Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

Now... I'm not sure what side this sways the argument but, this was Southampton's start up to now the season they were promoted.. I know they had a lot more about their squad but here it is...

xqm2v7.jpg

Saints stuck to Adkins until January (ironically when they started picking up wins!)

They ended up 14th, only one place above where they were when he left.

So... Southampton went unbeaten from Boxing Day to 20th January. Patience is difficult, especially when we are playing this badly and losing to teams around us who we thought were "Luckily worse than us", but perhaps there really is a run around the corner and that a busy Christmas period is exactly what we need to put some sort of run together.

I really don't know, i'm firmly on the fence but I thought the Saints example was a good one!

We still have one more point than Sunderland did after 16 games last season and we know how they ended up.

However, they did have a lunatic in charge for the first 2 months of the season.

We still have one more point than Sunderland did after 16 games last season and we know how they ended up.

However, they did have a lunatic in charge for the first 2 months of the season.

And they had a bloke in charge with vast Premier League managerial exp....

Oh.

The season is as good as over and we need to build for an instant return from the Championship next season. All that,will happen under Pearson is that we will go down with 20 ish points and our confidence wrecked.

Time to look forward, not back. We're going down, but let's at least do it with a modicum of pride.

I take back the statement I have made on several occasions that Bilo knows what he's on about regarding football.

He's clearly lost the dressing room.

lol

Seriously, where do you take the energy to write stuff like that? Would you like us to forfeit every single one of the remaining 23 games in this division?

We're hardly way off safety. Lost by small margins in most cases, don't look far off pace with the rest of the bottom half of the table. We've been unlucky, clumsy and slow at times - attributes which we've brought onto ourselves but the dedication and high spirits are all there.

Somebody tell them to pull that switch and finally start firing on all cylinders.

We need more cohesion, more PL talent and with the right signings in January, we can definitely go places.

The trouble is whilst other sides are marginally improving we are really getting worse with every passing game.

I really hope we stay up but we are running out of games we have a chance to win. Let's face it we are most likely going to get zero points from the next three matches. I would say there at least 8 games left we have absolutely no chance of winning meaning realistically we need to win 10 out of the others. That would be pretty much top 6 form.

Relegated to league one, in the doldrums, Pearson comes in and TURNS IT AROUND.

Squad destroyed by Sousa and Sven, full of mercenaries, desperately needing costs cutting, Pearson comes in and TURNS IT AROUND.

Bad run of form, nearly costs us a play off place, players short on confidence, Nigel Pearson TURNS IT AROUND.

Premier league, barely spent a penny, lose against Liverpool and away at Villa, Leicester fans: fvckin sack him he'll never turn it around.

"Keep the faith" they said. Have a look at yourselves.

You're making it sound as though he turned up halfway through the last run and turned it around quickly to get us a place in the playoffs. That didn't happen. We ended up in the playoffs because of how well we started in the season and it took him until the start of the next season to turn it around. And people don't want him gone for losing 2 matches, they want him gone for the manner of the losses and the fact that whilst we're stuck in another slump he's as clueless as he was last time, in a division lower than this.

The trouble is whilst other sides are marginally improving we are really getting worse with every passing game.

I really hope we stay up but we are running out of games we have a chance to win. Let's face it we are most likely going to get zero points from the next three matches. I would say there at least 8 games left we have absolutely no chance of winning meaning realistically we need to win 10 out of the others. That would be pretty much top 6 form.

I don't know about that. I don't see it as us getting worse - it's critical and basic mistakes being made by different players from one game to another: Schlupp's comical marking, Mahrez's and De Laet's poor tracking back, Morgan's clearances, Schmeichel's hesitance, Nugent's lack of goalscoring prowess...

And on this level, this proves costly.

On tonight's phone-in, they were talking about a learning curve. I personally hope each and every one of our players is willing to analyze those errors and is willing to work on eradicating them.

The level of play in the Premier League is exceptionally high - you get punished so much more easily.

In some ways, we've been unlucky. Then again, we've now had to realize we should've gone for two or three more experienced (Premier League) players, just like Cambiasso.

Upson I'll forgive because he's been hit with a long-term injury.

Having said that, the owners or Robinson might as well have restricted summer signings due to financial constraints - with the official numbers having been handed in a few days ago, expensive signings could or could have broken our neck/endangered the club's existence.

The rumour I have heard is that we will stick with Pearson and give him money to spend in the jan transfer window

Might aswell get behind him

Come on you Foxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's best since we aren't actually that far off in any of our defeats. I just hope we can find the right players.

On a side note, if NP does manage to turn our form around again, I wonder if it will finally make his detractors shut up for good, or if they'll just lie in wait for the next opportune moment to get moany.

If I am really honest I'm not that struck on big Nige personally. He is our best manager since Martin O'God but that really isn't saying much considering the dross we've had inbetween.

However I am a big fan of stability so i suppose it could be what is best for the time being

Anyway onwards and upwards hopefully

On a side note, if NP does manage to turn our form around again, I wonder if it will finally make his detractors shut up for good, or if they'll just lie in wait for the next opportune moment to get moany.

This post sums up a lot for me. for some reason we have a manager who has some fans who will follow him whatever happens. I follow leicester. I've criticised Pearson in the past, and praised him last season. For me, following leicester City is just that. I don't follow Nigel Pearson. He is our manager and I expect him to do a job for us. I don't wait in the wings to criticise. I have even seen some posters on here suggest that it's ok if we go down as Pearson will lead us back! How naieve! These supporters obviously didn't live through the years since our last relegation. If we go down the club would go through a period of instability and God knows how many seasons stuck in the championship.

Relegation would be a complete disaster. After years of shit players and shit results we finally got it together and got out of that damn awful league. This isn't about Pearson. This is about securing our future in the premier league. At the moment this has to be seriously in doubt. We have lost or drawn to most of the teams in the bottom half. We can't pick a settled team, too many players look out of their depth. I'm sorry, but If sacking NP means keeping our status then we MUST act quickly.

If we fail to win any by Mid-jan and are cut adrift will the pearson lovers admit he's not cut out for the job? Or will you all harp back on again about the past and what's he's done at championship level?

I want him to turn it around and I appreciate what he's done over the past few years in reshaping the club however people are entitled to want him out, if you didn't know the background of the manager but got presented with this from the last 10 games i reckon not many people would consider them a good enough at this level:

played 10

Won 0

Drawn 2

Lost 8

Played against 7 of the bottom 8 teams

Forget what's he's done in the past for a moment and it doesn't make for good reading, maybe he can turn it around but 'maybe' doesn't get you three points and move you to safety!

As I said I want him to turn it around but I'm not for keeping him for sentimental value like some are, if he isn't the right person for the job then despite what he's done with the club he shouldn't be in charge, some managers can only take a club so far, some are not cut out for certain divisions but thrive in others and I'm starting to believe Pearson is one of them, if he proves me wrong I'll happily eat my words but I just cannot see it

Can we just get one thing straight? We didn't spend 10 years out of the Premier League JUST because we were relegated. We were suffering the after effects of administration, we were getting deeper into debt with every passing season, buying bargain basement players and before Mandaric took over, there were rumours about us going out of business.

That will not be happening IF worst comes to worst and we go down. IF we go down, we'll go down in what looks like a very strong position to bounce straight back, stronger and wiser. Relegation will not be the end of the world.

Can we just get one thing straight? We didn't spend 10 years out of the Premier League JUST because we were relegated. We were suffering the after effects of administration, we were getting deeper into debt with every passing season, buying bargain basement players and before Mandaric took over, there were rumours about us going out of business.

That will not be happening IF worst comes to worst and we go down. IF we go down, we'll go down in what looks like a very strong position to bounce straight back, stronger and wiser. Relegation will not be the end of the world.

I disagree. There is no guarantee the owners would stay if we went down. One thing for sure is the squad would be ripped apart. It would be a rebuild on the field as an absolute minimum. This as we know can take years.

Relegation WOULD be a disaster. There are lots of capable clubs in the championship. Not to mention the complete cloud of depression that would hang over the clubs supporters. Back to 22,000 at home, crappy teams etc. we have the premiership in our hands now, but at the moment we seem to want to play like a star struck championship side who is there for the crack.

I agree.

Bringing in another manager (who would demand funds to splash about on new players) or getting Nigel to chuck money about in January are not the actions of a club that will thrive in future seasons.

Nigel IN.

If we go down I believe that it will be more difficult to get back up than before.

Last season we were promoted with NP stating that the players that got us there deserved their chance to prove themselves in the Premier League. Well by the end of this season they will have had that chance and unless there are significant improvements, we will be back in the Championship.

The result of that will be that any players that are PL status may well leave; the remainder will stay but will not have the same motivation to succeed. If City were to get promoted next season those same players would be facing the exit having already failed to prove that they are good enough for the PL - not the greatest incentive. So we will be faced with a period of rebuilding.

I believe that the current squad is currently underachieving, the discipline and confidence appear to be on the decline and I can't see where the necessary improvements are coming from. I don't believe that changing the manager is a magic wand that will pull us out of this mess, but the choice of manager is up to the owners, they've put huge amounts of money into the club and it's their call as to how to move forward.

I disagree. There is no guarantee the owners would stay if we went down. One thing for sure is the squad would be ripped apart. It would be a rebuild on the field as an absolute minimum. This as we know can take years.

Relegation WOULD be a disaster. There are lots of capable clubs in the championship. Not to mention the complete cloud of depression that would hang over the clubs supporters. Back to 22,000 at home, crappy teams etc. we have the premiership in our hands now, but at the moment we seem to want to play like a star struck championship side who is there for the crack.

Would the squad be ripped apart? I'd seriously doubt anyone in the PL has looked at some of our players on this season showing and thought 'he could do a job for us'. We are one of the top wage payers in the Championship, so they would be very little attraction to move on. 

The club is far more stable than last time since relegation. We aren't on the cusp of administration or having to try and pay off a brand new stadium. 

If we go down I believe that it will be more difficult to get back up than before.

Last season we were promoted with NP stating that the players that got us there deserved their chance to prove themselves in the Premier League. Well by the end of this season they will have had that chance and unless there are significant improvements, we will be back in the Championship.

The result of that will be that any players that are PL status may well leave; the remainder will stay but will not have the same motivation to succeed. If City were to get promoted next season those same players would be facing the exit having already failed to prove that they are good enough for the PL - not the greatest incentive. So we will be faced with a period of rebuilding.

I believe that the current squad is currently underachieving, the discipline and confidence appear to be on the decline and I can't see where the necessary improvements are coming from. I don't believe that changing the manager is a magic wand that will pull us out of this mess, but the choice of manager is up to the owners, they've put huge amounts of money into the club and it's their call as to how to move forward.

Well it couldn't be any fvcking easier than how we pissed it last year.

I agree with you somewhat, but can't see many of our players being pinched. I disagree that if we got promoted again we would do something different. Alot of our players are not only young but inexperienced so even if we were to go down this year, would adapt better to the Premier League the following season due to having this valuable experience of playing at a higher level. If you look at QPR a few of their players (Hoilett etc) didn't look up to much when they went down, but have came on for having that Premier League experience.

Ofcourse this is all hypothetical as I think we will just about keep our heads above water this year so lets not look to far into the future.

I'm in no particular camp mainly because I think the players need to sort themselves out just as much. However I hate people coming on the radio and saying stupid sh*t like "We should keep Pearson, definitely, we will get relegated but I have every faith he will bring us back up again". This statement is unbelievaly stupid and naive. Do people want to spend year on year being the yoyo team that basically gets nowhere and has the endless anticipation and excitement of promotion followed by the endless missery and resignation of relegation? The general idea is to get promoted and stay promoted isn't it? And who says if we got relegated we would bounce straight back? I seem to remember people saying the same thing 10 years ago...

THIS. I dont really want to advocate NP being sacked but we need to seperate last years success from what looks like this season's disaster. This term Pearson's remit was to keep us up and it looks like it's not happening. IF we can find someone who can do a better job, then we should be getting the job done. I for one do not think that the club being relegated, with all that means for the club, considering financial fair play and it's consequences, is a 'shrug your shoulders' situation that we should just leave to see what happens. The powers that be need to be proactive with so much at stake.

Archived