Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

Being told to play by the owners he must be especially if he starts next game. Even if he does get dropped I bet it won't be for long. Tbf it's excellent marketing by the owners. Wouldn't surprise me if this stipulation was one of the reasons NP left

Why did Mainz play him every week? Their owners aren't Asian.

Waste of a starting spot. No other way about it. We look better without him and he seems to be the first sacrificed and we often come back when he's not on.

You really should stop slating so many players and the manager. You're becoming a joke.

We've subbed him off to get all three of Albrighton, Mahrez and Dyer on the pitch and we've looked better for it each time. I can't see the value in persisting with something when we've been shown a few times that we've probably got a better option available to us.

Albrighton and Mahrez have both had poor first halfs this season. Vardy wasn't brilliant first half today, neither were Drinkwater or Schlupp. We persist with Okazaki because he offers a lot of effort and movement which helps to tire opposition defences, allowing subs to make an impact.

We've subbed him off to get all three of Albrighton, Mahrez and Dyer on the pitch and we've looked better for it each time. I can't see the value in persisting with something when we've been shown a few times that we've probably got a better option available to us.

Has it occured to you and others that the subs coming on benfit greatly from the fact that they are fresh and playing against players that Okazaki has run ragged?

They wouldn't do so well in the last 30 mins if they had to play from the start.

How can he be keeping two players out of the side? lol

He only missed three games in two seasons with Mainz in the bundesliga, this paranoia about him starting because Japan is the capital of Thailand is embarrassing.

Well there's two players who are potentially alternatives, neither of which have played the past couple of games whereas Okazaki has. Do I really need to explain this?! There's no paranoia, and I know where both Japan and Thailand are, the problem is that he hasn't looked good enough. The other two, possibly, have. 

Has it occured to you and others that the subs coming on benfit greatly from the fact that they are fresh and playing against players that Okazaki has run ragged?

They wouldn't do so well in the last 30 mins if they had to play from the start.

I think the idea that Okazaki ran Southampton's defence ragged is a bit of a stretch.

Thats a wonderful defence of Shinji.

Unfortunately its also a load of bollocks.

He's shit.

So their owner Yuki Hukuwukozi doesn't sound Asian to you?

You've just made that name up lol

Says a lot when you're having to make things up. That person doesn't even exist never mind owns Mainz. They're fan owned like most German clubs.

Dylan mate, give it a rest. You've had a dire day with us not losing and CR making the right decisions. About time you went to bed.

Well there's two players who are potentially alternatives, neither of which have played the past couple of games whereas Okazaki has. Do I really need to explain this?! There's no paranoia, and I know where both Japan and Thailand are, the problem is that he hasn't looked good enough. The other two, possibly, have.

Yes, I think you do need to explain when you try to claim that one player is keeping two players out of the team lol

I like Jeff Schlupp a lot but he kept Mahrez out of the team today. That was a poorer selection than Okazaki. Ulloa hasn't been ripping up any trees in his substitute appearances and he wouldn't have prevented us from going two down today.

Oh come on thats clutching at straws. Nugent was never offered the same credit for doing exactly that and chippingin with important goals

I can see what he offers the side, I just think this wasn't the game for him. We needed a more bigger player that could help defend and attack set pieces. He doesn't offer that. He helps stretch defences, but Southampton could contain him. Their defence seemed a decent size and quite quick.

Oh come on thats clutching at straws. Nugent was never offered the same credit for doing exactly that and chippingin with important goals

He was by me. Great player for us. We were so much better wigth him on the field.

Anyone who didn't value what Nugent offered to the team wasn't worth listening to to be honest. Nugent was superb. Is Okazaki any better than Nugent? I can't say yes on the evidence we've been offered so far, but it's not a totally equal comparison, and we had enough time to accurately assess nugents limitations, whereas Okazaki can still be said to be 'settling in' after a move from abroad to a club where he has no compatriots. Don't write the lad off just yet and try to appreciate what he does offer even if it isn't a great goal threat (which Nugent didn't offer in the premier league either).

It was a joke pal, you lot really need to lighten up a bit

It's funny when people who have been having a go at our manager and players who have us top 5 have to pretend they were joking.

Archived