Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Windows 10 upgrade to be 'free' for one year

Anyone tried it yet?.. itching to see how it goes

Not available until July 29th or were you thinking of one of the beta testers.

We've got 3 PCs with windows 7, 2 desktops and a laptop will just get the oldest desktop upgraded first to see how it goes.

If it's the oldest make sure that the hardware is compatible with an upgrade, otherwise you may be left with something useless if it is not powerful to run the Operating System

If it's the oldest make sure that the hardware is compatible with an upgrade, otherwise you may be left with something useless if it is not powerful to run the Operating System

It's  the one that was running slow a few weeks  back but seems ok now I've  reinstalled  windows 

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.33GHz

RAM is  4 GB ( 3.19 usable)

32 Bit

on the register thing it does say 

Install

Pick a time thats good for you....

so in theory you could register,download it....then just install it when you want.... 

It actually downloads onto a folder on your pc automatically if you register, ready to be installed whenever you want

It actually downloads onto a folder on your pc automatically if you register, ready to be installed whenever you want

thought so, might do that & put in on my laptop proper when they release a proper media suite & that for Windows 10....since it wont have one on launch.

• 1 month later...

This is officially released today.

I've reserved my copy but it doesn't let you know any more information on how the download is getting on. I'd imagine their servers are getting hammered. I suppose if there's any company with the infrastructure and hardware to handle this it would be Microsoft. 

Is the OS like 8 or 7 in terms of layout, Windows 8 for business use is discusting!!

And they are saying that you get a free years upgrade right so what happens after the year do you have to pay or something? ]

Any why are they trying to do away with Windows 7 for its a beast!

Archived