Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

I don't have to justify Tony Pulis's record as a manager. It speaks for itself. Most of the stuff I've read on here from the "anti" Pulis camp keep trotting out that his "style" is no good. Fine! Seems to have served him well though his career, don't you think? 

As for the losing football comment I made, that is self evident. How often do you read some of our fans keep moaning about "hoofball" after a loss? Don't seem to be so critical when this "hoofball" had just gained us 3 points as it has done on numerous counts during the past few seasons under Pearson.

Because he's had the players to play that style - we don't. Trying to play hoofball with these players would be a disaster - as we've already shown this season.

Anyone is entitled to an opinion Harry. Just seems to me that some folk would rather watch losing football in the pursuit of perfection. Pulis has a track record of over achieving at all the clubs he's managed. If you don't like him, then fine! But don't come up with utter bullshit that the man ain't good enough.

So did Ian Holloway.

there are people out there who feel they deserve what they want so much that they feel they can attack the people who aren't giving it to them.

That's a very good point - there is a sense of entitlement - but I think that's true of most things in society, not just football.

It appears most on here must be left wing social or council workers as they believe Pearson should have the job for life no matter how often he fails.

Football is a iittle different to the trade unions etc so you all need to smell the coffee.

Would be interesting to know what the Pearsonites would agree Pearson would have to do to be sacked - Div 4 - non league for example or does he simply have a job for life in your opinion

So come on lets have true justification and state what he would have to do in your eyes to be sacked.

Pearson out and the sooner the better for me

All this talk of disaster to bring Pulis in - it is a disaster now and can't get any worse - open your eyes

MattP you've been found out!

Busted.

How did this awful word 'Pearsonites' come about?

Surely it should be 'People who are a little more patient than the angry mob' although I admit it's not quite as catchy...

I'm baffled as to why they seem to think it's an insult, I happily wear the term as a badge of honour.

Certainly more bearable than being a Penis (sorry Pulis) 'ite'

I disagree.

Changing managers every time it gets tough is a recipe for disaster.

We, more than most, should know this.

tell that to southampton.

their chairman realised the manager who got them promtoed couldnt hack it in the EPL and made a change for the better.

Keeping Pearson would be the best way to get a return from the Championship. The players haven't lost faith they are playing for NP

isnt it better to not get relegated?

where is your fight?

I am expecting either player personnel changes in jan or a manager change, if neither happen it will be what the hell.

Better to do it now while the gap is 4 points than wait till February when it's 15.

also so the new manager has a transfer window as well.

I think pearson has had enough time to try and prove himself.

pulis is out of work, knows how to keep teams up.

Why am I making these comments?

I think a lot of our problems are down to coaching.

We are no threat on set pieces, set pieces are important at this level, also we cannot hold onto a lead to save our life, yet pearson's strength is defense. He is out of his depth. Sometimes manager's cannot make the step up, it is what it is, people shouldnt be getting attached to the manager.

I'm sick of making excuses,we looked relegation fodder today.

Put Cambiasso in temporary charge,and with his contacts lets see what happens

My suggestion would either be pulis (but as some have said he may be scared off given we already adrift), or someone foreign. I actually wouldnt be against cambiasso, he probably has more pulling power for players than pearson can dream off and has played under great managers.

also so the new manager has a transfer window as well.

I think pearson has had enough time to try and prove himself.

pulis is out of work, knows how to keep teams up.

Why am I making these comments?

I think a lot of our problems are down to coaching.

We are no threat on set pieces, set pieces are important at this level, also we cannot hold onto a lead to save our life, yet pearson's strength is defense. He is out of his depth. Sometimes manager's cannot make the step up, it is what it is, people shouldnt be getting attached to the manager.

What? As an unproven manager in the Premier League (which we all knew for years beforehand, btw - not since yesterday), 16 games (or around 20 once January arrives) are all you're giving him?

If we had a manager in charge with previous Premier League experience who had us lingering at the bottom of the table, then I'd share the negative outlook to a certain part.

There's nothing to fall back to in terms of comparison with Pearson, this season is a premiere in many ways (manager, players, owners, fans, etc.).

Pulis is not the answer and he can also fail (wherever he's taking over in the near future).

A lot of our problems are based on players and their individual mistakes from game to game. You can only coach and prepare the squad up to a certain point, what happens on the pitch is down to the players mostly.

Newcastle and West Ham are reaping the rewards of sticking with their managers through tough times. How are Cardiff and Fulham doing?

we can all play that game.

how are palace and southampton doing?

Admit it guys, you became too attached to the manager on a personal level. He is an employee, nothing more.

What? As an unproven manager in the Premier League (which we all knew for years beforehand, btw - not since yesterday), 16 games (or around 20 once January arrives) are all you're giving him?

If we had a manager in charge with previous Premier League experience who had us lingering at the bottom of the table, then I'd share the negative outlook to a certain part.

There's nothing to fall back to in terms of comparison with Pearson, this season is a premiere in many ways (manager, players, owners, fans, etc.).

Pulis is not the answer and he can also fail (wherever he's taking over in the near future).

A lot of our problems are based on players and their individual mistakes from game to game. You can only coach and prepare the squad up to a certain point, what happens on the pitch is down to the players mostly.

Sorry it is plain as a sunny day we are very badly organised. A liverpool friend told me we are the worst team they have played in the past 2 seasons.

This is most defenitly not down to just the players, alot of it is bad coaching/strategy. Set pieces are coached. Defending is coached. Manager picks the players, the formation, the subs.

If you think the manager doesnt have an impact why employ one?

Not to mention these players, were backed by pearson to be good enough for the job.

The problem isnt just the results, but its also we not even competing. We dont even look like winning games. I didnt even celebrate when we scored against villa e.g. as we were been totally outplayed and I knew we would concede.

Its got to the point that we need to get a good thrashing to make the owners wake up.

Whilst cambiasso is unproven so is swansea's manager.

Cambiasso what he does have is many seasons at the top level, so he may well know more about how to compete than pearson does.

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9609026/F365-Says

An argument for bringing Pulis in which I disagree with but the 14-point swing with Burnley can't be ignored.

this

The danger is that Leicester leave it too late and Hull, Sunderland or West Brom lose their nerve first, replacing their under-pressure managers with the man who has never been relegated. If the Foxes go down in May having taken a desperate punt on Tim Sherwood in February, they will only have themselves to blame. There's nothing magic about that gilet.

Sorry it is plain as a sunny day we are very badly organised. A liverpool friend told me we are the worst team they have played in the past 2 seasons.

This is most defenitly not down to just the players, alot of it is bad coaching/strategy. Set pieces are coached. Defending is coached. Manager picks the players, the formation, the subs.

If you think the manager doesnt have an impact why employ one?

Not to mention these players, were backed by pearson to be good enough for the job.

The problem isnt just the results, but its also we not even competing. We dont even look like winning games. I didnt even celebrate when we scored against villa e.g. as we were been totally outplayed and I knew we would concede.

Its got to the point that we need to get a good thrashing to make the owners wake up.

Whilst cambiasso is unproven so is swansea's manager.

Cambiasso what he does have is many seasons at the top level, so he may well know more about how to compete than pearson does.

Err Cambiasso has even less experience of the Premier League than Pearson does?

Silly suggestion, get a grip - he and Monk are not comparable.

My suggestion would either be pulis (but as some have said he may be scared off given we already adrift), or someone foreign. I actually wouldnt be against cambiasso, he probably has more pulling power for players than pearson can dream off and has played under great managers.

Wow... you've thought this one through. Pulis or errrrr someone foreign, or that foreign chap in midfield.

Archived