Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

Every couple of days I look in on this thread... 

So let's make it simple - we will ignore last year's performance ... and our hopes  for this year.  We will admit that the summer transfer business was inadequate (we can of course learn a valuable lesson from that).

The key question is: who is best to take us forward?

So right now, we have the squad we have... the lads support NP; the owners support NP; 75% of the forum supports NP... and we have to sort ourselves out to tund this around.  Now even though NP drives me mad with his slow pace on what I regard as glaring issues (i.e. IMO: set piece marking, our set pieces, need for early diagonal balls to Ulloa; need to use Knocky as impact sub, tell kasper to come of his line and dominate (stand up - like de gea), get a psychologist to stop the back four errors ... etc etc)... I believe he is the best person to sort things out - there is no credible alternative.  It would be easy if there was - but there isn't.

THIS. I dont really want to advocate NP being sacked but we need to seperate last years success from what looks like this season's disaster. This term Pearson's remit was to keep us up and it looks like it's not happening. IF we can find someone who can do a better job, then we should be getting the job done. I for one do not think that the club being relegated, with all that means for the club, considering financial fair play and it's consequences, is a 'shrug your shoulders' situation that we should just leave to see what happens. The powers that be need to be proactive with so much at stake.

Two interesting aspects or let's say, assumptions:

a) Who says it's this season's main aim to remain in the Premier League? This may well be an exercise in order to test the water, so a relegation scenario tolerated by the management/owners not completely off the radar

b) Who says we can't reach 17th (or above)?

a) Who says it's this season's main aim to remain in the Premier League? This may well be an exercise in order to test the water, so a relegation scenario tolerated by the management/owners not completely off the radar

a) Well if we've got promoted to test the water to give it another go sometime in the future, without regard to the financial rewards that will be forthcoming in staying up then, I would be more than amazed. Add to that the owners have spent £50 - £100 million to get this far! If you think all that's been achieved just you are deluded.

B) it is possible we can finish 17th, all I'm saying is we should be looking at our best options

a) Well if we've got promoted to test the water to give it another go sometime in the future, without regard to the financial rewards that will be forthcoming in staying up then, I would be more than amazed. Add to that the owners have spent £50 - £100 million to get this far! If you think all that's been achieved just you are deluded.

B) it is possible we can finish 17th, all I'm saying is we should be looking at our best options

I doubt most of that money has been invested in our squad or the infrastructure. The majority of it was used to wipe all that debt off the cards which had put a heavy burden on the club for roughly a decade and to pay extra staff or unwanted players out of contracts. This generous move merely acts as giving the club a clean slate and has little to do with the sportive success or development whatsoever.

I would agree with you if we'd spent £50m to £100m on infrastructure or player acquisitions on top of that, but that's not the case here.

We need to get rid of this Pearson bloke.

We need a European manager with champions league experience, the type of manager that can qualify underdogs in a group with 2 of the biggest teams in champions league history.

Anyone know much of this paulo sousa bloke? lol lol lol

I doubt most of that money has been invested in our squad or the infrastructure. The majority of it was used to wipe all that debt off the cards which had put a heavy burden on the club for roughly a decade and to pay extra staff or unwanted players out of contracts. This generous move merely acts as giving the club a clean slate and has little to do with the sportive success or development whatsoever.

I would agree with you if we'd spent £50m to £100m on infrastructure or player acquisitions on top of that, but that's not the case here.

Whatever the numbers are, they have shelled out tens of millions of £'s. Staying up gets that back investment back, relegation costs them tens of millions in lost revenue. After Id replied to your original I thought I'd falling for a line and you were taking the piss, but you aren't! We've got promoted to test the water, and staying up is not the priority you say. Ffs I give up!! What a satchel of s**t you are talking,

Whatever the numbers are, they have shelled out tens of millions of £'s. Staying up gets that back investment back, relegation costs them tens of millions in lost revenue. After Id replied to your original I thought I'd falling for a line and you were taking the piss, but you aren't! We've got promoted to test the water, and staying up is not the priority you say. Ffs I give up!! What a satchel of s**t you are talking,

I said it could be a scenario.

But keep on reading all kinds of things into my writing.

This forum is all about opinions.

Seriously? Whether you think Pearson should go or not that has to be the daftest theory ever posted on the Leicester forum.

Seriously? Whether you think Pearson should go or not that has to be the daftest theory ever posted on the Leicester forum.

It's a reasonable point, though, that a relegation-scenario might have been 'tolerated', as he puts it. On the other hand, I can't agree with him that survival may not have been the 'main aim', because several of our signings fail to indicate that the only viable alternative - namely, squad-building - was our true priority. Realistically, what else could have been the 'main aim'?

It's a reasonable point, though, that a relegation-scenario might have been 'tolerated', as he puts it. On the other hand, I can't agree with him that survival may not have been the 'main aim', because several of our signings fail to indicate that the only viable alternative - namely, squad-building - was our true priority. Realistically, what else could have been the 'main aim'?

Make Foxestalk cry.

Obviously survival was the main thing coming into the season but it's not unthinkable that behind the scenes we'd use this season as a yard stick and see how far we'd come. Prussian has phrased it awfully but there's a nugget of a point in there

Obviously survival was the main thing coming into the season but it's not unthinkable that behind the scenes we'd use this season as a yard stick and see how far we'd come. Prussian has phrased it awfully but there's a nugget of a point in there

I agree I could've probably expanded on that scenario a bit more or been a bit more articulate.

From my point of view, there's a distinct lack of panic in the camp, no panicky reactions coming from the board of directors, the owners or any other official representative of the club either.

To rephrase that: We all have heard the story of Pearson putting faith in the players that contributed to our promotion last season.  But he and everyone else at the club also knew that the squad didn't have (and still don't have) a lot of top-flight experience. Well, why the obvious lack of transfer movement in the summer? I mean, the money was there. Still is. But we're not spending it.

One could come to the conclusion that whatever's holding this team back at the minute is coupled with something that many fans don't see or don't want to see. And I don't think it's simply down to an allegedly bad manager or bad players per se. The spirits in training are high day in, day out according to the Birch, so I wonder where this care-free attitude is coming from when, according to some fans, we or they ought to be more concerned.

In the end - and this is just my theory - the owners and the management knew very well that this season could turn out to be a (minor) disaster with the inexperienced and rather youthful players at our disposal, so I'm convinced that in any case, even if we should get relegated again, a plan is in place in order to minimize the risk(s). Which, at this moment, means not spending beyond our means and being able to deal with any potential incoming financial constraints due to the consequences of FFP and relegation in a more appropriate fashion.

Maybe, just maybe we're planning a lot more ahead than just this one season.

I disagree. There is no guarantee the owners would stay if we went down. One thing for sure is the squad would be ripped apart. It would be a rebuild on the field as an absolute minimum. This as we know can take years.

Relegation WOULD be a disaster. There are lots of capable clubs in the championship. Not to mention the complete cloud of depression that would hang over the clubs supporters. Back to 22,000 at home, crappy teams etc. we have the premiership in our hands now, but at the moment we seem to want to play like a star struck championship side who is there for the crack.

Our owners are running the club with a long term vision. Of course, they, like us, would prefer to stay in this division and build from here. Relegation only tends to be a disaster for clubs that panic, press the self destruct button, sack the manager and get rid of most of the players. That is short term management, it may or may not succeed immediately but ultimately leads nowhere. As long as our owners and fans keep calm heads no matter what happens this season and stick to the long term view, we will continue to build and improve. If it takes a bit of West Brom style yo-yoing before we finally stabilise and stay in this division, then so be it.

I disagree. There is no guarantee the owners would stay if we went down. One thing for sure is the squad would be ripped apart. It would be a rebuild on the field as an absolute minimum. This as we know can take years.

Relegation WOULD be a disaster. There are lots of capable clubs in the championship. Not to mention the complete cloud of depression that would hang over the clubs supporters. Back to 22,000 at home, crappy teams etc. we have the premiership in our hands now, but at the moment we seem to want to play like a star struck championship side who is there for the crack.

Why would the owners leave and why would the squad be ripped apart?

The owners stand to gain nothing by walking away upon relegation. If they have done what they said they were going to do and are now running the club on what it earns then the club could tick along without them having to spend any money at least until the end of the parachute payments. Even then they can't spend money anyway due to FFP, so we'd just have to cut costs accordingly. We'd still be one of the biggest teams in the division with one of the biggest budgets, with no pressure to overspend from fans.

As for the squad, as it stands none of them are proving themselves good enough for the division anyway. So I'm not sure where you get the idea we'd be ripped apart. Financially they should all hopefully be on contracts that reduce upon relegation, so there shouldn't be any financial reasons to get rid. You might lose a few who are out of contract, you might lose one or two if they show some form, but the core of the team would in all likelihood remain.

People say he will have money to spend in January surely he had money to spend during the summer and whats did we buy? Championship players. Hope I am wrong and some shrewd buys do come in. Is he trying to prove a point and say "look what I done without spending a vast amount of money"!!

People say he will have money to spend in January surely he had money to spend during the summer and whats did we buy? Championship players. Hope I am wrong and some shrewd buys do come in. Is he trying to prove a point and say "look what I done without spending a vast amount of money"!!

the summer business was a mistake - we know it, NP knows it and the owners know it.  I expect we will bring in players with proven experience... to compliment our lack of it.  WE have learnt a hard lesson... but the issue is who can take us forward?.... I haven't seen one credible proposal that would be better than NP -so  there isn't another option.... so we should all get behind him with out fingers crossed.

the summer business was a mistake - we know it, NP knows it and the owners know it.  I expect we will bring in players with proven experience... to compliment our lack of it.  WE have learnt a hard lesson... but the issue is who can take us forward?.... I haven't seen one credible proposal that would be better than NP -so  there isn't another option.... so we should all get behind him with out fingers crossed.

In the football world Pearson is a busted flush. Who the hell would come to a club at the bottom of the league with a manager who it's obvious to all hasn't a clue about Premiership football ? No agent in his right mind would tell his players to come to this club in it's present state. 

Come on I challenge anyone on here to come up with one good reason why any experienced top quality footballer would come to us in January ? It ain't going to happen end of.

In the football world Pearson is a busted flush. Who the hell would come to a club at the bottom of the league with a manager who it's obvious to all hasn't a clue about Premiership football ? No agent in his right mind would tell his players to come to this club in it's present state. 

Come on I challenge anyone on here to come up with one good reason why any experienced top quality footballer would come to us in January ? It ain't going to happen end of.

I suppose the reasons wouldn't be a million miles off those that brought Cambiasso to the club in August, and closer to still to those that brought Garry Parker to the club in the 94/95 season, or Kaamark here at the end of it. And there are other, less spectacular, examples from our own history - Dabizas, Robins for instance, all experienced top-level players who saw us to be an attractive enough proposition in spite of having inexperienced managers who'd done a questionable job at the highest level.

I suppose the reasons wouldn't be a million miles off those that brought Cambiasso to the club in August, and closer to still to those that brought Garry Parker to the club in the 94/95 season, or Kaamark here at the end of it. And there are other, less spectacular, examples from our own history - Dabizas, Robins for instance, all experienced top-level players who saw us to be an attractive enough proposition in spite of having inexperienced managers who'd done a questionable job at the highest level.

Cambiasso is at the end of his career , he came here for a last pay check and to say he had played in the Prem. All of the others you mentioned were at the fag end of their careers also, except Kaamark who had not played in the English league before he came to us. Just wait and wait and wait in January and you will see the same pile of crap the likes of what he bought in the Summer.

That has to be it this thread needs to go!

Archived