Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

I don't want Pearson as manager now, but **** it keep him till summer, spend **** all in January, and start a fresh in the summer with a new manager, and get the bang average players we have out, and add to the very little quality we have.

Like to say it was nice being back in the premier league, but with this squad of players and a manager who is at a loss to get us competing in this league, it's been anything but nice.

Just really fed up with us now, look forward to going to games, to watch the city, but the last dozen games have finally grinded me down.

We are not coming back from this, I just hope we can at least find something to make it interesting

Surely we need to try and stay in this league it's taken us ten years to get back and we are going down with barely a whimper. I'm embarrassed by it all he's got to go.

We are trying to stay in the league.

I dread to think how embarrassed you were hovering around mid table in the championship or being in league one.

If you work on the assumption that Pearson has given the players the chance to prove themselves in the prem, then every argument for sacking him goes out the window and we as fans just have to grin and bear what's happening at the moment. They are obviously not good enough and they must know it themselves by now. Pearson has given them the chance and that's all he can do until the January transfer window. His hands are tied and he can't buy anyone.

If, in the summer he had got a shed load of new players in and got rid of half the team, which is what could have happened, he would have been a right cvnt so his only option, as a man, was to show some loyalty to the players that had pissed the championship.

We are trying to stay in the league.

I dread to think how embarrassed you were hovering around mid table in the championship or being in league one.

I've been watching Leicester a long time now and I am embarrassed by the results. I've seen some crap down there over the years but this takes the biscuit mate your obviously happy with how it's all going though!

If you work on the assumption that Pearson has given the players the chance to prove themselves in the prem, then every argument for sacking him goes out the window and we as fans just have to grin and bear what's happening at the moment. They are obviously not good enough and they must know it themselves by now. Pearson has given them the chance and that's all he can do until the January transfer window. His hands are tied and he can't buy anyone.

If, in the summer he had got a shed load of new players in and got rid of half the team, which is what could have happened, he would have been a right cvnt so his only option, as a man, was to show some loyalty to the players that had pissed the championship.

If we work on the assumptions that Pearson gave them a chance to prove themselves, hence lack of signings in the summer, that would be so naive as a manager, to go into the best league in the world, with a squad of if's, but's and maybes, and no back up if they aren't good enough, like now.

If we go on them assumption's, then Pearson and the club deserve everything they get, but us as fans are the ones I feel for, as we are the ones having to endure it

He's presided over 2 of our worst runs in the history of the club, that's a fact that can't be disputed.

He's presided over 2 promotions too, another fact. Both with big budgets and good resources compared to the opposition but both won in style.

We've all got our opinions but too many of them are either Pearson haters gloating about being proven right or blinkered Pearson lovers who can't handle a bad word being said about him.

For me, he's a good Championship manager, he's probably not quite up to it in the Prem. We've left it too late this season, we're resigned to relegation. I'd give him till the end of the season to try and salvage some respectability and then make a decision in the summer. But I wouldn't blame the owners for getting rid now so long as they have a good replacement lined up.

Thing is, most fans could've seen it coming, knowing that he's never had a full spell at the helm in the top flight. Unproven manager, unproven squad, little funds made available, transfers that so far have been hit and miss or not come to fruition at all.

All the frustration vented at the manager - what for? It's not like we've been in the Premier League for years with Pulis in charge for most part.

The players don't look to me as if they've resigned so far. Fans have given up early again, because the team and the manager couldn't/can't fulfill their expectations.

If we go on them assumption's, then Pearson and the club deserve everything they get, but us as fans are the ones I feel for, as we are the ones having to endure it

Would you have rather had another manager for the last two years and in all likelihood two seasons of mediocrity in the Championship, or one season ripping the Championship apart, one of the best individual games in our history against Man United, and three months of losing in the Premier League?

We as fans have an awful lot to be grateful for.

I've been watching Leicester a long time now and I am embarrassed by the results. I've seen some crap down there over the years but this takes the biscuit mate your obviously happy with how it's all going though!

So our first season back in the Premier League in ten years is more embarrassing to you than our stint in League One?

This team's work rate is a lot better than the cr*p we've been exposed to in between 2004 and 2008, for example.

Nobody's happy about the current winless run - some try to find answers, others just keep throwing their toys out of the pram and look at the manager as the sole responsible for it all.

We've been unlucky many, many times and hit by costly individual errors more than anything in the past eight, nine, ten games or so and could well sit atop 18th spot in a more positive scenario.

Would you have rather had another manager for the last two years and in all likelihood two seasons of mediocrity in the Championship, or one season ripping the Championship apart, one of the best individual games in our history against Man United, and three months of losing in the Premier League?

completely agree. it's not about blind loyalty, it's about accepting that life and football isn't a non stop upward trend with everything going the way you want it to. they say you have to look to your past to know your future, that being said, if anyone can come back stronger after a slump (which we're all hating), then it's pearson and this backroom team. let's not forget that both this physio team and scoutin team have received plaudits and work very closely with NP.

the caveat to this is that sadly, I think a few of the players just aren't up to it. I'll hold my hands up and say I thought the majority would step up. even assuming the acquisition of new players was pearsons fault, I think he's earned the right to make a few mistakes.

So our first season back in the Premier League in ten years is more embarrassing to you than our stint in League One?

This team's work rate is a lot better than the cr*p we've been exposed to in between 2004 and 2008, for example.

Nobody's happy about the current winless run - some try to find answers, others just keep throwing their toys out of the pram and look at the manager as the sole responsible for it all.

We've been unlucky many, many times and hit by costly individual errors more than anything in the past eight, nine, ten games or so and could well sit atop 18th spot in a more positive scenario.

In my eyes the buck does stop with the manager who else is to blame? Oh no I forgot it's all Terry Robinson's fault!

I would like a team that can compete in the league they are in, we have discussed this before mark.

I am not naive to believe that this season was going to be easy, and it was always going to be a struggle to stay up.

I said pre season that Pearson should be given the season as long as we are competing, but sorry mark, we are so far off competing in this league it's un real, and the man looks at a loss of how to get us competing.

Would I want to change the championship season of last year, no I wouldn't, but if he hadn't got us promoted, his contract was up, and might not of had it renewed.

The Man U game was great, but when played them when they were all at sea, but doesn't stop it being a great day.

But I would swap the Man U result if it means we wouldn't have to endure the results since, and we could compete in this league, yes I would, because at the end of the day, it was one game, one result.

You say we have a lot to be grateful for, I suppose we do, but nothing positive about the team and managerment since the Man U game, what should we be, happy, content because we won the championship, patient even though all involved look at a loss to get out of it, accepting because we should be grateful of past glories, pissed off because we look forward to watching the city, but it's becoming harder and harder to endure.

Listen mark, I know you are a massive Nigel Pearson fan, but not all of us are, if he can get us competing then great, but he's not

If we work on the assumptions that Pearson gave them a chance to prove themselves, hence lack of signings in the summer, that would be so naive as a manager, to go into the best league in the world, with a squad of if's, but's and maybes, and no back up if they aren't good enough, like now.

Naivety has got fvck all to do with it, how can you get back up players in and have them waiting in the wings to replace players. You only buy players if you think they're better than what you already have and by definition that means replacing what you already have and using you're current players as back-up. Course they deserve every thing they get, but you live by the sword and die by the sword, not pander to every spiteful remark from the i told you so bunch. And i, as a fan am prepared for the highs and lows, its what footballs all about and definitely don't want anyone feeling for me (i suspect you mean feeling sorry)   

You have to be ruthless in this division not  just in taking chances but also in terms of player recruitment we have a lackadaisical attitude as a club, it was blatantly obvious that we needed to improve the quality in the summer and we didn't do that and we are paying the price for a poor transfer window, no excuses as far as I am concerned we had f**king time, after romping the championship, to identify players and bring them in.

Naivety has got fvck all to do with it, how can you get back up players in and have them waiting in the wings to replace players. You only buy players if you think they're better than what you already have and by definition that means replacing what you already have and using you're current players as back-up. Course they deserve every thing they get, but you live by the sword and die by the sword, not pander to every spiteful remark from the i told you so bunch. And i, as a fan am prepared for the highs and lows, its what footballs all about and definitely don't want anyone feeling for me (i suspect you mean feeling sorry)

If you happy what you are watching or listening to, well done, but I am not so easly pleased.

To have a squad of a lot of young or unproven players, and gamble on wether they are good enough, if it isn't naive, then it's reckless, if they are serious about staying in this league, even if he only added 3 players of better quality, we just might be doing better right now.

Lets say John Percy is right and we have £6m to spend in January. Would you rather keep Pearson and let him spend the £6m, or spend the £6m paying him and his staff off, to get in another manager who is going to have nothing to spend?

Lets say John Percy is right and we have £6m to spend in January. Would you rather keep Pearson and let him spend the £6m, or spend the £6m paying him and his staff off, to get in another manager who is going to have nothing to spend?

I said earlier Babs, I'm resigned to the fact we are down, keep Pearson till the summer, spend nothing in January, what's the point with 6 million, and start afresh in the championship, without the bang average staff on the books now, and rebuild, with new ideas

The issue here is whether NP is really to blame for the abject dross served up on a weekly basis. Has there been an overpowering influence behind the scenes that has limited his aspirations as a premier league manager?

Did he toe the company line and publicly state the players deserved a chance at this level because the King Power mob were watching the pennies?

Lets be honest, not many businesses in today's world get a years worth of revenue guaranteed up front do they?

Could explain the patience shown in him. All is not what it seems at King Power Towers, you mark my words!

Edit. Pearson has been involved in football for too long, to have really believed Konchesky et al were good enough for this level.

No other manager in any other job in the world would have kept his job after telling a customer to **** and Die.

I said earlier Babs, I'm resigned to the fact we are down, keep Pearson till the summer, spend nothing in January, what's the point with 6 million, and start afresh in the championship, without the bang average staff on the books now, and rebuild, with new ideas

Rebuild - again? How much rebuilding do you need?

Swap the majority of staff and players again, then trying to emulate our years in between 2004 and 2010?

We're still in the midst of a rebuilding phase now!! The chapter of Eriksson's reign isn't fully closed yet (Gallagher) and we're in the process of integrating young and talented players into this squad in increments.

Archived