Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

So why bring on a winger when we now have no height up front?

Surely Wood came on ten or so minutes before he brought the winger on?

I remember the instance when he played Ulloa and Wood together up front with no wingers, and still think that was one of the strangest things I've ever seen a manager do, but I'm not sure there were too many aberrations today from Pearson.

My behaviour on here?

What are you gibbering on about, have you been drinking? It's a chat page not a real pub.

We were 1 point of 14th a little while ago, we're likely to be 6 or 7 points of 17th when the transfer window opens.

I don't want to throw the towel in but it's increasingly hard not to when sat with a 9 year old who asks why we've just taken off the target man and brought on a winger and mentions that teams who are winning bring on subs in the 88th (QPR obviously). He has already accepted that we're going down, I just don't want him to be ridiculed at school by us being one of the worst sides ever which is what we currently resemble.

Glad you can be positive but at what point does reality click in for you?

All just fear-mongering from a constant source of negativity.

And it seems it's rubbing off on the junior.

Maybe instead of letting the kid getting ridiculed at school on a regular basis, you could teach him how to counter it. By being smart about it.

But hey - now you're even starting to use a child as a point in case against the manager and to prove how miserable this run feels for you?

Sounds desperate to me.

He brought on Nugent, later he brought on Wood for height.

He brought on Wood twenty minutes later.

Nugent is poor in the air and Wood is even worse.

You don't make a substitution in the 88th when you're losing, give the player a chance of changing the game.

All just fear-mongering from a constant source of negativity.

And it seems it's rubbing off on the junior.

Maybe instead of letting the kid getting ridiculed at school on a regular basis, you could teach him how to counter it. By being smart about it.

But hey - now you're even starting to use a child as a point in case against the manager and to prove how miserable this run feels for you?

Sounds desperate to me.

I am desperate, desperate for a win, desperate to stay up, desperate to be proud of my team.

I wasn't negative last season but became increasingly so over the summer months as much needed improvements to the first eleven failed to arrive.

As for it being fear mongering, based on 2 points from 10 I'd think that me expecting 1 at most from the next 3 is being positive.

How many points do you really think we'll have come January 2nd?

Another Pearsonite gone from our sect :(

I'm not gone. I'm just struggling to defend him at this moment in time. We make the same mistakes every single game. Our style of football is the worst in the division by an absolute mile and we look every bit out of our depth.

I've got to say... I think Pearson would take us down and I think a replacement would take us down. We lack quality so badly that we will keep losing this month and become so far adrift by the time January kicks in that it it'll be too late. In terms of points, we aren't far off - but will we pick up those points? No chance. We're relying on slip ups already.

We're going.

Nugent is poor in the air and Wood is even worse.

You don't make a substitution in the 88th when you're losing, give the player a chance of changing the game.

Wood came on in the 66th minute, Albrighton in the 78th.

I think you're having a bit of a 'mare tonight, hackney. Getting all kinds of things mixed up.

Unlike most of the kids at school he sticks with Leicester while they swap between Chelsea and Arsenal.

He can also turn round and give them the old 'well at least I went to the game' line.

Unfortunately that only cuts it for so long.

Wood came on in the 66th minute, Albrighton in the 78th.

I think you're having a bit of a 'mare tonight, hackney. Getting all kinds of things mixed up.

That's tonight

QPR we brought Albrighton and Nugent  on for Ulloa and Mahrez in the 60th and King in the 88th.

That is why I wrote:

I don't want to throw the towel in but it's increasingly hard not to when sat with a 9 year old who asks why we've just taken off the target man and brought on a winger and mentions that teams who are winning bring on subs in the 88th (QPR obviously)

Who's having a mare?

Unlike most of the kids at school he sticks with Leicester while they swap between Chelsea and Arsenal.

He can also turn round and give them the old 'well at least I went to the game' line.

Unfortunately that only cuts it for so long.

Try the "promotion" angle instead.

I doubt the other kids would understand the meaning behind the concept of promotion.

Heck, what am I saying? Their dads probably, too. :D

Then there's the 46-games-a-season aspect, shows you know what you're talking about. Pretty good argument in my eyes.

That's tonight

QPR we brought Albrighton and Nugent  on for Ulloa and Mahrez in the 60th and King in the 88th.

That is why I wrote:

I don't want to throw the towel in but it's increasingly hard not to when sat with a 9 year old who asks why we've just taken off the target man and brought on a winger and mentions that teams who are winning bring on subs in the 88th (QPR obviously)

Who's having a mare?

You didn't explain the context - "teams who are winning bring on subs in the 88th (QPR obviously)" doesn't exactly state you're talking about Leicester substitutions, does it?

Even though I voted yes before this game in the other thread I did want him to turn it around, I would have happily have eaten my words if he could but I just can't see how he will do it!

Changing manager might not work but keeping Pearson isn't at the minute so why not take a chance? He's clearly not cut out for this level and that's shown over the past 10 games, I could understand if they were all against top 10 teams but we've played teams from 12-19 and picked up 2 points! He overestimated the players we had in the summer, granted I did the same I thought a number could make the step up but I also expressed we lacked premier league quality and a bad run could erase the "feel good factor" from promotion, I wanted him to succeed and for the team to finish 17th, I didn't expect them to take the league by storm but it's been dismal and I think it's time to consider replacing him before it becomes way too late

The problem is whoever comes in would need to buy around 8 decent players.

I feel for Pearson. He put his trust and belief in the players who did so well last season but the truth is they have let him and us down. Lots happy to take their four year contracts, well what a waste of money most of those look now.

Even last season we struggled to win quite a number of games convincingly. It was pretty obvious our strikers wouldn't be good enough at this level and the defence had serious question marks over it.

We played 3 premier league teams last season. Man City won at a canter, Stoke played us off the pitch for 70 mins and we sneaked past a poor Fulham side who were relegated.

Huffing and puffing and running around a lot can only get you so far, I'm starting to wonder if we have a single player of the necessary quality. Our players don't have good enough technical skills and their quickness of thought and reading the game is championship standard and it shows.

We are now paying for the gross underinvestment in the summer when money was wasted securing long term conteracts to players unproven at this level. The ten years in the wilderness don't seem to have taught us much and in the meantime the Premier Lague has moved on massively. The gap is growing and will only get bigger.

Of course a couple of unlikely results and things might look different.it is hard to see why we should get any more than 0 points from the next three games. Unfortunately even 20 points looks very unlikely at the moment. We had a great opportunity to invest in the future of the club when we gained promotion so early last season. It seems that advantage was not grasped and we look relegation certainties at the moment.

What a waste.

You didn't explain the context - "teams who are winning bring on subs in the 88th (QPR obviously)" doesn't exactly state you're talking about Leicester substitutions, does it?

Apologies, slightly the worse for wear but as I also mentioned taking off a target man and bringing on a winger whilst also mentioning the 88th min sub I thought it was fairly clear I was talking about the QPR game. Perhaps not but for me that was when he proved, once again, that his substiutions are bizarre.

On current form it will take 23 games to get 4 points

But form does fluctuate. Not saying anything is certain, but I highly doubt we're going to carry on like this without picking up a win(s) somewhere. (Though I am starting to worry because performances, not just results, have been poor for a while now).

Wood doesn't win anything in the air anyway. 

I mentioned that later, so why bother, Albrighton and Ulloa should play together, no Ulloa then don't bother playing Albrighton, but sadly NFP continues with this and then uses that as a reason not to start Albrighton. He may not be good enough but NFP rated him highly enough to buy him so at least give the poor sod a decent run.

But form does fluctuate. Not saying anything is certain, but I highly doubt we're going to carry on like this without picking up a win(s) somewhere. (Though I am starting to worry because performances, not just results, have been poor for a while now).

How many did we get in 16 the other year?

How many did Derby get in their Premier year?

How many did we get in 16 the other year?

How many did Derby get in their Premier year?

I know. That's why I also said "nothing is certain". 

Worth noting Derby changed manager, too. Doesn't always work.

Archived