Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Windows 10 upgrade to be 'free' for one year

I think you've severely over estimated my computer competence. :D

in the search bar at the bottom just type cmd    and you will see at the top it will say command prompt click that to open and an old school box will come up in which you can type . 

type the following      sfc/scannnow  and press enter    and let it do its thing lol when finished go back to your email and it will work if you have set your account up correct 

in the search bar at the bottom just type cmd    and you will see at the top it will say command prompt click that to open and an old school box will come up in which you can type . 

type the following      sfc/scannnow  and press enter    and let it do its thing lol when finished go back to your email and it will work if you have set your account up correct 

I googled it yesterday and let it do it's thing, still no good. 

Since updating to Windows 10 when I shut my computer down and knock on the desk, keyboard or tower will turn the computer on :huh: Really annoying when I just move the chair out of the way into the desk and then the computer boots up. It's a full turn on as well so it's not like the computer was just in sleep mode.

Not having any luck with similar problems on Google though. Any ideas???

Just upgrading an oldish laptop but it's been sat there for a good 45 mins with just a white square on a black background with the text -

Personalized Settings

Setting up personalized settings for:

Web Platform Customizations

Is this normal?

Just upgrading an oldish laptop but it's been sat there for a good 45 mins with just a white square on a black background with the text -

Personalized Settings

Setting up personalized settings for:

Web Platform Customizations

Is this normal?

How old's the laptop? If you're talking 4+ years old it might take a little longer.

How old's the laptop? If you're talking 4+ years old it might take a little longer.

Yes older than four it's just that the current message compared to previous ones during the upgrade is not exactly user friendly or reassuring.

proably a stupid question but does it come with word, powerpoint etc included or is that extra?

No that's Microsoft Office so it is separate software that you will need. If you already have it then it won't be lost following the upgrade but installing it new you'll need to have a licence for it ie. Buy it

Yes, also had that (albeit had it completed more quickly).

It's worth the wait, by looking at the difference between this version and the previous one/s.

Thanks,will leave it then as not in a rush as I don't use this laptop anymore just using it to see what happens when you upgrade as I've got two desktops with 7 on and a laptop with 8.1 on it to do 

You'd still have Windows 7, the laptop would inform you once you rebooted if you stopped installing 10.

---

I'm no IT expert but logically:

Before I launched it, I deleted quite a few files (as too many certain files can affect speed of progress); and this made this Windows 10 thing to install much faster.

Perhaps try deleting some files, and re-install it again?

You can install it anytime, as there's no deadline.

You'd still have Windows 7, the laptop would inform you once you rebooted if you stopped installing 10.

---

I'm no IT expert but logically:

Before I launched it, I deleted quite a few files (as too many certain files can affect speed of progress); and this made this Windows 10 thing to install much faster.

Perhaps try deleting some files, and re-install it again?

You can install it anytime, as there's no deadline.

By files do you mean programmes as I have no personal stuff on there. I have stuff life ms office 2000 and paint shop pro etc

Archived