Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Windows 10 upgrade to be 'free' for one year

It won't let me use my scrabble game since I upgraded. It just says;Please login with administrator privileges and try again.

Any ideas what I'm supposed to do?

There's a little windows icon on the bottom row.

Yes I've got that and click on it to reserve it. I then got OK notify me when ready.

How do they notify you?

Yes I've got that and click on it to reserve it. I then got OK notify me when ready.

How do they notify you?

The icon pops up again and you get an email, I believe

It won't let me use my scrabble game since I upgraded. It just says;Please login with administrator privileges and try again.

Any ideas what I'm supposed to do?

Login with administrator privileges, maybe? ;)

But in all seriousness - is that from the windows app store? I've had problems connecting to it/signing in, as has my other half, so I'm pretty sure it's a widespread thing...

I've heard speculation that they've 'closed' it temporarily while the servers are dealing with everyone trying to update. Seems fairly logical, but would have thought that might have been publicised if so...

The icon pops up again and you get an email, I believe

Yup.

Not sure it's available to everyone immediately though. I downloaded it straight away but I know a few people who couldn't get it. You can force it through using the command line but I've not tried it (as I didn't need to).

Again, think it's their way of ensuring they don't overload their servers.

Login with administrator privileges, maybe? ;)

But in all seriousness - is that from the windows app store? I've had problems connecting to it/signing in, as has my other half, so I'm pretty sure it's a widespread thing...

I've heard speculation that they've 'closed' it temporarily while the servers are dealing with everyone trying to update. Seems fairly logical, but would have thought that might have been publicised if so...

No it's a CD rom I bought a few years ago. I've tried uninstalling it and installing it again but it didn't work.

Few issues with sleep/hibernating on my HP laptop not turning back on, meaning i've got to restart by holding down the power button each time :/ Not sure if its a Win10 issue, but the timing seems to imply as much. Hopefully it gets patched soonish.

This is an issue i'm having too since i installed it

Tried downloading it via the actual site? Quite a few people seem to have had problems with the install.

Yeah it's not told me I'm ready yet but I've downloaded the installer.

I'm getting so fed up of re-downloading that I'm making it into an ISO now to burn it and keep trying. Apparently the error I keep getting now can be rectified by unplugging all USB devices after initiating the install... if something as buggy as that is causing issues I'm half thinking I should wait until everything is sorted before upgrading from Windows 7 lol:whistle:

Open a cmd prompt and type sfc/scannow and let it do its thing that will fix it as I had the same prob

I think you've severely over estimated my computer competence. :D 

Yeah it's not told me I'm ready yet but I've downloaded the installer.

I'm getting so fed up of re-downloading that I'm making it into an ISO now to burn it and keep trying. Apparently the error I keep getting now can be rectified by unplugging all USB devices after initiating the install... if something as buggy as that is causing issues I'm half thinking I should wait until everything is sorted before upgrading from Windows 7 lol:whistle:

Christ. Yeh some apps need fixing. I can't remove an email account from the mail app, literally just comes up with an error. Contacted a Windows assistant and they couldn't even do it, absolute joke.

Finally got it up and running and liking it so far. Mail doesn't work though and a few bits and bobs are acting up but it's still early days and with patches, etc I think Windows could be back to being a decent OS

Archived