Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

McGoldrick - Again

We need to contribute from all over the pitch, including our other strikers.  Ulloa's contribution to the goals has already exceeded most expectations. If he had a strike partner capable of the same (how many easy chances have Nugent and Vardy missed) then we might be in a different position.

Tbh with our defence I really think the 4-5-1 approach is the best to make us harder to beat! If that is the case the wingers need to start providing!

Personally I would rather take a punt on a promising Lower league striker, Charlie Austin was banging in goals for Swindon and now pretty successful for QPR.

Sam Baldock for me is a similar player have a look Shakey!

Yup you're right.

Let's look lower than the championship to save us in the prem.

Yup you're right.

Let's look lower than the championship to save us in the prem.

It was Mcgoldrick as an option I was referring to! how many decent assured premiership players will be available at an affordable price in Jan?  If this is a fantasy football topic then Benzema will do nicely.

I'd have took him over Ulloa, at least the bloke can shoot from outside the penalty box.

lol lol

Ulloa holds the ball up so well, his link up play is good and can finish chances (as proved). I did not expect Ulloa to be striking balls from 25 yards, it's not his game.

Maybe he's play the right role for us, linking the play and still offering a goal threat whilst being more physical.

On the surface it doesn't seem great but if Nige and his team see him as a missing piece of the jigsaw then gear him in.

Tell you who I like the look of in the Championship... Jota. Not a striker, but an attacking player.

There've got to be better priced forwards available to us than McGoldrick, surely. He's improved but he won't be the difference IMO.

For anyone who saw my posts earlier in the 'Break the Bank' thread, this is precisely why we should go out and spend some real money on credible talent (probably from our equivalent leagues outside of the UK) if McGoldrick is the best sum lot available for £7.5m from the Championship. Where is the aspiration?!

There surely must be someone in Germany, Holland, Italy, France (you get my drift) available for the same price with a better pedigree.

He's a good player. I'd be pleased if we signed him, like I was when we signed Ulloa even though every bugger was moaning.

I always liked Ulloa to be fair Fez so I wholeheartedly supported that as I said at the time but McGoldrick has never struck me as a Premiership player.

I know his career has wained somewhat in recent times but I always thought that Lewis McGugan was the best player from that Forest squad before they all eventually moved onto pastures new. I will never forget seeing his long range free kick on the Football League Show that went like a rocket into the top corner. Had circumstances turned out differently I am sure he could have made the step up (not so sure now). Funny old game...

For anyone who saw my posts earlier in the 'Break the Bank' thread, this is precisely why we should go out and spend some real money on credible talent (probably from our equivalent leagues outside of the UK) if McGoldrick is the best sum lot available for £7.5m from the Championship. Where is the aspiration?!

There surely must be someone in Germany, Holland, Italy, France (you get my drift) available for the same price with a better pedigree.

I always liked Ulloa to be fair Fez so I wholeheartedly supported that as I said at the time but McGoldrick has never struck me as a Premiership player.

I know his career has wained somewhat in recent times but I always thought that Lewis McGugan was the best player from that Forest squad before they all eventually moved onto pastures new. I will never forget seeing his long range free kick on the Football League Show that went like a rocket into the top corner. Had circumstances turned out differently I am sure he could have made the step up (not so sure now). Funny old game...

On the contrary I think McGugan's always been a bit of a show pony, but McGoldrick was one of only two good Ipswich players last season (the other being Cresswell, who's made the step up comfortably).

People get hung up on previous years but players can improve. Who would have thought a couple of years ago that Vardy would be anywhere near a Premier League team.

The issue for me is not whether McGoldrick is overpriced, it's whether we'll get anyone else. We've suffered so far this season when a lot of people were saying they'd prefer to go without than sign him.

On the contrary I think McGugan's always been a bit of a show pony, but McGoldrick was one of only two good Ipswich players last season (the other being Cresswell, who's made the step up comfortably).

People get hung up on previous years but players can improve. Who would have thought a couple of years ago that Vardy would be anywhere near a Premier League team.

The issue for me is not whether McGoldrick is overpriced, it's whether we'll get anyone else. We've suffered so far this season when a lot of people were saying they'd prefer to go without than sign him.

Does he play off the main striker a la Nugent? I haven't seen much of him to be honest.

That's true; I just hope we can now push the boat out a bit more. Perhaps I am being a bit disingenuous to him as he may have sufficiently improved from my recollection, its just it isn't the sort of signing that inspires. I know we can't sign Esteban Cambiasso's every day of the week but as I said earlier today, I sincerely believe we now have the chance to aim higher than we ever have done as a club. It's a thought we aren't used to as Leicester City fans but we should be aiming to build ourselves something truly great again. 

If we are to never win the Premier League, at least get our hands on the one domestic cup that has evaded us so far - the FA Cup. My, that would be a great day!

Archived