Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Realistic signings and other chit chat.

New GK, CB to play alongside Morgan, a Jedinak style CM, Winger, Striker

some on loan, some buy.

Remember when Vardy stepped up to the Championship?

We have a squad full of that. Drinkwater, Kasper, Knoackaert and others are struggling to adapt all together. Vardy, De Laet, Mahrez, James and a few others are doing 'ok' but next season will be better.

Guest LCFC_World

Some guy named Lloyd Dyer is not really getting a game at Watford, heard hes a decent pacey left midfielder, 6 month loan anyone?

I do wonder why people keep saying this. Nige see's them both every day in training so I would say Simpson is not the player some think he is.

If people are saying Nige is just playing a favourite and not the best player then Nige deserves to go.

its not about thinking Simpson is any good, de laet is so bad why wouldnt we look to a player who plays that position? We obviously rated Simpson enough to buy him.

its not about thinking Simpson is any good, de laet is so bad why wouldnt we look to a player who plays that position? We obviously rated Simpson enough to buy him.

Praps just something to do with his looming court case.

I am not saying it is right or wrong But Nige must see or know something to not play him.

What about that Slimani chap that we were supposedly interested in a while back? how is he getting on?

Sporting are currently 6th in the league, seven points behind leaders Benfica.

Slimani has been scoring quite regularly both on a domestic and Champions League level for them.

All in all, his tally in all competitions is around the ten-goal mark right now.

Austrian international, been pretty much off the radar with his stints in Turkey.

But very reliable as a central defensive midfielder and on the rise with his performances for Besiktas.

Austrian international, been pretty much off the radar with his stints in Turkey.

But very reliable as a central defensive midfielder and on the rise with his performances for Besiktas.

Thanks. Is he worth a punt do you reckon? We only have box to box midfielders so could really use something else as well.

We've been very poor defensively. Regardless of Upson's impending return from injury, I'd love us to spend a decent amount of money on a centre-half and a left-back (as much as I think Konchesky has exceeded expectations this year).

I think De Laet was excellent in shackling Sterling on Tuesday - Sterling showed yesterday just how easy it is for him to tear teams apart with 2 wonderful dribbles through a myriad of Mackems. So, right-back is OK for me and I'd be happy to give Simpson a go should De Laet succumb to injury.

I think we do need a midfield player capable of seeing a penetrative pass. Cambiasso, James and Drinkwater are all good with the ball and do the simple things well but we're lacking a final ball. Schlupp and Mahrez's crosses against Liverpool weren't great, and our set pieces - whether from Mahrez or James - were poor on Tuesday.

Yes, our forwards are going through a barren run but Pearson's obvious pursuit of a striker will be pointless if we can't give them the ball.

We need a new left hand side. Schlupp isn't good enough and a long term replacement to konch is required.

We also need some more power in midfield as the midfielders we have are quite similar. Another forward would also be welcome, but we have greater issues in defence than anywhere else.

We need to get our business done early doors, people usually wait until late January but we could be done by then.

Centre back

Left back

Winger

Creative central midfielder

These would all be a priority for me, before a striker.

and a Big strong dm, kouyate type, and a striker that can score goals to go with Ulloa

We should blow the budget to get Podolski off Arsenal on loan.

Play Ulloa and Pod up front with Cambiasso behind pulling the strings. James Drinky and King in the centre to cover and create and get a bit of extra cover at the back!

And if there is any extra funds Santa I would love for you to bring me Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi to warm the bench and keep the pressure on Ulloa!!!

We need a new left hand side. Schlupp isn't good enough and a long term replacement to konch is required.

We also need some more power in midfield as the midfielders we have are quite similar. Another forward would also be welcome, but we have greater issues in defence than anywhere else.

This is the key concern for me, it's baffling that Pearson didn't address either position on that flank during the Summer, especially with Lloyd's departure.  Someone who can put in a decent cross from the left and keep their shots within the stadium is all we need to balance out our deficiencies this season, at least enough to get out of the relegation zone anyway imo.  

We need a new commanding GK and centre back. A new LB if NP won't select Schluup, if so need a new left winger, we cannot persist with Schluup as one of our wingers, he doesn't have the technical ability in the attack third. They are the main areas I feel we need to invest in.

I think we need a sprinkling of recent premier league experience, problem is the only players we are going to get with that are ones that got relegated or ones deemed not good enough at other prem clubs.

Bryan Ruiz is the type of creative player we need but wasn't up for the fight with Fulham last year.

Would anyone take Scott Parker on a short term deal?

Anyone at Norwich worth having?

Clever use of loan system would be good as week, I don't think Kone is the worst shout and I'd take Oviedo on loan from them as well.

Archived