fuchsntf Posted 10 January 2015 Posted 10 January 2015 So we have 17 games left, forget whats gone.We have found some form. Go through our fixture list, and bottom 8 teams. How many points can we realistically get, give 2 ideas, then ask yourselves do we stay up.?? I believe we will, if we are not needing 40/41 pts. My reckoning...no logic brhind it is ...38/42pts, I have been bias and optimistic. I am a fan and enjoy positive belief.Pessimism is not in my brief. SO..guys n gals, wadda yus think.
shailen Posted 10 January 2015 Posted 10 January 2015 In my opinion the league is weaker than usual so the 18th place team will likely have 35 points. So we are likely need 36 points to stay up.
GaelicFox Posted 10 January 2015 Posted 10 January 2015 38 pts needed I feel , some others finding form as well and management changes off yo good starts
tripe Posted 10 January 2015 Posted 10 January 2015 37, 38 points will be more then enough, maybe even a couple less. A third of the league is battling relegation, a lot of games between each other. 17 games to go. Stoke, Palace, WBA, QPR home. These gamse are do or die. Win these and you'll be two thirds of the way there. Get good results at Burnley and against West Ham, Swansea and Newcastle home.
gurru991 Posted 10 January 2015 Posted 10 January 2015 I was always of the opinion that we would need 40 points to stay up. Any thing else is cutting it too close.
Benguin Posted 10 January 2015 Posted 10 January 2015 Average is always around 38 points. There seems a real bone of contention amongst 8 or 9 teams, so I think the safety net will lie at 36 or 37pts. We have 17, if we can take 3 from stoke, WBA, crystal pardew, Sunderland, burnley, Qpr and Hull then we will be laughing. My prediction: Leicester 16th Burnley 17th aston villa 18th QPR 19th Hull 20th
shailen Posted 11 January 2015 Posted 11 January 2015 Watching MOTD tonight you'd perhaps believe that referees appointments may be crucial.. Last week we suffer 'ghost penalties' andarguably lose 2 points as a result. Today Palace are awarded a 'non' penalty, escape with not conceding one that is and end the day with 3pts when they should have earned a maximum of one! It was a penalty for Palace. Definite foul. How the two penalties were given against us at Liverpool I do not know. Apart from a lucky one against United we haven't had many decisions in our favour and indeed should have had at least 5/6 more.
Littletoe Posted 11 January 2015 Posted 11 January 2015 We need 40+ points this season i think. Going to be a very tight bottom 6-7.
Guest Bilo Posted 11 January 2015 Posted 11 January 2015 I can see this being a year where few points are needed to stay up. I reckon 35-36 points will keep us safe, 19 from the next 51 available is far from impossible, especially given we have still to play Palace, Hull, Newcastle and QPR at home as well as Burnley and Sunderland away.
waylander Posted 11 January 2015 Posted 11 January 2015 we need it to be a year with low points to stay up. and to keep the momentum going. would be great for karamic to come off the bench and score next week . unknown quantity yet. 6win 2 draws sounds good 37. villa down cant score.
Crinklyfox Posted 11 January 2015 Posted 11 January 2015 No less than 38 points IMO, so seven wins from here. If we can consistently beat our relegation rivals it could be less but I wouldn't bank on it.
Guest Posted 11 January 2015 Posted 11 January 2015 It's less about how many and more about against who. We need 40+ points this season i think. Going to be a very tight bottom 6-7. Should be re-worded.
st albans fox Posted 11 January 2015 Posted 11 January 2015 It was a penalty for Palace. Definite foul. How the two penalties were given against us at Liverpool I do not know. Apart from a lucky one against United we haven't had many decisions in our favour and indeed should have had at least 5/6 more. They best spurs because spurs are poor away from home. Spurs kept getting lucky. we should have beaten them aswell. poor decisions? Like newcastles disallowed goal last week? Decisions will generally even themselves out. However, getting a pen when you are losing by three isn't quite the same as when you're drawing! That's the problem.
gerrytaggart Posted 11 January 2015 Posted 11 January 2015 I think we will finish on 41. Qpr burnley hull villa making up the bottom 4.
Libertine Posted 11 January 2015 Posted 11 January 2015 Got another tough run of fixtures coming up soon but we have a good run in. As long as the doom doesn't descend again when we lose a few I think we can still do it. Still need a couple of signings of course.
notnow john Posted 11 January 2015 Posted 11 January 2015 I think 38 points are achievable,that's looking at five winnable home games, one away win and three draws,hope it's enough !
Guest Col city fan Posted 11 January 2015 Posted 11 January 2015 Said it ages ago and still think it. We'll finish 17th
Guest ttfn Posted 11 January 2015 Posted 11 January 2015 I would split the fixtures into 4 groups: 1) Tricky home games - Chelsea, West Ham, Southampton 2) Winnable home games - Stoke, Palace, Hull, Swansea, Newcastle, QPR 3) Winnable away games - Burnley, West Brom, Sunderland, Everton 4) Bonus away games - Man United, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City Obviously it doesn't really matter how we get them but I think we probably need another 19 points. I think we'll need at least 10 from those "pot 2" games, but that does mean we can afford to lose a couple of them.
sdb Posted 11 January 2015 Posted 11 January 2015 Gut feeling, 35/6 points, 20th. I think we'll get some decent result but we've left it a little late.
fuchsntf Posted 12 January 2015 Author Posted 12 January 2015 I would split the fixtures into 4 groups: 1) Tricky home games - Chelsea, West Ham, Southampton 2) Winnable home games - Stoke, Palace, Hull, Swansea, Newcastle, QPR 3) Winnable away games - Burnley, West Brom, Sunderland, Everton 4) Bonus away games - Man United, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City Obviously it doesn't really matter how we get them but I think we probably need another 19 points. I think we'll need at least 10 from those "pot 2" games, but that does mean we can afford to lose a couple of them. Good thinking, well put together.Goes along my line, though I would put Swansea into pot 1. I suppose the football spirits, will confuse the obvious, and suprises are in store.
Arriba Los Zorros Posted 12 January 2015 Posted 12 January 2015 I am convinced we will be either 17th or 18th, above Burnley and Villa. Possibly us and QPR to fight for 17th. Think Hull will pick up soon
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.