Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

Anyone who didn't value what Nugent offered to the team wasn't worth listening to to be honest. Nugent was superb. Is Okazaki any better than Nugent? I can't say yes on the evidence we've been offered so far, but it's not a totally equal comparison, and we had enough time to accurately assess nugents limitations, whereas Okazaki can still be said to be 'settling in' after a move from abroad to a club where he has no compatriots. Don't write the lad off just yet and try to appreciate what he does offer even if it isn't a great goal threat (which Nugent didn't offer in the premier league either).

Definitely. We should never write our players off. Just like Vardy.

Clutching at straws at that point though isn't it? Preferring strikers for their potential defensive abilities for set pieces?

And he was our top goal scorer last year...

He can score goals, he can attack a cross, and he can help out the defence. He offers a lot.

I'm not writing Okazaki off (as I just agreed with you) but I think Ulloa offers more at this point. Especially against taller teams.

I wondered how long it'd be before the old 'he's Japanese so he's only playing to sell shirts' line came out.

It's embarrassing to read that isnt it.

Albrighton and Mahrez have both had poor first halfs this season. Vardy wasn't brilliant first half today, neither were Drinkwater or Schlupp. We persist with Okazaki because he offers a lot of effort and movement which helps to tire opposition defences, allowing subs to make an impact.

Has it occured to you and others that the subs coming on benfit greatly from the fact that they are fresh and playing against players that Okazaki has run ragged?

They wouldn't do so well in the last 30 mins if they had to play from the start.

Okazaki didn't run them ragged. Southampton were not harried that much in the first half. The reason we looked better in the second half was because the players we brought on performed better, it had little to do with Southampton getting tired.

The line-up we ended with was stronger than the one we started with and we should begin the game with those players in the next game.

It's funny when people who have been having a go at our manager and players who have us top 5 have to pretend they were joking.

I meant the Mainz owner not the opinion on our manager. I'm glad we're doing well at the minute. It's the long term that worries me with him, mainly the signings, personally I think he's pretty lucky to have the back room staff he has at the minute.

When there is debate as to whether he is more effective than a striker we let go for half the money, and considered sale of the f'in century, you know he's been not worth the money.

You really should stop slating so many players and the manager. You're becoming a joke.

Was it you that used to argue with everyone slagging off cambiasso? Or do I have it wrong?

I meant the Mainz owner not the opinion on our manager. I'm glad we're doing well at the minute. It's the long term that worries me with him, mainly the signings, personally I think he's pretty lucky to have the back room staff he has at the minute.

But Okazaki was apparently a Pearson signing? While Dyer was a Ranieri signing wasn't he?

When there is debate as to whether he is more effective than a striker we let go for half the money, and considered sale of the f'in century, you know he's been not worth the money.

Was it you that used to argue with everyone slagging off cambiasso? Or do I have it wrong?

And what did you used to say?

This team is actually top 5. Cambi was a relegation team player. :D  

But Okazaki was apparently a Pearson signing? While Dyer was a Ranieri signing wasn't he?

Okazaki was most likely the owners signings although I do believe Walsh had been tracking him before we signed him (whether on owners recommendation who knows). I'm not saying he is shit just doesn't deserve to start at the minute, as probably 75% of LCFC fans would agree.

I would say Dyer is a Walsh signing- do you think Ranieri would have known who he was before he came here? Unlikely. The only Ranieri signings for me have been Benny and Inler who haven't exactly set the world alight have they?

I'm sure the link has been made before but

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/leicester-city-renew-toyo-tires-partnership-2710980.aspx

Is there a clause in the contract that says he has to start a set number of games?

Would make perfect sense, we get £100m for staying up yet probably a couple from this deal so perfectly sensible to agree we play a player every match for the £2 mil to put the £100m at risk....

Okazaki was most likely the owners signings although I do believe Walsh had been tracking him before we signed him (whether on owners recommendation who knows). I'm not saying he is shit just doesn't deserve to start at the minute, as probably 75% of LCFC fans would agree.

I would say Dyer is a Walsh signing- do you think Ranieri would have known who he was before he came here? Unlikely. The only Ranieri signings for me have been Benny and Inler who haven't exactly set the world alight have they?

lol

Whatever man. You're just assuming whatever fits your opinions.

Would make perfect sense, we get £100m for staying up yet probably a couple from this deal so perfectly sensible to agree we play a player every match for the £2 mil to put the £100m at risk....

Exactly. Every position we drop costs more than we make in Japanese shirt sales so of course it's totally worth sacrificing the quality of our side to fit in a Japanese player.

How many games have we lost that Oka has played in? 1

he's been taken off whilst we've been losing and replaced by players who've made a difference in most recent games though, let's not pretend he's in any way responsible for, for example, anything we've taken from today's game or games vs villa, stoke etc. 

we've also only lost one game all season so that is potentially, and this is some going, the worst use of a stat i've ever seen on this forum. 

Would like to see him dropped and then have a chance to stake a claim on a place against Hull.

Ulloa could come in or Mahrez has ability to support Vardy. If we had no other options then fair enough, but we have other good options who deserve a start.

the way I see it he is concentrating so much of working hard he isn't getting in the positions to be a threat or when he does he isn't calm enough having chased back then sprinted forward to take it, maybe spelling Vardy, assuming we aren't chasing a game like normal, will allow him to just be the striker and lead the line

Ulloa should start instead of Okazaki at the moment. I'm not writing Okazaki off just yet, but I think he's under-performed in a lot of games, and Ulloa has looked very promising coming off the bench. On merit, Ulloa should get a game.

Sensible comment. He has underperformed, but his record suggests he can do it, so....

drop him down to the bench and bring him on the for last 20 or so see if he can refind his shooting boots

... this would seem to be a sensible solution.

Whether it will happen though...

He's a good player who is working hard but it isn't quite clicking for him at the moment - anyone trudging out the only playing to sell shirts guff is either twelve or a moron. I'd like the side that finished the game today to start the next one and have him work to get back in the side.

Great headache to have though, what depth we've got now.

There's no point him starting at the minute if he keeps getting pulled at half time? Is that 4 times now?

Not sure how people say he's helping the team when we've played better once he's gone off on 3 or 4 occasions.

Dyer, mahrez and schlupp behind vardy for me against palace.

Archived