Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Realistic signings and other chit chat.

With all respect, with the threat of relegation looming, unless the contracts are riddled with buyout clauses, minimum fee releases, i highly doubt a Champions League player, you quote Doumbia, would seriously want to leave Russia to come here when a few months down the line he will either be looking for a new club or squaring up against Brentford.

Just going off something I heard from a friend, with connections. I thought same thing and could we even afford his wages, doesn't seem he's as high paid as I thought he would be. Who knows? Would be nice to bring in that calibre a player though. Maybe send Nugent the other way :giggle:

Brentford could be promoted to the Premier League.

Emphasis on "could".

I was just illustrating a point. The guy has a settled career in Russia. Unless we offered him megabucks, he wouldnt come. If we did offer megabucks, they better put a shitload of clauses in his contract with wage reductions and release clauses, or youre lumbered with an expensive white elephant in the championship.

Our centre backs really are not the problem. Our inability to defend in the fullback area is the problem.

We do not need to purchase a new centre back.

A new left back is paramount for me. Danny Simpson deserves an opportunity to displace De Laet.

A new striker and winger is also needed.

3/4 signings is all we need.

I do wonder why people keep saying this. Nige see's them both every day in training so I would say Simpson is not the player some think he is.

If people are saying Nige is just playing a favourite and not the best player then Nige deserves to go.

If we're bottom and cut adrift i can't see Defoe or anyone with a bit of PL class coming here! 

If we're still in the mix - we badly need another striker and not a proven championship one!

defoe,Bent would be a good start or  Hooper, Rodallega (both have PL experience) would be decent bets

I was just illustrating a point. The guy has a settled career in Russia. Unless we offered him megabucks, he wouldnt come. If we did offer megabucks, they better put a shitload of clauses in his contract with wage reductions and release clauses, or youre lumbered with an expensive white elephant in the championship.

Luring players over from the Russian league means paying a shitload of money. Money which we may have, but won't part with due to FFP and the risks of relegation and all its consequences.

Personally, I can't see this happening at all. We'd rather invest money in either proven PL players or very talented, yet rather unknown ones from abroad with a point to prove, just like we did with Knockaert and Mahrez in the Championship.

We'll never do anything in the top flight without a keeper who can boss & command his 6 yard box, never mind his 18 yard box.

After an early scare at Stoke I thought Hamer was excellent, matched Schmeichel in shot-stopping ability but coped brilliantly with a Crouch lead attack who was giving Morgan/Moore a torrid time in a largely backs to the wall performance.

Schmeichel is a fantastic shot-stopper, but that's a fraction of what's needed, especially at this level.

Despite Wasyl adding a bit of steel in the West Brom & Sunderland games we really lack leadership at the back, Upson's injury has been disastrous, absolutely disastrous & given his age you have to wonder how good his comeback is going to be too.

Good post. Identifies the problem areas well. Defense is the principal problem. Against QPR goals were conceded because Kaspar failed to command his area and cut out crosses. Give hamer a go. I also think our fullbacks, and assisting players, allow crosses to be delivered far too easily. And finally, Morgan is a fine leader by example but doesn't appear voluble enough to organise the defends - I suspect that's what Pearson expected ups on to bring to the mix, so, yes, his injury was a crucial blow.

I do wonder why people keep saying this. Nige see's them both every day in training so I would say Simpson is not the player some think he is.

If people are saying Nige is just playing a favourite and not the best player then Nige deserves to go.

People keep saying it as we see De Laet every game and he's continuously shit. He could be Messi in training but if it doesnt transpose to a matchday, surely the reason you bring in an option in a position is to use it when the 1st choice is failing?

lets see what he does there.. on a massive wage.. why is it a player who's not playing suddenly becomes everybody's answer?

Always thought when villa struggle he should be given a chance been a great player in the past just looked like him and lambert didn't get on. He scored yesterday in his first game

Nugent out is paramount.

Won't happen though.

Yeah this should happen. Which scapegoat will we get in place of him though? Nugent's been a world class one this season, even if only playing for 10 or so minutes. Surely nobody else can improve upon that?

Artur Boruc. Top keeper that is experienced at this level. On loan at Bournemouth until January and not wanted by Southampton.

Just met Boruc a few minutes ago actually at work. Was waiting for a chance to talk football with him, But he got off before I got a chance. Top guy as well.

Even if we're bottom we really won't be that unattractive. I don't think we'll be significantly less attractive than we were in the summer. Granted, we won't be pinching players from Sunderland or West Brom etc... but foreigners and Championship players would still come here.

Darren Bent isn't the answer at all. Defoe I'm not sure about. He does score goals to his credit, but is he really worth the money we'd have to pay? I'm not convinced he'd make all the difference though he'd go a way to it.

Full backs are our biggest weakness. I wanted a winger but I thought Albrighton looked decent at QPR and maybe Pearson now fancies him after all. There's a chance we'll not lose Schlupp to the ACON, what if their new manager doesn't like him? Knockaert didn't turn shit overnight.

Either way it's a huge month for us. I would let Pearson have that month - unless we somehow manage to get worse (which'll take some doing)

As for a possible loan move, I'd take a closer look at:

• De Laet
  • Wasilewski
  • Nugent
  • Knockaert

But first, I'm keen to see how we're faring in December (six league games) with them still with the first team. I hope we'll see improved performances from all involved.

Quite why you'd get rid of Wasilewski at this point I have no idea. Sure, bring in a better defender, but what would be the point of loaning him out at his age?

2 words... Jordan Rhodes.

None of the "he hasn't played premier league football" or "he's overpriced" bollocks, he's a player who fookin scores goals and I cant emphasise that enough. So come on nige get the chequebook out. *sorted*

FYI: Winning the Championship appears to take something that doesn't easily translate to the Prem.
As QPR proved the first time around after winning the Championship pretty easily in 2010-11, surviving one season (just) but being relegated the next. 

Norwich and Swansea were also promoted that season --- Norwich lasted three seasons while Swansea (who only went up via the play-offs) are still ihere. 

Reading won it the following season and  lasted just one season while Soton and West Ham have stayed up and then Cardiff lasted only one season while Hull and Palace stayed up.

Of the previous three Championship winners only QPR lasted more than one season (surviving by one point, then being relegated).

The previous three play-off winners  all survived and are all still in the Prem.

Referring to differences last season is a bit irrelevant since QPR this season have added:

Steven Caulker and Jordan Mutch (Probably Cardiff's two best players last seasons).

Rio Ferdinand (yet to be impressive but his joining eneabled the signing of Caulker).

Mauricio Isla (current Chilean international wing-back who plays behind Vargas for Chile and QPR ).

Suk-Young Yun (attacking South Korean international FB signed last season and groomed to take the LB place this season).

Leroy Fer (current Dutch international).

Eduardo Vagas  (current Chilean international ---  internationally 18 goals in 39 partnering Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez).

Sandro (from Spurs. Didn't play on Saturday but has been cited as a major reason for improved performances recently).

FYI: Winning the Championship appears to take something that doesn't easily translate to the Prem.

As QPR proved the first time around after winning the Championship pretty easily in 2010-11, surviving one season (just) but being relegated the next.

Norwich and Swansea were also promoted that season --- Norwich lasted three seasons while Swansea (who only went up via the play-offs) are still ihere.

Reading won it the following season and lasted just one season while Soton and West Ham have stayed up and then Cardiff lasted only one season while Hull and Palace stayed up.

Of the previous three Championship winners only QPR lasted more than one season (surviving by one point, then being relegated).

The previous three play-off winners all survived and are all still in the Prem.

Referring to differences last season is a bit irrelevant since QPR this season have added:

Steven Caulker and Jordan Mutch (Probably Cardiff's two best players last seasons).

Rio Ferdinand (yet to be impressive but his joining eneabled the signing of Caulker).

Mauricio Isla (current Chilean international wing-back who plays behind Vargas for Chile and QPR ).

Suk-Young Yun (attacking South Korean international FB signed last season and groomed to take the LB place this season).

Eduardo Vagas (current Chilean international --- internationally 18 goals in 39 partnering Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez).

Sandro (from Spurs. Didn't play on Saturday but has been cited as a major reason for improved performances recently).

Great post. It's easy to go all Champ Manager and lots of QPR's signings look mint on paper.

Just doesn't work like that. You have to have a coherent coaching strategy and a clear style of play. Something to aim for. And that's down to NP. I hasten to add, I think he will get it. And I alsobthink we've got almost all the players needed.

I question both full back positions, and I also think we need another option up front with terrifying pace.

Otherwise I think it's down to our approach.

Reading won it the following season and lasted just one season while Soton and West Ham have stayed up and then Cardiff lasted only one season while Hull and Palace stayed up.

The previous three play-off winners all survived and are all still in the Prem.

Eduardo Vagas (current Chilean international --- internationally 18 goals in 39 partnering Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez).

That's great, okay QPR won on Saturday, but let's not forget that they have a single point more than Leicester City in this instance.

Archived