Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

I think my patience has finally snapped. I'm very much against sacking managers generally and very much pro-Pearson, but I can't see us winning a game as we are at the moment.

Yes, the players might be loyal to Pearson and he has built up a great infrastructure at the club, but we're simply not getting results in this league!

Maybe it's time.

As much as we'd all love to see the return of MON and I actually think he would be able to keep Leicester up, I just can't see him returning I think he's said many times before "Never go back". The owners tried to get him to replace Sven three years back and apparently turned us down. 

Suspect you're right on all counts.

I don't hate Nige, I like the bloke, I'm desperately sad that it's come to this. Replacing the manager doesn't guarantee anything , we all know that but sometimes you've got to roll the dice and have a go because as things stand we are virtually guaranteed relegation.

Totally agree we've got to have a go. We can't carry on with this crap.

You think we were good today ?

Wow

Yes, really. I felt we fought hard, showed quality at times, and caused a lot of problems. Villa were at their best, even though we didn't give them a second on the ball, and I felt sure we'd snatch a point until the referee's ridiculous intervention.

I fully understand why a manager should focus on appalling errors by Moore and Schlupp, and there were others by Konchesky and, again, Moore. But even bearing those in mind I feel that it was yet another good performance with no return.

Based on what we have seen for over 2 months of football no i dont believe we would.

2 points from 10 games and 23 games to go hmmmmm.

And what would you have said to relegation thoughts after the United game? The picture can change very quickly in football.

I think if Pearson was to go, one or two of the players would want out too.

Unless it was Cambiasso, I can't think why. Where would they go? I doubt any other PL sides are queueing up for them. The most wanted may well be Mahrez, and there have to be some question marks about how well he gets on with Pearson anyway.

I think my patience has finally snapped. I'm very much against sacking managers generally and very much pro-Pearson, but I can't see us winning a game as we are at the moment.

Yes, the players might be loyal to Pearson and he has built up a great infrastructure at the club, but we're simply not getting results in this league!

Maybe it's time.

Well, we have gotten results earlier in the season with the same core of players, so something tells me it's not so much the players per se, but something's taken a huge toll after surrendering that 2-1 lead against Burnley.

We've somehow never looked the same ever since.

I still believe in this squad as well as the manager and can't wait for January.

Well, we have gotten results earlier in the season with the same core of players, so something tells me it's not so much the players per se, but something's taken a huge toll after surrendering that 2-1 lead against Burnley.

We've somehow never looked the same ever since.

I still believe in this squad as well as the manager and can't wait for January.

Early in the season we were playing clubs who were suffering a World Cup hangover, and the opposition hadn't found us out yet.

Post Man U we have found our level. Bottom.

I've always been 100% behind Pearson but not sure anymore. Even the games we won were a bit flukey. 1-0 v stoke we scraped through. 5-3 was a bit of a fluke vs shocking defending. The only game we were convincing in was vs Burnley. We are too naive and don't seem to pressure teams anymore. If Pulis or Steve Clarke would come Pearsons number could be up

I don't agree with your Pulis 'no chance'. As for MON, you might stand a chance of employing him in a consultancy role if it doesn't use up too much of his time, and if he either wishes to keep one foot in the PL or regrets opting for Sunderland ahead of us a few years back. But I doubt it. He never seemed to like the idea of people challenging a manager's authority, and there remains that major issue of him not wanting to sully his record at Leicester.

What's O'Neill in a "consultancy role" supposed to help us this season? Leave those nostalgia blinkers at home, focus on the task ahead and realize we all need to pull in one direction to get results and also need lady luck swinging our way in the games to come.

I think, in almost every game since Burnley at home, we've suffered from at least one big lapse of concentration and it's now up to the coaching staff and the manager to finally get rid of the last few pieces of that attitude.

All in all, I can't criticize the team on the whole that much. It's not like they're not trying. But some of the decisions so far against us have been farcical and individual mistakes have cost us dearly.

Early in the season we were playing clubs who were suffering a World Cup hangover, and the opposition hadn't found us out yet.

Post Man U we have found our level. Bottom.

We've only been bottom for the past few days, so there you go.

Results have been cruel, yet we usually come away as losers by a fine margin. It can't take that much to amass points once more.

The one thing in our favour is that the team still seem to back Nigel.

I suspect that he will go this week, but I will be sorry to see it happen.

Very few of our players have made the step up to this division, but they are mostly young and may be Premier League in the future. The alternative view is that we need to start again from scratch, and that cannot be done in a month or with no one on the horizon who wants to sign for us.

My conclusion: stick with Nigel and his staff, and see what he can do. The alternative is no better, and possibly worse.

Archived