Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

It's not as if we don't have the financial backing.

This season had so much potential and its been utterly ruined by poor business in the summer.

The summer is gone... (there is no argument that we screwed up....)  But right now we have half the season to get out of this mess.  WE have the players we have - we have a manager who needs help...  I am unimpressed with the alternatives - but my love is not unconditional - The high ups need  either let Nigel go or help him sort it out - not leave him floundering.,.. we need a tactical coach to organise our team (Nigel is all over the place) - defending, set pieces, marking, starting 11 , impact subs... and we need a sport psychologist for nigel and the players... if you want something different to happen you have to change something...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Don't recall many of us say we ****ed up in the summer after we beat Man Utd 5-3...... God that seems like an eternity ago

That said I agree time for big Nige to step down I think

We offer nothing just huff and puff. Damage limitation every week and it's painful to watch

Another mention of THAT ****in result .shut the **** up about 5 3 you nugget.

One part of me is saying it's time for NIGE to go but the other side the realistic part of me is saying instability doesn't win points or games but then again were not picking up anything at all !

Do we go for the knee jerk reaction sack him now and regroup with a new manager or do we give him the January window to try and save us from a humiliating first season drop down back to the championship it's up to Nigel Pearson to sort things out is he the man for the job who knows but he needs to sort things out now otherwise goodbye premier league hello championship but all this talk of pulis sherwood etc are they better than what we have our lads need to pull up their sleeves and prove to the loyal fans they deserve their place in the squad! Undoubtedly we have players In the team that are not PREMIERLEAGUE quality PEARSON has been loyal to the squad that bought us up but has that loyalty been PEARSONS downfall ?

I'm really hoping we. Can turn things around and escape relegation in May and that will come round far too quickly after Christmas sort it out top stay or go its up to you and the board but the loyal fans have waited far to long to get back to the PL only to go back down after one season,make the right choice and save us from the drop !!

There was a time, six or seven games ago, when we spent a couple of weeks in the relegation zone and there were some strong arguments for Pearson to go. Once we decided to stick, it made sense for us to give him the January and beyond to sort it out.

I argued that we shouldn't get rid of him. I think it's time a few of us on here held our hands up and admitted that we were probably wrong. Five consecutive defeats, if that's what it is, says that I was wrong and he wasn't capable of turning it around after all. Literally nobody could have done any worse.

There was a time, six or seven games ago, when we spent a couple of weeks in the relegation zone and there were some strong arguments for Pearson to go. Once we decided to stick, it made sense for us to give him the January and beyond to sort it out.

I argued that we shouldn't get rid of him. I think it's time a few of us on here held our hands up and admitted that we were probably wrong. Five consecutive defeats, if that's what it is, says that I was wrong and he wasn't capable of turning it around after all. Literally nobody could have done any worse.

Agree...  I though he was the best guy to work with the players and sort it out - but Nigel is soo slow to sort stuff out.  I still belive changing manager is a big risk..., and am un impressed by the candidates...  but I can't see Nigel making progress...  It seems no one at the club is intervening to get help and have the right crisis planning to come up with a new approach...  if they don't then we will get more of the same ... and thus might as well find a new manger... 

SO do the owners1. help Nigel, 2. leave him to fail or 3. bring in a new guy who may well fail??? (I would go option 1) - I think they are going option 2.

Agree...  I though he was the best guy to work with the players and sort it out - but Nigel is soo slow to sort stuff out.  I still belive changing manager is a big risk..., and am un impressed by the candidates...  but I can't see Nigel making progress...  It seems no one at the club is intervening to get help and have the right crisis planning to come up with a new approach...  if they don't then we will get more of the same ... and thus might as well find a new manger... 

SO do the owners1. help Nigel, 2. leave him to fail or 3. bring in a new guy who may well fail??? (I would go option 1) - I think they are going option 2.

As it stands, I would probably stick with him now and hope he learns from his errors. Bu, if/when we go down,t it would be incredibly conservative for an ambitious second tier side to stick with a man who they are fairly sure won't be good enough at the highest level. That's why Aidy Boothroyd, John Gorman, Paul Jewell, Billy Davies etc. struggled to get the top 2nd tier jobs after their darkest hours in the PL.

But let's not kid ourselves. This isn't all about Terry Robinson. Burnley are proof that you can give an inferior side to ours a great shot at this level without spending big. Some of the manager's errors have been appalling. The very fact that De Laet was only dropped a week ago and Konchesky remained in the side today, when there were viable alternatives, is testament to that. These were major question marks last season, let alone this year. Then you look at the fact that we played King, who wasn't first choice during our best spell last season, and left out our top scorer in favour of a man who has scored six times less goals than him this season.

He has so far proven to be an exceptionally poor top flight manager. At this stage, tentatively, it may make sense to persist with him, so long as the chequebook isn't opened too liberally in January (after all, if our aim is to build a PL side for the future, there is no reason to believe he's the man to do it). But it looks like, at that critical moment, some of us were wrong to back him.

I dont think he could have any complaints tbh. Don't think the owners will get much stick, theyve been relatively patient.

Has to be tonight if they are going to though. Give Tony P 2 games to measure up the squad before giving him a blank cheque for the January sales.

I dont think he could have any complaints tbh. Don't think the owners will get much stick, theyve been relatively patient.

Has to be tonight if they are going to though. Give Tony P 2 games to measure up the squad before giving him a blank cheque for the January sales.

O'Neill used to say every manager is just half a dozen games from the sack. Well Pearson has had twice that. Had we taken the plunge after six, we might have a much better chance of staying up.

At this stage I'd stick with him, six games ago I was sticking with him, but it's clear that - on the latter, at least - I was completely wrong.

I agree. I have been a Pearson supporter but its getting hard to defend him.

Though blank chequebook is bit scary.

The first thing any manager would do if they came in is get a striker and a left back konchesky is shit he's had his day or play Jeff there. What the hell are we going to do when probably out best player mahrez and jeff go to acon they start every game for us? I don't know if getting rid of Pearson is the answer but we are well and truly in the shit.

I'm actually feeling very sick of the whole thing tonight. Pearson is coming across like an arrogant tit at the moment, the players are boycotting radio Leicester, we are rooted at the bottom and looking like not winning another game for God knows how long.

What a shambles of a season so far. I never thought it would be as bad as this. Very upsetting to be honest.

The rate it is going the team will have such a losing mentality by the start of next season that there'll be no chance of an instant promotion. 2 points out of what will be almost 40 when we lose to spurs is unacceptable whatever league your in and he deserves the sack on that alone.

I'm actually feeling very sick of the whole thing tonight. Pearson is coming across like an arrogant tit at the moment, the players are boycotting radio Leicester, we are rooted at the bottom and looking like not winning another game for God knows how long.

What a shambles of a season so far. I never thought it would be as bad as this. Very upsetting to be honest.

this is spot on plus for me it doesn't look like we're having a good go at trying to stay up, 10 championship player starting every week the balance of player is not right

this is spot on plus for me it doesn't look like we're having a good go at trying to stay up, 10 championship player starting every week the balance of player is not right

Cheers fella.

At the end of the day we are all City fans. When I saw who we'd signed in the summer my first thought was one of surprise. Surprise that anyone really thought the likes of Upson, Albrighton, even Cambiasso (he's been the best of a bad bunch to be fair I suppose) could be good enough at this level.

But hand on heart, I never thought we'd be this bad. Not this bad.

And as a season ticket holder, a fan of donkey's years and SO pleased that we got promoted after ten long, hard bloody years, to see us going to shite like this is upsetting.

I'm one who has never warmed to Pearson, the man. I respect him for his achievements last season, but I never warmed to him as a bloke. His antics recently are turning me off completely. As is our football.

Very upsetting time. We need SOMETHING, ANYTHING to get us going again.

Cheers fella.

At the end of the day we are all City fans. When I saw who we'd signed in the summer my first thought was one of surprise. Surprise that anyone really thought the likes of Upson, Albrighton, even Cambiasso (he's been the best of a bad bunch to be fair I suppose) could be good enough at this level.

But hand on heart, I never thought we'd be this bad. Not this bad.

And as a season ticket holder, a fan of donkey's years and SO pleased that we got promoted after ten long, hard bloody years, to see us going to shite like this is upsetting.

I'm one who has never warmed to Pearson, the man. I respect him for his achievements last season, but I never warmed to him as a bloke. His antics recently are turning me off completely. As is our football.

Very upsetting time. We need SOMETHING, ANYTHING to get us going again.

Agree 100%

It is time.

Agree 100%

It is time.

Don't get me wrong, I STILL ain't sure whether a managerial change is the right thing. Amazing thing to say really, given the circumstances. But the question has to be asked surely?

I'm actually surprised the Thais are being as patient as they have been. Relegation for them must surely be financial suicide?

I guess we'll see in the next week or so.

Archived