Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

Our leading goal scorer! He was one of two decent players that Pearson brought in. He just doesn't get enough service, and that is a massive problem within our current squad.

I like Ulloa but he is never in the box when the crosses are going in, instead he is waiting for a pass on the edge of the box so he can cross it, that is one thing I do not understand ATM and surely NP should be telling him to get in the box more

I like Ulloa but he is never in the box when the crosses are going in, instead he is waiting for a pass on the edge of the box so he can cross it, that is one thing I do not understand ATM and surely NP should be telling him to get in the box more

Surely the money he's on AND being a footballer is his job; he should be able to work this out for himself?

You may be right, but surely that is what Pearson is telling him to do? Why? I don't know.

We've only conceded two goals from open play in the last 6 games, there has been an improvement in that area. Our goals against is on par or not far off with a lot of teams. Conceded one less than Newcastle in 11th, just four more than Spurs in 6th, less than Burnley and QPR, 1 more than Palace, the same number as Everton.

Whilst I'd still like an improvement, it's not currently the disaster people are making out. Goals for are also on par with a lot of teams, but when 5 of those came in the same game it warps those stats quite a bit.

A top quality CM would be my preference at the moment seeing as we don't seem capable of keeping then fit currently.

I was going to post just this the other day. agree 100% re the goals conceded and goals conceded in open play

I agree. Ulloa does come deep too often but I think that's because he has to. If our midfield could retain possession better,he wouldn't feel the need to. Also,when he comes deep,his partner,whether it be Nugent/Vardy or whoever should be running in behind him, that isn't happening at the minute.

I don't think it's Ulloa that Pearson needs to chat too but whoever plays alongside him. Ulloa can hold the ball up better than anyone else in the team but if there is no one to hold it up for, there is no point.

I agree. Ulloa does come deep too often but I think that's because he has to. If our midfield could retain possession better,he wouldn't feel the need to. Also,when he comes deep,his partner,whether it be Nugent/Vardy or whoever should be running in behind him, that isn't happening at the minute.

I don't think it's Ulloa that Pearson needs to chat too but whoever plays alongside him. Ulloa can hold the ball up better than anyone else in the team but if there is no one to hold it up for, there is no point.

Watch him next game, the game against villa there was simpson, Albrighton on the edge of the area and Ulloa was there too waiting for a pass so he can cross, what he should have been doing is running into the box so Albrighton had somebody to cross it into, there was a point where a cross went in one game and Knockaert was the only one in the area and the commentators said Ukloa shoukd have been there not knockaert

Maybe somebody like Kevin Philips could pass on their secrets? Hopefully we will be forced to play to Kramarićs strenghs ala Cottee or we are fooked and just wasted several million.

He has played for 30 minutes.

He was not having a go at Kramaric he was saying we need to get the best out of him.

Ta

The guy looks the muts and to see him on the touchline changed for what seemed like an age whilst it was obvious what was going to happen was one of the worst short peices of management to date.

Kramarić has a style and from what i've seen on line he is a poacher. Andy Gray, Cottee,and Lineker were 40ish goals a season for a reason.

I just hope that the guy plays to his own strenghs as we seems to over complicate the game and have strikers performing in a style that is alien to them, headless chickens.

Cruyff mucked about with Lineker at Barca, playing wide etc and for some odd reason he stopped scoring.

He needs to be selfish and this in turn will force our game to change, can't be another striker that gets worse here.

Can't believe people are saying they don't want another class striker in the team.

Getting him doesn't mean we don't get other players in other positions.

Not getting him certainly doesn't guarantee us getting players in other positions.

The Jan window is fickle. You have to take what you can get.

Can't believe people are saying they don't want another class striker in the team.

Not getting him certainly doesn't guarantee us getting players in other positions.

This. If an Okazaki deal can be done within our financial capabilities I don't see why us fans, who have for a large portion of the season complained at not creating and taking enough chances, wouldn't take a player of Okazaki style who clearly has the ability to create and finish chances.

He would be an astute acquisition and we can also presume we wouldn't be looking at a deal of this price if we couldn't also strengthen the defence, as Pearson has already stated he wants to do.

Watching him in the Asian Cup being held here in Aus. Not impressed so far.

Live game currently playing but he has already been subbed off against the United Arab Emirates (currently 1-1 in extra time). Out of 32 Japan shots in the 90 only one was from him - and in a 4141 formation.

Edit: UAE beat Japan on penalties. Credit to UAE they actually defended pretty well, but Japan's finishing - very poor.

Live game currently playing but he has already been subbed off against the United Arab Emirates (currently 1-1 in extra time). Out of 32 Japan shots in the 90 only one was from him - and in a 4141 formation.

Edit: UAE beat Japan on penalties. Credit to UAE they actually defended pretty well, but Japan's finishing - very poor.

Was he the one playing up front? Odd for him to only get 1 shot in...how long did he play for though?

Saving himself for the survival push.

But we won't get him in this transfer window, since Mainz are unwilling to let him go.

But we won't get him in this transfer window, since Mainz are unwilling to let him go.

They wouldn't of put a price on his head if they were THAT reluctant to let him go..

To me it depends on what happens with Vardy.. and wether west Brom up their bid or not... mahrez will be back soon and 6-7 million for someone who wont be a first team regular will be tough to turn down...

Regardless of what Mainz want to do in selling or keeping him, if there is anything at all left in this deal, it will  start to unfold or die out completely sooner rather than later with Japan's tournament now over. 

They wouldn't of put a price on his head if they were THAT reluctant to let him go..

I have to agree with this. They'll have a price they'll be prepared to accept for him so I doubt selling him will be their issue. For me it hinges on if we are prepared to stump up enough to satisfy them in time for them to draft in a replacement. Do that and Okazaki is probably attainable.

Archived