Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

Agree... I though he was the best guy to work with the players and sort it out - but Nigel is soo slow to sort stuff out. I still belive changing manager is a big risk..., and am un impressed by the candidates... but I can't see Nigel making progress... It seems no one at the club is intervening to get help and have the right crisis planning to come up with a new approach... if they don't then we will get more of the same ... and thus might as well find a new manger...

SO do the owners1. help Nigel, 2. leave him to fail or 3. bring in a new guy who may well fail??? (I would go option 1) - I think they are going option 2.

How do you know who the candidates are?

WTF - did Pearson headbutt her Cocker Spaniel the other day?

What is it with this woman and her ridiculous stance and continuous media attacks on the manager?

And are football365 getting so wound up over it because they've lost a bet on who gets sacked first?

Because she has the intelligence to recognize a useless piece of deadwood when she sees one. Why you can't see it, God only knows. Pearson is 100% detrimental to the club, and although it is far too late, should either resign (which he hasn't the balls to do,) or be sacked now.

Cheers fella.

At the end of the day we are all City fans. When I saw who we'd signed in the summer my first thought was one of surprise. Surprise that anyone really thought the likes of Upson, Albrighton, even Cambiasso (he's been the best of a bad bunch to be fair I suppose) could be good enough at this level.

But hand on heart, I never thought we'd be this bad. Not this bad.

And as a season ticket holder, a fan of donkey's years and SO pleased that we got promoted after ten long, hard bloody years, to see us going to shite like this is upsetting.

I'm one who has never warmed to Pearson, the man. I respect him for his achievements last season, but I never warmed to him as a bloke. His antics recently are turning me off completely. As is our football.

Very upsetting time. We need SOMETHING, ANYTHING to get us going again.

I feel exactly that way about Pearson I don't think even if we weren't so shit this year I'd still warm to the bloke.I ts time for him to go now.long overdue actually.

Don't get me wrong, I STILL ain't sure whether a managerial change is the right thing. Amazing thing to say really, given the circumstances. But the question has to be asked surely?

I'm actually surprised the Thais are being as patient as they have been. Relegation for them must surely be financial suicide?

I guess we'll see in the next week or so.

Whatever happens now buddy, I firmly believe it is too late.

Because she has the intelligence to recognize a useless piece of deadwood when she sees one. Why you can't see it, God only knows. Pearson is 100% detrimental to the club, and although it is far too late, should either resign (which he hasn't the balls to do,) or be sacked now.

Please shut up

At the end of the day we are all City fans. When I saw who we'd signed in the summer my first thought was one of surprise. Surprise that anyone really thought the likes of Upson, Albrighton, even Cambiasso (he's been the best of a bad bunch to be fair I suppose) could be good enough at this level.

But hand on heart, I never thought we'd be this bad. Not this bad.

I have to say, Col, that I've been a bit surprised by how fierce and unconditional the loyalty on this forum has been. At a time when fans should have been angry about how poor our summer business was, they sat passively back and insisted that it was 'only May' or 'only June' or 'only July', even though we know full well that Pearson does his business early in the summer, and that the early signings were not at all promising. Some people actually kidded themselves that we did good business in the summer.

I had a bit of a debate with some good posters, back in early June, when I was called up for saying that early signs weren't promising with our transfer dealings. But they weren't. At times people sounded like club employees in the way they defended the club line.

Even so, we had a fantastic head start on QPR, and even Burnley, in terms of the quality of our squad. We can take the poor summer business into account, but it was no worse - in terms of expenditure - than what plenty of successful sides have done in the past. It's Pearson's game-by-game management which has cemented our fate.

I have to say that, when I see those same posters insisting that Pearson is the man for the job even though he could be a candidate for one of our worst ever top flight bosses, I get the feeling that some people will never change their opinion. No matter how strong the argument against them, or how undeniable the evidence staring at them.

I said Pearson should have stayed six games ago. I think time has proven me to be wrong. That said, I'd stick with him now. But not, for one second, because I think he's the man for the job, nor even because he's been a world-beater in his second spell, but rather because I think we had our moment, failed to seize it, and now need to take our time before we decide who the best person is to take this club forward.

And anyone saying that that man is definitely Pearson is going to be very hard to take seriously.

Just shows how fickle people are then.

2 points in 36. This is not fickle.

Jeez are people really that blinded by loyalty that they will back a man to the hilt and piss away a season in the prem? People on here banging on about 'bring back the Championship' 'Roll on the Championship', 'Nige will get us out of the Champonship'...I mean talk about ambition? WF is wrong with people. 2 POINTS IN 36. Do people actually want Premier League football or are they content with beating Huddersfield on a tuesday night just because they get to cheer for some goals?

Pearson has had half a season. In the modern game this is a LONG time. As has been quoted before, Martin O'Neil used to say a manager is only 6 losses away from the sack...

I thank Pearson for last year. Now it is time for us to part company. Why does this have to be such a fickle thing? Why does it invoke such vitriol from his defenders? I want Success. I want Progression. I do not want yoyo football for the forseable future, I certainly don't want another 10 years of Scunthorpe away. FFS.

I argued weeks ago he looked out his depth and probably should have gone, now it's starting to look like it's too late whether we sack him or not!

I don't even want to watch anymore, my grandad who is a long time supporter told me today he can't bear watching he just waits to see how many goals we lost by, Pearson like many other managers just doesn't seem to be able to cut it at this level in all ways: tactically, recruitment etc. I think he is a great championship manager but the Premier League has highlighted the numerous shortcomings he has and he doesn't know how to fix them

2 points in 36. This is not fickle.

Jeez are people really that blinded by loyalty that they will back a man to the hilt and piss away a season in the prem? People on here banging on about 'bring back the Championship' 'Roll on the Championship', 'Nige will get us out of the Champonship'...I mean talk about ambition? WF is wrong with people. 2 POINTS IN 36. Do people actually want Premier League football or are they content with beating Huddersfield on a tuesday night just because they get to cheer for some goals?

Pearson has had half a season. In the modern game this is a LONG time. As has been quoted before, Martin O'Neil used to say a manager is only 6 losses away from the sack...

I thank Pearson for last year. Now it is time for us to part company. Why does this have to be such a fickle thing? Why does it invoke such vitriol from his defenders? I want Success. I want Progression. I do not want yoyo football for the forseable future, I certainly don't want another 10 years of Scunthorpe away. FFS.

Holy shit, we haven't gained points in 36 games??

The problems stem from our recruitment whichever way you look at it.

The fact we started with Dean Hammond in our opening games and had to bring GTF on in midfield should have set some alarm bells ringing.

It would be incredibly harsh on Nige to sack him and then give another manager a large transfer budget.

It's not like we blew megabucks on rubbish either. We just didn't spend.

it's not too late... either they help nigel to sort this out ... or they get someone new (big risk) - it is only too late if they just leave things as they are (which is my fear!).

It is too late for your first option, he is out of his depth. It may not be too late for your second.

Pearson has taken his team as far as he can go a step to far for him I'm afraid time for someone else to have a go.

Like he'd taken us as far as he could at the end of the 2012/13 season?

Let's actually let him invest properly in the squad (if the money is there, if not we're doomed to the Championship and better off with him), rather than giving him scraps in comparison to the other Premier League teams, before we decide that.

Archived