Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

Only two sides have lifted themselves above the dotted line from that position since the beginning of the Premier League – Sunderland last season and West Brom in 2005.
Pearson, who was assistant manager to Bryan Robson at West Brom that season, said he sees in his players’ eyes that they have the belief to achieve it.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/West-Ham-2-Leicester-City-0-reaction-quitters/story-25744956-detail/story.html#ixzz3MWVAPbI7

If it wasn't for Hull we would be the only team doing nothing in the Prem. Burnley, QPR, Albion, Villa are all providing their fans with some hope through passion and effort.

Bugger confidence, lack of confidence is just an excuse for poorer sides in any league trying to perform against superior opposition. You need balls, passion, effort and determination. Other teams seem to have that. If Nigey Baby can't get that out of this squad he is of no use whatsoever.

Only two sides have lifted themselves above the dotted line from that position since the beginning of the Premier League – Sunderland last season and West Brom in 2005.

Pearson, who was assistant manager to Bryan Robson at West Brom that season, said he sees in his players’ eyes that they have the belief to achieve it.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/West-Ham-2-Leicester-City-0-reaction-quitters/story-25744956-detail/story.html#ixzz3MWVAPbI7

I believe him. I don't think we do look like quitting. I've said for weeks now, its not about work rate or effort. It's about quality.

It's very possible, I'm not having this dead and buried stuff. But, the management need to find an answer and soon. Whether it's a change of players, a change of tactics or mind set.

You look at the teams above us and other than QPR there are 5 teams directly above us with only 2 or 3 wins (Hull and Sunderland also only have 2 wins like us). What all the other teams have are lots more draws than us. So it shows there are a lot of teams out there are struggling for wins, not just us. But they are able to scrape a few draws out

I'm sure he does, but the present squad won't do it. I've seen very game live this season and whilst I've been proud of our effort and some nuggets of skill, every game I've begrudgingly accepted that at some time in every game we've looked weak/ lightweight . Not the players fault, just that we're not good enough for the prem.

It's very possible, I'm not having this dead and buried stuff. But, the management need to find an answer and soon. Whether it's a change of players, a change of tactics or mind set.

You look at the teams above us and other than QPR there are 5 teams directly above us with only 2 or 3 wins (Hull and Sunderland also only have 2 wins like us). What all the other teams have are lots more draws than us. So it shows there are a lot of teams out there are struggling for wins, not just us. But they are able to scrape a few draws out

This is a crucial point. And the draws WILL matter come the end. I was having this convo earlier with my lad..we are not good enough to beat sides with flair and attacking prowess. We simply do not have the quality in the squad to go toe to toe with many other Prem sides to score more goals than they do.

We MUST therefore make ourselves hard to beat. It's exactly for this reason i suggested acquiring a certain player (or equivalent) in the summer (no names mentioned). Not due to individual ability, but for setting ourselves up to result in at least getting draws from games. Those single points will matter at the end.

Something has to change. I honestly can't see where the next point is coming from. Stick with Nige and we're going down, if we make a change we might stay up.

There's no guarantee we'll bounce back up. The run we're on the chances are Nige will be gone at the end of the season if not sooner. 3 or 4 of the better players will be sold, it's not going to be as easy as people think. It could easily be another 10 years in the wwilderness.

Something has to change. I honestly can't see where the next point is coming from. Stick with Nige and we're going down, if we make a change we might stay up.

There's no guarantee we'll bounce back up. The run we're on the chances are Nige will be gone at the end of the season if not sooner. 3 or 4 of the better players will be sold, it's not going to be as easy as people think. It could easily be another 10 years in the wwilderness.

Basically this, but Pearson is the best man for the job if we get relegated, to my mind at least.

Anybody who thinks that a side which has been relegated with a pathetic points tally is going to waltz up from the Championship needs their head inspecting. It took us 10 years, a relegation and god knows how many shitty 0-0s at home to Rotherham to get up last time.

This is a crucial point. And the draws WILL matter come the end. I was having this convo earlier with my lad..we are not good enough to beat sides with flair and attacking prowess. We simply do not have the quality in the squad to go toe to toe with many other Prem sides to score more goals than they do.

We MUST therefore make ourselves hard to beat. It's exactly for this reason i suggested acquiring a certain player (or equivalent) in the summer (no names mentioned). Not due to individual ability, but for setting ourselves up to result in at least getting draws from games. Those single points will matter at the end.

You also said it in the champ and were wrong.  You keep telling everyone to look at the bigger picture and then continually focus on one thing.

At this moment in time our problems are way bigger than 1 single player. We are currently leaking goals from all over the pitch, yes we'll be under more pressure in this league as we agreed the other day, but far too many are now unforced errors when we aren't even under that much pressure or being carved open.

Once again yesterday, we have our left back putting through the sort of through ball Mahrez would be proud of. No DM in the world is going to stop that stupid mistake. That's just an awful and avoidable decision, and they are coming from players all across the back line.

Anybody who thinks that a side which has been relegated with a pathetic points tally is going to waltz up from the Championship needs their head inspecting. It took us 10 years, a relegation and god knows how many shitty 0-0s at home to Rotherham to get up last time.

Certainly won't be easy, it never is. But a lot of the 10 years was down to bad manager choices, too many managers, financial issues etc. If we make a change, what I do not want is another managerial merry go round. They need to be backed and given time, because they will want to bring in all their own men, just like Pearson has and that will take time. It could take years, the problem is our fans do not have the patience for that as shown with the non stop harping at Pearson since he returned.  Then around and around we go.

You also said it in the champ and were wrong. You keep telling everyone to look at the bigger picture and then continually focus on one thing.

At this moment in time our problems are way bigger than 1 single player. We are currently leaking goals from all over the pitch, yes we'll be under more pressure in this league as we agreed the other day, but far too many are now unforced errors when we aren't even under that much pressure or being carved open.

Once again yesterday, we have our left back putting through the sort of through ball Mahrez would be proud of. No DM in the world is going to stop that stupid mistake. That's just an awful and avoidable decision, and they are coming from players all across the back line.

Do you think the chopping and changing has done us any good? Tactically I mean.

With the right personnel and sticking to a game plan until it became drilled-in, yes I think could have made a big difference. As you say, other sides are grinding out draws, we keep losing.

And this was another reason why i didn't 'spaff' over the signing of Cambiasso in the summer. What does he really give us? I think people are finally starting to see this. Individually possibly our best player (though currently that's saying nowt), collectively, I believe he hinders the energetic nature of the game our success has been founded upon.

Do you think the chopping and changing has done us any good? Tactically I mean.

With the right personnel and sticking to a game plan until it became drilled-in, yes I think could have made a big difference. As you say, other sides are grinding out draws, we keep losing.

And this was another reason why i didn't 'spaff' over the signing of Cambiasso in the summer. What does he really give us? I think people are finally starting to see this. Individually possibly our best player (though currently that's saying nowt), collectively, I believe he hinders the energetic nature of the game our success has been founded upon.

No I don't think it's helped at all. His hands were forced early on due to injuries, then he went searching for an answer when things weren't working.

At the start of the season I expected us to use two formations. A 4-4-2 in games that were more winnable and a 4-5-1 against your top half teams or away. The chopping and changing through so many players and formations I think was his biggest error as we now look like a bunch of players who don't know where they should be or what they should be doing on any given day.

One thing is for certain, if we lose to Spurs at home then that'll be the end of Pearson, and rightly so.

Yeah people have been saying that about our last 5-6 games and he's still here.

And now Premier League to who knows where in 2-3 years. We won't come straight back up if we go down and if you believe we will then you're as naive and blinkered as those who believe he is going to save us from relegation.

Right so you already know we're going down this year and that we won't be promoted next year under Nigel Pearson. Lottery numbers?

His record in this division would say he is unlikely going to be able to.  But I get your ppoint, it's the owners point of view that reallly matters!

I'm glad you got the point, I wasn't trying to say he would.

I'm happy to back the owners whatever they decide to do. None of us have all the facts at hand to make the decision one way or another. There are lots of things that could swing me one way or the other if I had the answers.

One thing is for certain, if we lose to Spurs at home then that'll be the end of Pearson, and rightly so.

I think that would be a ridiculous decision, if you are going to let a manager get this far then there is no point getting rid the day before the start of the  window. If he's given January I can honestly see him playing out the remainder of the season.

Archived