Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

Early in the season we were playing clubs who were suffering a World Cup hangover, and the opposition hadn't found us out yet.

Post Man U we have found our level. Bottom.

This World Cup hangover stuff is a load of shite - the problem is not that sides aren't hungover anymore, it's that we surrendered the initiative vs burnley and confidence ended up shot as a result. If it turns around and we get one win, we'll start rolling again, it's just getting that win.

Pulis would come if given a big enough budget in Jan! That's the key to us getting anyone that and if we stay in touching distance to the pack until the transfer window I think.... Just depends if the owners want to stick twist or gamble!!!

The fact is that there is no rational reason to defend him. I want him to stay but that is based on a combination of emotion and that there are no desirable alternatives out there.

We are getting results at the moment that sides in the bottom half of the Championship probably wouldn't take if offered to them:

Palace (A) 0-2

Burnley (H) 2-2

Newcastle (A) 0-1

Swansea (A) 0-2

West Brom (H) 0-1

Southampton (A) 0-2

Sunderland (H) 0-0

QPR (A) 2-3

Liverpool (H) 1-3

Aston Villa (A) 1-2

You'd back a mid-to-lower table Championship side to pick up more than 2 points from that run. It's only the fact that Blackpool are so desperate that makes me not think that every side in the division below us would be ashamed of that particular run. That's a league that we dominated last season.

There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that we have regressed massively. Pearson obviously has a track record of getting us promoted but last time out it took almost 3 years to re-build a team to get us there and surely next year a similar re-build will be required.

You can talk about the step-up in quality all you like, but there is no way that we would have got less than 10 points out of that run of fixtures last season.

Looking back on it, a lot of us saw Sunderland as a fork-in-the road. We'd stopped the rot and finally looked like pulling ourselves together. This hope was compounded by going ahead against QPR. But since then, having not scored for 5 games, we have scored 3 times against struggling sides and lost every single game. It's not like we're throwing away 2 points a game at the moment - it's 3 sodding points every match that we're getting ourselves into position to get and then lobbing away with basic errors. 

I fully agree. I think if this season has taught me one thing though it's that you can never under-estimate the importance of morale and momentum. Last year for me, we were very much a confidence side. Technically good for that level, but not outstanding. In this league we are technically lacking so badly it's unreal and when the confidence and momentum goes, you get this.

I do however genuinely believe we are a poorer team than last season. Granted, playing harder teams will take its toll on you both physically and mentally but players who couldn't get in last season are getting in this year. How has that happened?

Depends on how much the owners want to stay in the Premier League.

If they do, they will get a big name in and back him with money.

If they are not too bothered they will keep Pearson and let him have a few million to tinker with.

They have to decide, if they had confidence in Pearson then they would give him more money to spend,but obviously they do not.

They gave him the benefit of doubt after missing out on promotion the year before last.

They have been placating the Fans loyalty to Pearson begrudgingly for long enough and in my opinion a defeat against Man City on Saturday

could be the straw that breaks the camels back.

This thread needs to be closed. There is already a thread for idiots and the above opening statement for this thread is not sufficient enough to warrant a new thread opening. The above comment should have been included in the existing idiot thread.

Bilo, please make your way to the idiot thread and lock the door so you and your fellow compatriots can moan to your hearts content, or spam BBC Radio Leicester's moan in.

And here is me thinking that this was a message board

I'm not convinced by arguments that replacing him will keep us up. People keep bringing up Southampton, but that was a whole different kettle of fish. Adkins had actually started to get them winning again when he got the boot, and there was a lot of outrage at the time - because it was clear that the Southampton owners had been planning for a while to replace Adkins, they'd already lined up Pochettino, it was a fait acompli.

Our situation is the more typical Premier League struggling side scenario. We don't have a new boss lined up, we're being force into this by a bad run of results. Without a new boss, we will end up with someone like Pulis based around their availability, more than whether they are a good fit for the squad we already have. Pochettino worked because his style fitted what Adkins had already implemented at Southampton, and took it to a new level. Pulis's favoured direct style seems ill fitted to our squad which is not exactly the most physically imposing, and his Palace stint has illustrated he is only interested in short term gains, and his own reputation. Are there any candidates out there who will play a 'Pearson style', but add a different dimension? Can't think of any myself.

Also, with no manager lined up, we are consigning ourselves to several games of the Rudkin and Stowell caretaker combo, which has never looked capable of getting a positive result, even at Championship level. We'd essentially write off hopes in the next few games in the interim, get someone new in, have a mad panic of rush signings in January before the new man had properly assessed the players we already had.

If we keep Pearson, we might go down. If we bin him now, I've got a horrible feeling we will go down anyway, and end up in a total mess whilst undoing all the long term improvements we've worked so hard to set up in the last few years.

Very good post which sums up why I don't want Pulis in for Pearson. I don't think it automatically leads to safety.

Sven gave this Club a much needed lift and hope for the future. We need this again at the moment.

Where as Nigel Pearson's never given us a lift or hope for the future. Of course, let's get Sven in, give him money, problem solved.

The owners will not wait much longer in the hope that our luck will change.

They waited for ages in 2012/13, they got a title and 70 odd million pounds out of waiting. Hopefully they got the message.

I think Babs got it spot on about our failure to translate. We were built to destroy the Championship yet haven't really acquired enough to be effective in this league.

I don't think this league is the holy grail of all leagues, but... it's a hell of a lot stronger than the Championship - of which is largely a pretty woeful league in all honesty. How many sides in that league ever genuinely impressed you?

That Man Utd game made people more cautious of us, they've realised our strengths and negated them relatively easily. Funny really given the amount of shite Van Gaal spoke about how he knew us inside out before the game lol

For me, it's time to build on a 4-3-3 - **** 4-4-2 off, it's done for with this lot. Work on a 4-3-3 more based around retaining the ball and looking to break quickly when a chance arises. Get them used to it ahead of January and bring in some players during that month that will make it effective. This month is a complete write-off for me. Other than a total off day by our opposition we just won't get any points. Not even at Hull. I'm happy to build for January this month now.

Reckon we'll beat City next week. It's the exact sort of thing Leicester would do, heartache for 10 games then pull a gritty, battling result out their arse when all hope is lost.

Normally I would agree but no errm just sadly no

We haven't got a fvcking chance even with Aguero missing they will win so easily it will be more than embarrassing

The players aren't good enough now and they won't be good enough under any new manager we're likely to get.

Pearson has earned his right to have a go at correcting things in January.

Yes.

I think Pearson has gone about beating teams the right way. Any manager we got in now wouldn't be able to do much more tactically... We have competed, created chances and done everything right in terms of tactically matching up with teams and competing in this league.

The problem is the quality of our players.

Mahrez - excellent going forward and probably the best we have in terms of taking people on and creating chances but he can't defend.

The defenders are making mistakes, not down to Pearson but down to their own ability.

Drinkwater - I guess Pearson thought he would be one of the best players for us this year as we all did.

The center backs - making too many mistakes. Not down to tactics, down to their own ability.

Albrighton - not looked good enough, not what we expected.

Vardy - Looked ok, but not as good as we thought.

The list goes on...

The January transfer window can't come any sooner IMO. But what I'm saying is, you can shuffle shit as much as you like, it's still shit.

The run is made far worse by the nature of the opposition throughout. We really should have collected a reasonable return from that lot if we're serious about staying in The Premiership but it's not as if we've even been unlucky - we been inept for the most part and even yesterday there was just too many basics missing.

Pearson might not be worrying about his position but I've been worrying about his performance in the position almost the whole season given our clear shortcomings with our close-season preparation which always looked inadequate to me - as I said emphatically at the time.

In fact it's turned out even worse than I imagined with Upson being a permanent absentee, Cambiasso largely a disappointment and no-one else making any significant impression. So much for our marevellous scouting system. I don't say no-one will come through in the end - I've hardly seen some of them to judge. But it's here and now that's our first priority and I can't see any of our signings making much of a different to that sad situation.

The run is made far worse by the nature of the opposition throughout. We really should have collected a reasonable return from that lot if we're serious about staying in The Premiership but it's not as if we've even been unlucky - we been inept for the most part and even yesterday there was just too many basics missing.

Pearson might not be worrying about his position but I've been worrying about his performance in the position almost the whole season given our clear shortcomings with our close-season preparation which always looked inadequate to me - as I said emphatically at the time.

In fact it's turned out even worse than I imagined with Upson being a permanent absentee, Cambiasso largely a disappointment and no-one else making any significant impression. So much for our marevellous scouting system. I don't say no-one will come through in the end - I've hardly seen some of them to judge. But it's here and now that's our first priority and I can't see any of our signings making much of a different to that sad situation.

And even if Pearson gets the funds to spend in January,has he really got that pulling power to entice players here,I doubt it

Some will say he got Cambiasso,which kinda disguises the ones he didn't.

The be all and end all is the players he did sign were nowhere good enough,which is a worry if given funds to spend

Personally think if we lose to Man City then it's curtains for np. I've backed np all the way but secretly I've had a gut feeling s change is required to the leadership of our players. Sometimes a change is needed to provide a boost to the existing players. It doesn't make np a bad manager it's just situation that occurs. Just like some players need a rest so do managers. A fresh manager, a chance to look at his squad before the transfer window opens and a renewed vigour. Np and Lcfc lacked appeal to attract the players we wanted in the summer. An ex prem manager will hold more gravitas to a better calibre of player. A cliche maybe but Pulis has that.

Personally think if we lose to Man City then it's curtains for np. I've backed np all the way but secretly I've had a gut feeling s change is required to the leadership of our players. Sometimes a change is needed to provide a boost to the existing players. It doesn't make np a bad manager it's just situation that occurs. Just like some players need a rest so do managers. A fresh manager, a chance to look at his squad before the transfer window opens and a renewed vigour. Np and Lcfc lacked appeal to attract the players we wanted in the summer. An ex prem manager will hold more gravitas to a better calibre of player. A cliche maybe but Pulis has that.

We've been saying this for a few matches now. If he's not gone after this run he's not going to be gone because we failed to beat Man City.

This World Cup hangover stuff is a load of shite - the problem is not that sides aren't hungover anymore, it's that we surrendered the initiative vs burnley and confidence ended up shot as a result. If it turns around and we get one win, we'll start rolling again, it's just getting that win.

Not according to managers like Mourinho and Wenger who have all observed poorer performance stats from their players at the start of this season.

Of course your theory could be right, one more win and all will be fine. A bit tricky if that win arrives in April though...

if you could point out where I said i'm happy with the situation i'd be grateful.

pearson has proved over his seasons with us that he can get the best out of these players. I recall a number of fans wanting pearson out after the play-off defeat to watford, were you one of them then as well? look how that all worked out.

out of interest who do you suggest replacing him with? pulis?

Pearson had already lost us promotion that season, before the Watford game. What are you on? Memory blockers?

Archived