Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

I thought Nugent looked good when he came on. Finally, we had at least some link between the midfield and the final third. He was lively, chasing down and had that great shot. Good performance today. At least he showed some bloody energy in a side that has become so slow getting forward.

Oh I thought he was fine, but the lack of a physical presence was felt when we were chasing the game. You often make a very sensible point that, while Cambiasso might play well he might not be the sort of figure we need in midfield. I don't necessarily agree, but entirely understand the point. I'd apply that same logic to Nugent today, that he looked alright without being what the game needed him to be.

And, all things considered, I don't feel we've benefited from bringing him into the side over these past ten games. In fact, how many goals have we scored with him on the pitch since then?

Are you saying we look better with Nugent up front than with Ulloa?

I'm saying exactly what I said - we're not playing the same way as we did last season.

Having said that, we did look better with Nugent in the team at the start of the season than we have since, overall.

I'm no fan of Nugent at Premier League level by any means. He's not good enough. But neither is Vardy, sadly, by the look of things.

We aren't likely to sign any decent players, we'll surely lose the next 3 and then who is going to sign for a team nailed on to be relegated.

Nothing beats positivity. lol

No one knows how results will pan out for us in the future, just as much as nobody saw us picking up the points that we did at the start of the season.

I'm looking forward to the ins and outs in January.

A couple of our players need to look elsewhere for some minutes in order to boost their confidence.

And we might actually sign some good players for comparatively little money.

More on that comes February, 1st.

I understand the frustration, but we are still playing quite well. Performances like this, with a tweak or two, will probably bring better results over the next four games than they have in the last four. But I could be wrong or, equally, it could all nosedive from here.

I agree that there's a decision to be made and that it probably needs to be made now. But I find it very hard to justify sacking a manager on the back of our current performances. I'd look, instead, at how he could be better supported in his decision making. If that's a coach or a General Manager then so be it, but change doesn't have to mean ripping it all up and starting from zero. A coach who knows what a set piece is might be a start, for example.

You think we're playing quite well and will get better results over the next 4 (can they be any worse?), with a tweak or 2?

Do you think Pearson is the type of person who would take well a coach or general manager giving advice?

We've been appalling at both ends from set plays (my lad covers his face when we're defending one, he's nine) for ages now and still NFP has done nothing about it.

We're not playing the same way though. We've brought in Ulloa and Cambiasso who can't replicate the energy we played with last season and Schlupp is somehow in the team every week on the left wing in the Premier League when he was our reserve left back / 5th choice striker last season.

I really don't think our style has changed that much even though a couple of the players have. I made a post on the The Burnley forum I think where I said I wasn't sure our style would translate.

We relied on pace and quick ball, I never felt like we were the sort of team to offer lots of support to each other or work the ball around in triangles.

We're still trying to rely on pace and quick ball but it's not working, the opposition players are either as quick or sharper in the mind.

I lost count of how many times a player would have the ball and everyone ran away from him today, it worked last year as individually we were better and players were quicker. So we'd have time to find the right ball, or the pace to exploit the oppo.

I think putting out the same 11 from last year we'd still try and mostly do the same thing with the same result. No support, looking for quick ball and end up passing it back to the oppo.

Nothing beats positivity. lol

No one knows how results will pan out for us in the future, just as much as nobody saw us picking up the points that we did at the start of the season.

I'm looking forward to the ins and outs in January.

A couple of our players need to look elsewhere for some minutes in order to boost their confidence.

And we might actually sign some good players for comparatively little money.

More on that comes February, 1st.

**** me we've got 2 points from 30 just how positive do you expect anyone to be, have you seen who we're playing next, do you seriously think we'll be getting points?

We'll have to pay a fortune in wages to get anyone to sign.

We spent comparatively little money in the summer and generally signed championship quality players, what on earth makes you think we'll sign any better now?

Nothing beats sticking your head in the ground.

I'm saying exactly what I said - we're not playing the same way as we did last season.

Having said that, we did look better with Nugent in the team at the start of the season than we have since, overall.

I'm no fan of Nugent at Premier League level by any means. He's not good enough. But neither is Vardy, sadly, by the look of things.

I'm not sure that the subtle change in our style is the reason for us losing games. Our failure to address issues that were already apparent in previous seasons is the bigger issue - De Laet, Konchesky, Nugent were all flagged up in the past, as was our weakness from set pieces, Kasper's vulnerability from crosses, question marks over our midfield's ability to protect the defence, Morgan's other defensive half, the left wing position...

It's far too easy to focus on 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-3-3 or Cambiasso or Ulloa or anything else which is different to last season, even though those two additions to the side have represented good value for money. Others look at the fact that few other sides play 4-4-2. But I'm not qualified enough over-analyse the tactical complexities of the game. What I can see is that there are weaknesses which needed addressing in the summer, and weren't.

That's not to say we won't, though. And neither is it to say that some of those 'weak links' won't go on to do a good job for us if we stay up.

Been supporting city since I was knee high worst team for a long time, can't defend, can't score insults the fans, he has to go!

What absolute garbage. Worse than the team that was relegated to the third tier? Worse than the Sven side? Worse than the dross that Peter Taylor or David Pleat served up?

Get a grip!

**** me we've got 2 points from 30 just how positive do you expect anyone to be, have you seen who we're playing next, do you seriously think we'll be getting points?

We'll have to pay a fortune in wages to get anyone to sign.

We spent comparatively little money in the summer and generally signed championship quality players, what on earth makes you think we'll sign any better now?

Nothing beats sticking your head in the ground.

And your behaviour and comments on here are exemplary.

If you want to give up and throw in the towel already with regards to our season, go ahead.

23 games to go, four points off 17th.

I understand the frustration, but we are still playing quite well. Performances like this, with a tweak or two, will probably bring better results over the next four games than they have in the last four. But I could be wrong or, equally, it could all nosedive from here.

I agree that there's a decision to be made and that it probably needs to be made now. But I find it very hard to justify sacking a manager on the back of our current performances. I'd look, instead, at how he could be better supported in his decision making. If that's a coach or a General Manager then so be it, but change doesn't have to mean ripping it all up and starting from zero. A coach who knows what a set piece is might be a start, for example.

We've been tweaking all season, and whatever we play we are still losing. The games we have played recently, West Brom, Sunderland, QPR and Villa these teams were nothing special but we only picked up one point from those games.

These results are unacceptable and it's a results business, we can't keep losing games or we won't just get relegated, we will get embarrassingly relegated.

I really don't think our style has changed that much even though a couple of the players have. I made a post on the The Burnley forum I think where I said I wasn't sure our style would translate.

We relied on pace and quick ball, I never felt like we were the sort of team to offer lots of support to each other or work the ball around in triangles.

We're still trying to rely on pace and quick ball but it's not working, the opposition players are either as quick or sharper in the mind.

I lost count of how many times a player would have the ball and everyone ran away from him today, it worked last year as individually we were better and players were quicker. So we'd have time to find the right ball, or the pace to exploit the oppo.

I think putting out the same 11 from last year we'd still try and mostly do the same thing with the same result. No support, looking for quick ball and end up passing it back to the oppo.

It's hard to know what would work or not to be honest when all the goals you concede come from individual errors.

We could play pretty triangles. We could hoof it to the moon and back. If we keep letting teams score goals like we have in the past week, it doesn't matter.

If anything, I feel like we've lost a plan A never mind a plan B. Last season we pressed hard and played with pace and aggression. We don't really do that any more, not to the same extent. This season I couldn't tell you what style it is.

I'm not sure that the subtle change in our style is the reason for us losing games. Our failure to address issues that were already apparent in previous seasons is the bigger issue - De Laet, Konchesky, Nugent were all flagged up in the past, as was our weakness from set pieces, Kasper's vulnerability from crosses, question marks over our midfield's ability to protect the defence, Morgan's other defensive half, the left wing position...

It's far too easy to focus on 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-3-3 or Cambiasso or Ulloa or anything else which is different to last season, even though those two additions to the side have represented good value for money. Others look at the fact that few other sides play 4-4-2. But I'm not qualified enough over-analyse the tactical complexities of the game. What I can see is that there are weaknesses which needed addressing in the summer, and weren't.

That's not to say we won't, though. And neither is it to say that some of those 'weak links' won't go on to do a good job for us if we stay up.

I haven't said the change in style is the reason we're losing games.

You're dead right.

The amount of times Vardy doesnt win in a foot race is really disheartening.

We've been tweaking all season, and whatever we play we are still losing. The games we have played recently, West Brom, Sunderland, QPR and Villa these teams were nothing special but we only picked up one point from those games.

These results are unacceptable and it's a results business, we can't keep losing games or we won't just get relegated, we will get embarrassingly relegated.

Clearly you're right. I just feel our best bet of not being relegated or humiliatingly relegated is putting on more performances like the last four games, with a couple of minor adjustments, as opposed to the bottom-to-top overhaul a new regime is likely to instigate.

But don't get me wrong. There was a very strong argument for a new manager four games ago, even if I didn't agree with it, and there still is now. But I feel we might have gone past that point where a new manager can have the time to assess what he's got (possibly at the expense of two or three results). Now we need results against the odds and we need them in the next three games. If we fail, the budget for January will be reduced.

I just happen to feel that if Pearson can elicit displays like today's then we'd have a better chance of getting those results than if we made the change. But, like I say, there's a very good argument against what I'm saying and I don't buy for a second any of this 'if Pearson is fired it's the end of the end of the world as we know it' nonsense.

And your behaviour and comments on here are exemplary.

If you want to give up and throw in the towel already with regards to our season, go ahead.

23 games to go, four points off 17th.

My behaviour on here?

What are you gibbering on about, have you been drinking? It's a chat page not a real pub.

We were 1 point of 14th a little while ago, we're likely to be 6 or 7 points of 17th when the transfer window opens.

I don't want to throw the towel in but it's increasingly hard not to when sat with a 9 year old who asks why we've just taken off the target man and brought on a winger and mentions that teams who are winning bring on subs in the 88th (QPR obviously). He has already accepted that we're going down, I just don't want him to be ridiculed at school by us being one of the worst sides ever which is what we currently resemble.

Glad you can be positive but at what point does reality click in for you?

My behaviour on here?

What are you gibbering on about, have you been drinking? It's a chat page not a real pub.

We were 1 point of 14th a little while ago, we're likely to be 6 or 7 points of 17th when the transfer window opens.

I don't want to throw the towel in but it's increasingly hard not to when sat with a 9 year old who asks why we've just taken off the target man and brought on a winger and mentions that teams who are winning bring on subs in the 88th (QPR obviously). He has already accepted that we're going down, I just don't want him to be ridiculed at school by us being one of the worst sides ever which is what we currently resemble.

Glad you can be positive but at what point does reality click in for you?

He was injured.

Ah right Pearson is responsible for Was giving away a silly free kick which led to their 1st goal, and LM for not tracking back and then for Was not dealing with their second goal on the half way line.

He is responsible for failing to bring in players who don't give away these silly free kicks and make these crucial errors.

I don't get why Newcastle & West Ham are used as arguments either. They're better than us. We are on course to finish with about 20 points.

Archived