Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

Let's get Pulis or someone foreign? lol

**** me, I'd rather hand over selection of a new manager back to John Elsom than some people on here.

We're Leicester City, the squad and the manager is what represents us! I would like to see how the current Leicester City fares in the Premiership for more than just 16 games. This is the squad and management that got us here, I'm more than happy to see them given a proper crack at it. January has a transfer window for a reason, and I'm sure the Thais and NP knew full well that the would most likely have to use it to its full advantage!

I for one don't want to see someone like Pulis come in, bring his own players in to replace the players I love seeing pull that blue jersey on with pride every week, having done so when we were in the Championship, and celebrated with us last season, and also agonised with us against Watford. If one of Pulis' boys came in at the expense of Kingy, James or DD, it wouldn't be the same. Don't people want to see US do well. It's been a long journey but we're here now, so let's just let them do it! If they fail, they fail. I don't want to see any of them branded a failure prematurely!

If we'd got rid of Drinky after his awful end to the season a couple of years back, we would've been nowhere near as dominant last season, that's just one example.

we can all play that game.

how are palace and southampton doing?

Admit it guys, you became too attached to the manager on a personal level. He is an employee, nothing more.

So that just proves that it can go either way and it's not as clearcut as either side of the argument seems to think!

Bringing in Pulis will not guarantee survival. I don't care what anyone says on him. He's done well in the past, granted. However, some people seem to think he will come in, wave a magic wand and we will be comfortably safe. That's just not the case.

On the other hand, not sacking Pearson could be equally as bad. We could continue the way we are and it really won't take long for us to be relegated.

The problem I have is that a few people who are against Pearson staying seem to think that all those supporting him are doing so purely for sentimental reasons. They think that "Pearsonites" are supporting the man and not the club, when, in fact, there are some very good points for keeping him. First of all, his players are playing for him 100%. There can be no doubts that the players are behind their manager and that both are working hard to turn our form around. That's a massive plus in my book. Once the attitude of the players changes, it's time for a change of Manager (although there's an argument that the players might not be good enough yet). Added to this, he knows the players and knows their strengths and weaknesses. It could take a new man time to adjust to our squad that we just don't have. Plus then a new man might want to spend the sort of money we aren't willing to spend to try and turn us around. Another thing to look at is how we've turned poor runs around before under him, whether it was when he first came in after we were relegated or after that horrendous run in the Championship. One thing Pearson does seem to do is learn and improve every year. Sometimes it's a slow process but he has that scope for improvement as he learns in the Premier League. Some will argue "that was in the Championship, that means nothing now". Well, that's true to some extent but it's not too inconceivable to think that he will have learnt a lot that will help him this season and help him improve further. What I'm trying to say is that keeping hold of this manager could be beneficial to the club, as not only do the players back him but he has a history of turning us (and in some ways other clubs) around.

On the other side, there are those that think the "anti-Pearson brigade" hate the man and, again, want him out for personal reasons. There are also many very good points for changing the manager. His slow learning process might be too slow to be of benefit to the club. You could question our record at set pieces and, given how important they seem in determining fine lines in this league, point the finger at the manager for these faults. To some extent I'd agree but there are a lot of individual as well as organisational errors going on here. There are good options out there. Pulis could be a solid bet. He has a great record and could make us put up the fight we need. It's not like there aren't managers out there to help us. Also some of Pearson's tinkering earlier in the season could have cost us our place in this division.

My view is that we have the right man in charge and I back the club to make the right decisions to keep us in the Premier League. I'm just not going to completely rule out either side as things like this really are in the balance.

Sorry it is plain as a sunny day we are very badly organised. A liverpool friend told me we are the worst team they have played in the past 2 seasons.

This is most defenitly not down to just the players, alot of it is bad coaching/strategy. Set pieces are coached. Defending is coached. Manager picks the players, the formation, the subs.

If you think the manager doesnt have an impact why employ one?

Not to mention these players, were backed by pearson to be good enough for the job.

The problem isnt just the results, but its also we not even competing. We dont even look like winning games. I didnt even celebrate when we scored against villa e.g. as we were been totally outplayed and I knew we would concede.

Its got to the point that we need to get a good thrashing to make the owners wake up.

Whilst cambiasso is unproven so is swansea's manager.

Cambiasso what he does have is many seasons at the top level, so he may well know more about how to compete than pearson does.

Can't you at least give Pearson and his squad the benefit of the doubt? Yes, we've lost a lot of games recently. Who says we can't get back to winning ways soon?

What do Liverpool fans know? Have you seen Liverpool play as of late? They're appalling (with regards to the standards they're setting themselves each season).

Coaching corners or free-kicks goes only that far. Of course, they are training those standards during the week, applying it during a game is an entirely different matter. That part is up to the players, not the manager.

The difference between Cambiasso and Monk is that the latter knows the Premier League or at least English league football inside out. Besides, I didn't know Cambiasso already had coaching badges to his name?

Pearson should not be sacked.

We p*ssed the Champ with a good Championship team, Pearson gave the players the chance to prove themselves to make the step up in the Prem, so far they've let him down, bar a few good results. I think we all know which one(s) I mean...

(I won't repeat them, cause I'm getting sick of people referring to them. It's about what we do now, not what we've done in the past. We're Leicester, not Forest, banging on about the past. Let it go) 

Let's be honest, our summer recruitment was average, but personally I think that's because Pearson wanted to give the current squad a chance to prove themselves. Our position in the table proves our squad isn't good enough for the Prem.

Now, if Pearson has confirmed we have money to spend, let him spend it, let him buy Premier League standard players, I'm not going to say who we should sign because that's Pearson's job. Then when or if he ever buys a squad good enough to get us out of the hole we're in, then you can judge him on his managerial ability.

He had the squad in the Championship and look what he did with that, now give him time to get his team for the Premier League and see where he will take us.

Give the bloke time. 

So many lazy thinkers it's unreal.

"How are Southampton & Palace doing".

Why do some have a tendency to ignore so many variables? How does either of those two changing their manager automatically mean it'll be a success here.

Pulis would take us down. Said it.

Pearson should not be sacked.

We p*ssed the Champ with a good Championship team, Pearson gave the players the chance to prove themselves to make the step up in the Prem, so far they've let him down, bar a few good results. I think we all know which one(s) I mean...

(I won't repeat them, cause I'm getting sick of people referring to them. It's about what we do now, not what we've done in the past. We're Leicester, not Forest, banging on about the past. Let it go) 

Let's be honest, our summer recruitment was average, but personally I think that's because Pearson wanted to give the current squad a chance to prove themselves. Our position in the table proves our squad isn't good enough for the Prem.

Now, if Pearson has confirmed we have money to spend, let him spend it, let him buy Premier League standard players, I'm not going to say who we should sign because that's Pearson's job. Then when or if he ever buys a squad good enough to get us out of the hole we're in, then you can judge him on his managerial ability.

He had the squad in the Championship and look what he did with that, now give him time to get his team for the Premier League and see where he will take us.

Give the bloke time. 

If he hadn't given them a chance then the league would never ever see people come up from the Championship.

The financial reward in this league has made it so much worse. Either hit the ground running or you're out. Ridiculous.

Some people are starting to remind me of the scene with the FA discussing an appointment in The Damned United when they are talking about getting a new manager in.

'We're looking for a tracksuit manager' was the general consensus - They were all the rage at the time, the 'foreign manager' is the new 'tracksuit manager' for British football fans it appears.

Unsuprising to say we haven't been in a major final since 1966.

Some people are starting to remind me of the scene with the FA discussing an appointment in The Damned United when they are talking about getting a new manager in.

'We're looking for a tracksuit manager' was the general consensus - They were all the rage at the time, the 'foreign manager' is the new 'tracksuit manager' for British football fans it appears.

Unsuprising to say we haven't been in a major final since 1966.

The sooner people focus on the important stuff the better. Wouldn't have someone on the basis they were German or Spanish if they're a bad manager and wouldn't have a big Leicester fan on the basis they were a bad manager.

I do tend to think foreign managers/coaches are a lot better than ours though.

I do tend to think foreign managers/coaches are a lot better than ours though.

I agree, although that's because they invest far more in youth development coaching in those countries and only really allow anyone who has done them and is any good to get near positions of power.

I don't know if it's still the case now but when I was playing under 14/15/16 football the amount of contacts the dopiest 'get the ball up there to the big man' pub managers had was incredible, they were even the ones sending which players they though had a chance of making it to the clubs for trials rather than the clubs scouting themselves.

I dread to think how many potential top drawer players slipped through the cracks for not being tall or physical enough.

I agree, although that's because they invest far more in youth development coaching in those countries and only really allow anyone who has done them and is any good to get near positions of power.

I don't know if it's still the case now but when I was playing under 14/15/16 football the amount of contacts the dopiest 'get the ball up there to the big man' pub managers had was incredible, they were even the ones sending which players they though had a chance of making it to the clubs for trials rather than the clubs scouting themselves.

I dread to think how many potential top drawer players slipped through the cracks for not being tall or physical enough.

I think England is slowly moving on from that, but we're still a mile behind and will be for the foreseeable future. That's not to say all coaches in England are poor/clueless but could you imagine anyone with those tactics succeeding in Spain? No chance, and this is a country with about ten times as many coaches as us.

I'm still intrigued to see what happens with our youngsters now that Idiakez is in charge.

Here's another one: http://www.football365.com/big-weekend/9611476/A-Season-Of-Continuous-False-Dawns

With Pearson also accepting a charge for telling a home supporter to "f**k off and die", the fact that he remains in employment is bizarre. Sarah Winterburn wrote of their bizarre refusal to remember that Tony Pulis doesn't have a job.

It's quite worrying actually that a manager, for all his qualities, who has never finished above 11th in the Premier League, having spent so much money, is seen as some sort of managerial God whose pull is too strong to resist. Personally, I think they see struggling team and automatically believe Pulis can do it everywhere. Not taking into account that our wingers are not particularly great crossers of the ball, our midfield doesn't have a destroyer or much power, our big man up front isn't very mobile and our set pieces will take years of training ground work to make even half decent. Pulis is proud of his record of never being relegated but I think he'll lose it with us. Respectable manager, not the right team.

Err Cambiasso has even less experience of the Premier League than Pearson does?

Silly suggestion, get a grip - he and Monk are not comparable.

Cambiasso has been playing in top leagues for a number of years and has played under world class managers.

It doesnt guarantuee he will be a great manager I agree, but clearly pearson isnt capable.

Its really quite simple, if we dont change anything we going down.

If we make a change we "might" be ok.

Let's get Pulis or someone foreign? lol

**** me, I'd rather hand over selection of a new manager back to John Elsom than some people on here.

Shall I just leave this place, then your only reply is to take the piss?

What reason is there to keep pearson other than sentiment, been attached to the players and squad.

Pulis has never been relegated, he clearly knows what he is doing, but you dont understand this, many overseas managers have a style which works well in the premier league.

Here's another one: http://www.football365.com/big-weekend/9611476/A-Season-Of-Continuous-False-Dawns

With Pearson also accepting a charge for telling a home supporter to "f**k off and die", the fact that he remains in employment is bizarre. Sarah Winterburn wrote of their bizarre refusal to remember that Tony Pulis doesn't have a job.

It's quite worrying actually that a manager, for all his qualities, who has never finished above 11th in the Premier League, having spent so much money, is seen as some sort of managerial God whose pull is too strong to resist. Personally, I think they see struggling team and automatically believe Pulis can do it everywhere. Not taking into account that our wingers are not particularly great crossers of the ball, our midfield doesn't have a destroyer or much power, our big man up front isn't very mobile and our set pieces will take years of training ground work to make even half decent. Pulis is proud of his record of never being relegated but I think he'll lose it with us. Respectable manager, not the right team.

Right so 20th is better than 11th right?

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9609026/F365-Says

An argument for bringing Pulis in which I disagree with but the 14-point swing with Burnley can't be ignored.

am I missing something? how has there been a 14 point swing with burnley? we finished last season 9 points ahead of them and they're 5 points ahead of us, they didn't have to make those 9 points up. it's been a 5 point swing and if you are going to include last seasons points for some bizarre weird little reason, then we're currently 4 points clear of the burners.

WTF - did Pearson headbutt her Cocker Spaniel the other day?

What is it with this woman and her ridiculous stance and continuous media attacks on the manager?

And are football365 getting so wound up over it because they've lost a bet on who gets sacked first?

For me we've got to stick with nige till the bitter end, even if that's relegation, the players are playing for him from what I've seen, we've been unlucky and deserve more than we've got.

we're bound to get a result sooner or later but 3 points doss sound like shit loads right now.

little run over Christmas and things will look a lot brighter, deffo, trying to convince myself now, out.

Sorry rambling masheye

WTF - did Pearson headbutt her Cocker Spaniel the other day?

What is it with this woman and her ridiculous stance and continuous media attacks on the manager?

And are football365 getting so wound up over it because they've lost a bet on who gets sacked first?

What? I doubt there are anywhere near as many punters with bets on Pearson staying as those putting money on him getting the sack.  If anything they're delighted he's still here since they get to keep all of that money.

I really don't see why this is still open.

The club seem to have backed nige.

They have sacked the DOF so we can only deduce he fvcked up not nige in the summer.

So yes Nige has made misstakes but if not supported why is it all down to him if not given the tools to work with.

I really don't see why this is still open.

The club seem to have backed nige.

They have sacked the DOF so we can only deduce he fvcked up not nige in the summer.

So yes Nige has made misstakes but if not supported why is it all down to him if not given the tools to work with.

Well there is a footy match today, and depending on the performance, and Nigel's inability to control his emotions, this thread could go on for ages!!

Archived