Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Realistic signings and other chit chat.

A think getting a few loans in looking for a move or a new contract is the way. Maybe, Podolski or Campbell from Arsenal?

I would also look at the MLS - Keane, Defoe, Dempsey, Bradley, Cahill would all improve our team.

Problem with January is you are paying top $$$ for players and are many going to want to come to the team rock bottom.

Podolski- no chance

Campbell- slim chance on loan, we won't be his only option therefore we won't be his best option.

Keane- past it in premier league terms

Dempsey- would improve us but he will be on a big wedge in the MLS.

Defoe- likely, will probably end up at QPR

Cahill- no longer a premier league player.

I would expect a couple of loans and maybe a relative unknown.

Podolski- no chance

Campbell- slim chance on loan, we won't be his only option therefore we won't be his best option.

Keane- past it in premier league terms

Dempsey- would improve us but he will be on a big wedge in the MLS.

Defoe- likely, will probably end up at QPR

Cahill- no longer a premier league player.

I would expect a couple of loans and maybe a relative unknown.

Can't disagree with the Arsenal players, but just threw them out there. I'm sure there are more I just haven't looked.

Keane - could still do it, I watch him every week

Dempsey - $6millon a year, not sure how it would work with his wages

Defoe - Keane has been far better than him this season

Cahill - Disagree, watched most games and could really give us experience 

Bradley - who you missed, good holding midfielder and likes to play

What's Danny Rose up to, is he injured? I've noticed Ben Davies is getting more playing time at Spurs these days. If Rose is out because Davies is better, I'd say he'd be a realistic, decent alternative to Konchesky and Schlupp at left-back.

Decent championship players is about all youve got realistically.

You could take a rough diamond from abroad and gamble on him, but theres not time to give him 8 games to settle in and adapt to the league which undoubtedly he would need to do.

Sako would a good signing although he is going to the African cup of nations...

Think we need to persist with schlupp left back and mahrez left midfielder and then Id say focus on signing a right back, centre back,

One holding midfielder, one box to box and one winger. Think we can take a few of the teams above us players that aren't currently getting a go like Oviedo, Rickie lambert, kone etc on loan similar to what hull have done

Sako would a good signing although he is going to the African cup of nations...

Think we need to persist with schlupp left back and mahrez left midfielder and then Id say focus on signing a right back, centre back,

One holding midfielder, one box to box and one winger. Think we can take a few of the teams above us players that aren't currently getting a go like Oviedo, Rickie lambert, kone etc on loan similar to what hull have done

Rickie Lambert most definitely is getting a go by default.

Not sure id rush in to sign someone who has had a serious injury like Oviedo either. We did to with Wasilewski, but the fact he is in our starting 11 at the moment leaves me pretty stunned at our lack of depth there.

CB - Kurt Zouma(Loan), Milan Bisevac, Aleksei Berezutski

CM - Havard Nordtveit, Claudio Yacob, Aron Gunnarsson

WG - Scott Sinclair(Loan), Joel Campbell(Loan), Matt Jarvis, Matt Ritchie, Bryan Ruiz(Loan)

CF - Tim Cahill(Loan), Clint Dempsey(Loan)

ST - Arouna Kone, Rudy Gestede, Dario Cvitanich, Luc Castaignos

Tbh championship players are gonna get us relegated i think pearson needs to bring in a strong CB, a new winger, striker and a midfielder. For the midfielder Gustavo Colman on free transfer as he is an experianced midfielder with europa and champios league experiance.Alexander Meier is another option for midfield has strong link up play and has scored 10 goals this season for frankfurt only issue is he is 31.I could also see pearson trying to sign charlie adam as he is an experianced premier league midfielder . For wingers karim Bellarabi is a great option but alot of clubs will be chasing for his signature with his contract expiring this summer. I'd also throw schone from ajax and Ibai Gomez from athletico bilbo. As for defenders i'd like zourma on loan but also milan voltic of bsc young boys or Stefan bell of manz.. As for strikers i'd throw Adebayor in the mix not that i believe he's a great striker but he can hold the ball up as premier league experiance and can score goals. Aother options are joaquin larrivey of celta de vigo orCheick Diabate of boardeaux

CB - Kurt Zouma(Loan), Milan Bisevac, Aleksei Berezutski

CM - Havard Nordtveit, Claudio Yacob, Aron Gunnarsson

WG - Scott Sinclair(Loan), Joel Campbell(Loan), Matt Jarvis, Matt Ritchie, Bryan Ruiz(Loan)

CF - Tim Cahill(Loan), Clint Dempsey(Loan)

ST - Arouna Kone, Rudy Gestede, Dario Cvitanich, Luc Castaignos

Aron Gunnarsson and Rudy Gestede? You planning back to back relegations or something?

Suggestions that could potentially be a bargain on loan or cheap due to ending contract in january.

Left Back - 

Marcel Jansen (Hamburg, probably too big for us)

Left wing -

Scott sinclair (Loan)

Brek Shea  

Brian ruiz (Can play LW)

Suso (Another player who can play either wing, meant to be a decent young winger once regarded massively at anfield)

Kucka - Genoa

Vargas - Fiorentina

Osvaldo - sao paulo (Rapid, meant to be very good)

Centre back -

****** Winston reid ****** (contract out in summer, apparently they are signing a replacement anyway in Nkoulou)

Maya Yoshida (Southampton, Out of Favor and very capable)

Fabian Schar (Would be a coup if we got him, Free in summer at basel, Probably go to a top european team)  M

Miguel Britos (Napoli, don't know much about him)

Strikers -

Defoe,

Kone,

Pato (Free in summer, could be cheap, Bad attitude though)

Hustle and bustle CM/CDM -  

Youssuf mulumbu or claudio yacob (both cheap as out of contract in the summer) 

Flamini (Free in summer)

Delph (Free in summer, likely to go to a good club though)

Edgar Barreto (Watched him play in Palermo when I visited a few years back and followed them since, VERY good player)

Archived