Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Do we miss Kasper ?

Saying he would have saved Carroll's goal is really clutching at straws. In almost 200 appearances he's only made one similar save at Leeds away last season.

He would've committed too early with a clown star jump and left an easy finish.

Kasper is excellent in one-on-one situations. That's not a weak area for him.

The problem clearly isn't Kasper or Hamer. I tried to say this when many were calling for Kasper's head, was ignored as usual.

The problem is much bigger than either of them..as we all know really.

Without Kasper in goal, the result against Villa could have been 4 or 5.

I think we maybe do miss his passion, instructions etc but Hamer has done ok.

Defence barely conceded a shot on goal Vs Champions Man City and not many more away at 4th place West Ham.

I certainly wouldn't say the defence missed Kasper pointlessly shouting or berating the linesman while the defence concedes record numbers of shots on target against bang average sides like Villa, Liverpool, QPR etc

Still, passshhhhhhun

Defence barely conceded a shot on goal Vs Champions Man City and not many more away at 4th place West Ham.

I certainly wouldn't say the defence missed Kasper pointlessly shouting or berating the linesman while the defence concedes record numbers of shots on target against bang average sides like Villa, Liverpool, QPR etc

Still, passshhhhhhun

Strange post.

I like Kasper's enthusiasm and the fact he really cares. Nowt wrong with that.

On the limited chances and therefore evidence to judge thus far then I'd safely say Hamer has been a very accomplished stand in for Kasper and is a very intelligent keeper. He was a very shrewd signing, possibly our best one last summer. My late Granddad once bemoaned that Leicester have brilliant goalkeepers but it's a shame about the some of the outfield in the main by comparison! I suppose some on here would argue that he's not had enough quality time between the sticks to be fairly compared as yet to our main no.1 but I think he'd be a fantastic main goalkeeper should Kasper be snapped up in the near future or even come the end of the season. Long live the beard!

For me Kasper has more extremes, he's extremely good at shot-stopping and extremely good at one-on-ones, but extremely bad at commanding his six yard box and extremely bad at dealing with crosses.

Whereas Hamer is generally more solid and reliable all round, which I prefer really. That said, he's only 3 games in, Kasper has been fairly good for us over a number of seasons. 

Hamer was brought in to have two (potential) premier league standard keepers. Minus the horrendous mistake he made during pre season I don't think you can fault the lad. Distribution is arguably better than Kaspers and has looked very confident coming off his line to pick up crosses, something of which I doubt with Kasper. I fully expected Kasper to regain no.1 spot when he returns but having strong healthy competition is needed for GKs at this level.

The problem clearly isn't Kasper or Hamer. I tried to say this when many were calling for Kasper's head, was ignored as usual.

The problem is much bigger than either of them..as we all know really.

Without Kasper in goal, the result against Villa could have been 4 or 5.

:thumbup:

Discussed...

Archived