger to add to the list that pearson ruined.

Proof it or leave it.

The amount of unsubstantiated rumours used and the great lengths some fans go to in order to discredit the manager are so ludicrous.

If we want to sign anyone decent in Jan, Then it's paramount that we are not bottom. No one decent would touch us with a barge pole if we were. in that scenario it would definitely have to be a pulis type manager and signings if staying up was our only aim..

Our weakness at FB,the need of a quality CB and a physical/enforcer presence in MF were all there in the summer.

While I admire NPs loyalty to the squad that got us promoted,the best of those lack PL experience.They need time which a bottom club does not have.

We also have 6 games in December,if we perform like the first 6 games fine but not like the last 6!

The squad clearly needs more quality,particularly in defence.Hopefully we will not be too far adrift come January to attract good additions.

If Pearson is still with us in January, I look forward to some highly rated youngster joining us for the development squad. We really need more, 'one for the future' signings.

lol!

I said on the previous page that I wouldn't be surprised if the only player we sign in January would be someone for the development squad.

lol!

I said on the previous page that I wouldn't be surprised if the only player we sign in January would be someone for the development squad.

If that's what happens then it's quite frankly mis-management.

We don't need to go mad in January, but a couple of genuine improvements will be the difference. It isn't like we're getting hammered every game. Just a couple of players who can make the difference. Regardless of our league position I'm still not sold that the bottom half of this league is any good.

With all respect, with the threat of relegation looming, unless the contracts are riddled with buyout clauses, minimum fee releases, i highly doubt a Champions League player, you quote Doumbia, would seriously want to leave Russia to come here when a few months down the line he will either be looking for a new club or squaring up against Brentford.

With all respect, with the threat of relegation looming, unless the contracts are riddled with buyout clauses, minimum fee releases, i highly doubt a Champions League player, you quote Doumbia, would seriously want to leave Russia to come here when a few months down the line he will either be looking for a new club or squaring up against Brentford.

Brentford could be promoted to the Premier League.

Emphasis on "could".

Archived