Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Do we miss Kasper ?

He's still got plenty of time to get over and make a save it's just a poor effort. The wall does a terrible job but that's poor goal keeping, it's not even hit hard at the end of the day Erikson is 25 yards out on a angel.

I know it's Christmas, but I didn't see any of them flying overhead..

:whistle:

The average football fan's view of goalkeeping still well up to scratch then.  :rolleyes: 

To those blaming the wall, it is worth noting that a GK worth his salt wouldn't have allowed his wall to have been positioned so poorly. Falls under the remit of 'commanding the box', which many on here seem to think Hamer is fantastic at.

Tbh the wall in that situation are just there to stop the short ball, they aren't really there to block a shot. If nobody stands 10 yards away there's nothing to stop them passing it short then back to the taker and being through on goal. They have two players around it so we leave two players with them.

It's a bread and butter save and I'd be quite confident of saving that and I haven't played since I was at school.

sorry to butt in on your dick  measuring contest.

The wall was to blame for the goal.

Hamer set it up to cover the near post as you do, he covered the far post and then they jumped and split and the ball went through them.

how is that  the goalies fault?

The average football fan's view of goalkeeping still well up to scratch then.  :rolleyes: 

To those blaming the wall, it is worth noting that a GK worth his salt wouldn't have allowed his wall to have been positioned so poorly. Falls under the remit of 'commanding the box', which many on here seem to think Hamer is fantastic at.

you're right....I couldn't believe it when I heard Hamer shout..."Dave, run to the left and jump in the air like an idiot when he takes it...oh and riyad...turn your back and move to the right pal".

You could perhaps blame him for not saving the shot...but for the positioning of the wall. HAHA.

We shouldn't be conceding either of those types of goals. The first several players switched off, the second the wall didn't do its job which sadly means Hamer has to take a big portion of the blame.

He's young enough to learn from errors and come back stronger, and he does deserve his chance. Look at how many errors Joe Hart makes, including yesterday. I think we've accepted relegation now, so I'd give Hamer Prem experience till the end of the season and all of next season in the Championship. By then it will be clear what level he can play at.

The important thing is that disgrace Schmeichel never gets between the sticks for us again!

Never understood why people wanted Kasper dropped, get him back in please! Hamers kicking shocking and much much of a shot-stopper either

No Kasper is poor and Hamer has not taken his chance, we need a keeper both are championship level sadly. Still prefer Hamer

he set the wall up fine the fact Nugent literally ran away was the issue

Hamer looked to be, like everyone else, expecting a floated ball into the area from that position, the wall didn't do its job in addition to great placement from Eriksen resulting in the goal, wasn't nearly as criminal as the first goal with Wes Morgan's reaction time, too much sherry this Christmas?

Saying he would have saved Carroll's goal is really clutching at straws. In almost 200 appearances he's only made one similar save at Leeds away last season.

He would've committed too early with a clown star jump and left an easy finish.

lol lol lol what a load of bull. Only one similar save? What about Burnley when Vokes was through? In fact, in most games last season he saved our arses. I think YOU'RE clutching at straws. 

The wall was poorly positioned in the first place, luv.

Even more lol. Nugent clearly runs away expecting a cross just like Hamer did. Eriksen either spots this or scuffs his kick and it goes through a mile gap between he and Mahrez. I can see why Mahrez runs off because Lamela's 'decoy'. If Nugent stays where he is, perhaps he blocks it somewhat. 

The wall was fine when the free-kick hadn't been taken i.e. positioning was alright. When it's take, those in the wall don't do their job.

lol lol lol what a load of bull. Only one similar save? What about Burnley when Vokes was through? In fact, in most games last season he saved our arses. I think YOU'RE clutching at straws.

Even more lol. Nugent clearly runs away expecting a cross just like Hamer did. Eriksen either spots this or scuffs his kick and it goes through a mile gap between he and Mahrez. I can see why Mahrez runs off because Lamela's 'decoy'. If Nugent stays where he is, perhaps he blocks it somewhat.

The wall was fine when the free-kick hadn't been taken i.e. positioning was alright. When it's take, those in the wall don't do their job.

Incorrect on both I'm afraid 0/2.

Schmeichel has only made one save similar to the Carroll goal. To suggest he would have saved it is just a biased opinion, at least I used some evidence in my analysis (1 similar save in 200 against an inferior striker = unlikely he'd have saved). How many of the goals we conceded at QPR or home to Liverpool would Hamer had prevented? 3 minimum.

The wall was poorly positioned. If the left footer had stepped up he could have found the same corner Eriksen did by curling round Mahrez regardless of what Nugent was doing.

Not the worst free kick we've conceded in that goal this season though, and those 2 points Schmeichel cost us against Burnley started the plummet. That kicked off the bad run in the same way Essandoh did in 2001 (except this run is now worse than that one amazingly).

Anyone who wants to blame Hamer for the free kick yesterday has to understand that it's nowhere near as bad as Kasper's howler for the free kick against Burnley.

Yesterday in a position that a player would normally whip the ball in towards the back post, the wall split down the middle, the ball went straight through there and Hamer was beat scrambling across. Kasper was beat by a free kick that was dead central, in which everyone in the stadium knew Wallace was going to shoot and Kasper got his positioning all wrong.

For me Hamer has looked better than Kasper this season. Both good keepers but Hamer has the more commanding presence in the box.

Incorrect on both I'm afraid 0/2.

Schmeichel has only made one save similar to the Carroll goal. To suggest he would have saved it is just a biased opinion, at least I used some evidence in my analysis (1 similar save in 200 against an inferior striker = unlikely he'd have saved). How many of the goals we conceded at QPR or home to Liverpool would Hamer had prevented? 3 minimum.

The wall was poorly positioned. If the left footer had stepped up he could have found the same corner Eriksen did by curling round Mahrez regardless of what Nugent was doing.

Not the worst free kick we've conceded in that goal this season though, and those 2 points Schmeichel cost us against Burnley started the plummet. That kicked off the bad run in the same way Essandoh did in 2001 (except this run is now worse than that one amazingly).

So I'm incorrect that he made a save by sprawling himself in that fashion vs Burnley? How'd you work that one out Einstein? It's a one-on-one situation like Carroll's and like the Leeds one, and he's made the save? Struggle to believe how you think I'm incorrect there. I think he did it vs Watford in one of the play-off games too at the KP. 

Well it's a totally different situation if a left-footer takes it so what you're saying is all a moot point anyway. At the end of the day, if Nugent stays where he is, he has a chance of blocking the right-footed free-kick (because that's what we're talking about, forget any hypothetical situation about a left-footer).

As for the last point about the bad run - there's a whole culmination of factors which have led to it. We've had many, many chances and opportunities to get ourselves out of the bad run. 

Anyone who wants to blame Hamer for the free kick yesterday has to understand that it's nowhere near as bad as Kasper's howler for the free kick against Burnley.

Yesterday in a position that a player would normally whip the ball in towards the back post, the wall split down the middle, the ball went straight through there and Hamer was beat scrambling across. Kasper was beat by a free kick that was dead central, in which everyone in the stadium knew Wallace was going to shoot and Kasper got his positioning all wrong.

For me Hamer has looked better than Kasper this season. Both good keepers but Hamer has the more commanding presence in the box.

THIS in its entirety.

Archived